Is there a connection between asexuality...

Sally

1. 1. So?

• Yes, of course
    • No, of course not
    • I don't know
    • Stop this s--t right now

Stormy Wether

oh noes... i only sort of like cake, a little bit. :(

heyyy... wait a minute! that must be why i'm more towards the demi end of things instead of being fully asexual. :rolleyes: omg, i think you're really onto something! :P

oh dear *cowers in shame at own inadequacy as revealed by signature*

Does it help that I really, really love tea?

It's ok, I'm right behind you! I'm not really a cake fan either. I prefer pie. And I'd rather have water than tea, so I'm even more of an outcast.

Thought: has one of those special threads been started for people who don't really like cake either? We could organize.

We need a label. Cake-indifferent? Cake-positive? (I'm not opposed to cake for others, just don't really care for it myself.)

I have a theory. At some point in our lives at young, young ages, we asexuals were introduced to something. Something that would change our lives forever. For some it is a traumatizing experience, others might find enjoyment in it. But for us, the asexuals of the world, we enjoyed it. And what did we enjoy? Cake. Cake? Yes, that's right. Cake. Maybe it happened on our first birthday, maybe it happened before that, maybe it happened afterwards. But either way we were introduced to cake. Most people enjoy cake every once in a while and then move on with their lives. But not us, no not us. We became obsessed with cake. It became our lives! Constantly, all we could do was eat, sleep, breathe cake. Oh so glorious CAKE! As we got older the obsession continued. While most boys, girls, and children of the world became interested in another person, began thinking sexual thoughts, wanting to preform sexual activities on another person, we asexuals we different. We didn't want sex. We couldn't think about sex. We couldn't think all these thoughts that the other children were thinking. Why? Because we were still obsessed with cake. Then, as teenagers, while other teenagers of the world were getting each other pregnant, we asexuals were not. Why? Because we were STILL focused on cake. The thought of sex was absurd. Because, as we all know, cake is better than sex. Who needs to procreate with another person when you can bake a cake right in the safety of your home without having to worry about STDs. So, in response to your question, yes. I do think that there's a link between asexualtiy and something. And that something is cake. This post was meant to be funny and was not serious in any way. Please no one take me seriously on this

This is the explanation to why I'm addicted to cake, preferably chocolate ^_^

Thought: has one of those special threads been started for people who don't really like cake either? We could organize.

Oh, you acakeists. You just haven't met the right cake yet. ^_^

Damn, I am so baffled at this constant debate! Is there really any point to this???

Damn, I am so baffled at this constant debate! Is there really any point to this???

Nope. We are apointist. Although pointism is fluid...

Then let it be done.... I'd rather this topic be laid to rest until further studies have been conducted and approved.... just to be fair

Stormy Wether

Maybe we just haven't met the right point?

I don't know, I think maybe apointism is caused by traumatic experiences with points as a child. Or maybe there is a connection between not having a point and enjoying either Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, or cats.

I don't know, I think maybe apointism is caused by traumatic experiences with points as a child. Or maybe there is a connection between not having a point and enjoying either Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, or cats.

You may be right. I saw no point whatsoever to my childhood.

Or maybe the point is ...

The Truth is Out There ...

Do do do do de do ... :rolleyes: :P

Stormy Wether

Or maybe the truth is...

The Point Is Out There

I love this thread. :wub:

OK, back to trenchant ironic comments. As you were.

under_the_radar

You may be right. I saw no point whatsoever to my childhood.

I'm pretty sure it was to fit out of the birth canal.

Or maybe the truth is...

The Point Is Out There

That as well.

heyyy... wait a minute! that must be why i'm more towards the demi end of things instead of being fully asexual. :rolleyes: omg, i think you're really onto something! :P

It's ok, I'm right behind you! I'm not really a cake fan either. I prefer pie. And I'd rather have water than tea, so I'm even more of an outcast.

We need a label. Cake-indifferent? Cake-positive? (I'm not opposed to cake for others, just don't really care for it myself.)

I'd say cake-positive. There's nothing wrong with cake, we just feel no desire for it. I personally enjoy watching other people enjoy their cake (please, stop making any kind of analogy for that sentence).

I assure you, I have been quite the cake-slut in my time. There are few cakes I haven't had affairs with. Next you'll be saying that my taste buds are just early-faders!

I assure you, I have been quite the cake-slut in my time. There are few cakes I haven't had affairs with. Next you'll be saying that my taste buds are just early-faders!

On the contrary, I think you must be repressing your taste buds.

Murrey, you have my deep sympathy. I have tasted and loved many a cake and to think that someone may be deprived the pleasure of them despite engaging with them makes my cold heart shudder. :lol:

On a side note, anyone else hate store-bought cakes (Like from the Safeway "bakery.") and prefer homemade ones, even made from a mix?

Murrey, you have my deep sympathy. I have tasted and loved many a cake and to think that someone may be deprived the pleasure of them despite engaging with them makes my cold heart shudder. :lol:

On a side note, anyone else hate store-bought cakes (Like from the Safeway "bakery.") and prefer homemade ones, even made from a mix?

Yes, I have made some truly loathesome cakes in my life and they were all better than those grocery store things that have 57 chemical ingredients. Most of them, at least.

Loathsome, I mean.

I'd say cake-positive. There's nothing wrong with cake, we just feel no desire for it. I personally enjoy watching other people enjoy their cake (please, stop making any kind of analogy for that sentence).

Maybe you're just a late cake- bloomer :P

Stormy Wether

*yawn, stretch* good morning

I must admit that vegan cake is somewhat less tempting than ordinary cake, and may have led to cake-repression.

I must admit that vegan cake is somewhat less tempting than ordinary cake, and may have led to cake-repression.

If you can't have attractive cake, then you just tell yourself that you don't like cake. It's really a self-protective measure. You become cake-celibate.

frankly, i'm above you all.

i think everyone who likes cake is a cake slut. and everyone who doesn't like cake is repressed and in denial.

you pathetic creatures. i don't even know why i waste my time with you.

Stormy Wether

If you can't have attractive cake, then you just tell yourself that you don't like cake. It's really a self-protective measure. You become cake-celibate.

go ahead and make fun of my Post Traumatic Cake Syndrome why don't you *stomps off in cakeless huff*

go ahead and make fun of my Post Traumatic Cake Syndrome why don't you *stomps off in cakeless huff*

Hmm. Post Traumatic Cake Syndrome -- PTKS -- pattycakes. :lol:

Now this thread has become totally decerebrate.

i think everyone who likes cake is a cake slut. and everyone who doesn't like cake is repressed and in denial.

Damn fence-sitting cake agnostics. :P

Stormy Wether

because you like cake sluts, and people who are repressed and in cake denial?

There's definitely something Freudian there. However, the couch is currently covered in cake crumbs and frosting so we can't make P lie down on it.

There's definitely something Freudian there. However, the couch is currently covered in cake crumbs and frosting so we can't make P lie down on it.

But who is to say that he wouldn't like being covered in cake crumbs and frosting ?

Archived