Photo

Is there a connection between asexuality...

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Is there a connection between asexuality... (57 member(s) have cast votes)

So?

1. Yes, of course (19 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No, of course not (12 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. I don't know (18 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

4. Stop this s--t right now (8 votes [14.04%])

Percentage of vote: 14.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sally

Sally

Space Ace

• AVEN Members
  • 23,223 posts
  • A/Sexuality:old asexual

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:46 AM

This will hopefully take care of any and all future questions we have.

But no, it won't. No. :rolleyes:

I don't do PMs -- everything I want to say is in my posts where everyone can read them.    ;) 

#2 under_the_radar

under_the_radar

Mitosis to the Max

• AVEN Members
  • 381 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual Heteromantic (and married)

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:01 AM

lulz
"I'm talking people about the same old game, they're running them numbers and the winners never change. The dice is loaded and the deck is stacked, the game itself will hold you back. Check out your mind and don't be blind to the numbers game."-Thievery Corporation

Posted Image

#3 Oro

Oro

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:04 AM

*snickers* Well done there. :)
My art blog, The Attic Artist: http://atticartist.blogspot.com

#4 Stormy Wether

Stormy Wether

Asexy Samurai

• AVEN Members
  • 973 posts
  • A/Sexuality:AA (probably)

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:07 AM

I dunno about everything but there does seem to be a correlation between asexuality and poll starting. I'm tempted to start a poll about it, but I'd probably be told to go and poll myself (and come to think about it, that's even more ace).
I like short posts. I have a short attention sp... oh look, a butterfly.
pronouns: "it" or "the fluffy thing in the corner"

#5 ~Salem~

~Salem~

Asexy A-postle

• AVEN Members
  • 517 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Pandemic Asexual at your service!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:14 AM

I have a theory. At some point in our lives at young, young ages, we asexuals were introduced to something. Something that would change our lives forever. For some it is a traumatizing experience, others might find enjoyment in it. But for us, the asexuals of the world, we enjoyed it. And what did we enjoy? Cake. Cake? Yes, that's right. Cake. Maybe it happened on our first birthday, maybe it happened before that, maybe it happened afterwards. But either way we were introduced to cake. Most people enjoy cake every once in a while and then move on with their lives. But not us, no not us. We became obsessed with cake. It became our lives! Constantly, all we could do was eat, sleep, breathe cake. Oh so glorious CAKE! As we got older the obsession continued. While most boys, girls, and children of the world became interested in another person, began thinking sexual thoughts, wanting to preform sexual activities on another person, we asexuals we different. We didn't want sex. We couldn't think about sex. We couldn't think all these thoughts that the other children were thinking. Why? Because we were still obsessed with cake. Then, as teenagers, while other teenagers of the world were getting each other pregnant, we asexuals were not. Why? Because we were STILL focused on cake. The thought of sex was absurd. Because, as we all know, cake is better than sex. Who needs to procreate with another person when you can bake a cake right in the safety of your home without having to worry about STDs. So, in response to your question, yes. I do think that there's a link between asexualtiy and something. And that something is cake. This post was meant to be funny and was not serious in any way. Please no one take me seriously on this

#6 CBC.Radio.Girl

CBC.Radio.Girl

Resident batshit crazy tea addict.

• AVEN Members
  • 14,323 posts
  • Location:Drinking a cup of Nambarrie tea and pretending I'm in Belfast.
  • A/Sexuality:Bi/pan/whatever-romantic and not a very sexual person.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:38 AM

oh noes... i only sort of like cake, a little bit. :(

heyyy... wait a minute! that must be why i'm more towards the demi end of things instead of being fully asexual. :rolleyes: omg, i think you're really onto something! :P
you always know just who you are
you never needed someone else
to realise yourself

Posted Image

#7 Stormy Wether

Stormy Wether

Asexy Samurai

• AVEN Members
  • 973 posts
  • A/Sexuality:AA (probably)

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:28 AM

heyyy... wait a minute! that must be why i'm more towards the demi end of things instead of being fully asexual. :rolleyes: omg, i think you're really onto something! :P

oh dear *cowers in shame at own inadequacy as revealed by signature*

Does it help that I really, really love tea?
I like short posts. I have a short attention sp... oh look, a butterfly.
pronouns: "it" or "the fluffy thing in the corner"

#8 ily

ily

A-Grade AVENite

• AVEN Members
  • 4,704 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:52 AM

It's a hard battle you wage, Sally. ;) :cake:

asexy beast, the blog (archives)

adventures in unemployment, the zine

"I was chaste to the point of rudeness."--Hippolytus

#9 Finbarr

Finbarr

Amoeba

• AVEN Members
  • 58 posts
  • A/Sexuality:asexual, aromantic

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:02 AM

oh dear *cowers in shame at own inadequacy as revealed by signature*

Does it help that I really, really love tea?

I'm not a big fan of cake either, but I can go through a box of teabags pretty quickly. :D

#10 Vampireseal

Vampireseal

The Atrix Has You

• AVEN Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • A/Sexuality:asexual

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:05 AM

I continue to defend my theory that asexuality is connected to the trifecta of Star Trek-Anime-Kitties. I'm just not sure how. It may be a feline plot. Don't let your kitty read this. Burn this post after reading.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#11 NŠt.

NŠt.

Avengelical Prophet

• Validating
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:50 AM

Is there a connection between Asexuality and making threads asking if there's a connection between Asexuality and arbitrary characteristics?

"[T]he future isn't a boot stamping on a human face, forever. It's a person in a beige business outfit advocating beige policies that nobody wants (but nobody can quite articulate a coherent alternative to) with a false mandate obtained by performing rituals of representative democracy that offer as much actual choice as a Stalinist one-party state. And resistance is futile, because if you succeed in overthrowing the beige dictatorship, you will become that which you opposed."

--Charlie Stross

"Remember to stay hydrated."

--Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect

#12 prettyeyes

prettyeyes

AVENistor

• AVEN Members
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:55 AM

Well, as a small child I was always obsessed with cake from a young age... Omg... I feel like I'm getting somewhere...

:lol:

#13 mimi212

mimi212

Asexy

• AVEN Members
  • 421 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:00 AM

My first birthday cake turned me asexual :lol:

#14 Sally

Sally

Space Ace

• AVEN Members
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

Look what I have for you, CBC.

Posted Image

Someone should post a poll about marijuana threads being correlated with demi-asexuality.

I don't do PMs -- everything I want to say is in my posts where everyone can read them.    ;) 

#15 Sally

Sally

Space Ace

• AVEN Members
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:16 AM

I figure if you can't win, you can at least be sarcastic. ^_^

#16 CBC.Radio.Girl

CBC.Radio.Girl

Resident batshit crazy tea addict.

• AVEN Members
  • 14,323 posts
  • Location:Drinking a cup of Nambarrie tea and pretending I'm in Belfast.
  • A/Sexuality:Bi/pan/whatever-romantic and not a very sexual person.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:20 AM

Look what I have for you, CBC.

Posted Image

Someone should post a poll about marijuana threads being correlated with demi-asexuality.

:D

holy crap, that's an amazing cake! i'm so touched. ^_^

and wow, i think you might actually be onto something there! :rolleyes:

I figure if you can't win, you can at least be sarcastic. ^_^

haha, that sounds like an excellent general life philosophy to me. :P
you always know just who you are
you never needed someone else
to realise yourself

Posted Image

#17 Sally

Sally

Space Ace

• AVEN Members
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:22 AM

We didn't want sex. We couldn't think about sex.

And even when some of us had sex with importunate sexuals, and even procreated, we were always thinking about CAKE. Victorian English females thought about England; we thought about CAKE. Which was the only way we got through...what we went through. Lots of cake.

I'm happy to see the poll results are currently in favor of "Yes, of course", which proves the astounding circumlocuitiveness of asexual minds. Or something.

#18 NigelFt

NigelFt

AVENger

• AVEN Members
  • 3,414 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Not sure ...

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

I continue to defend my theory that asexuality is connected to the trifecta of Star Trek-Anime-Kitties. I'm just not sure how. It may be a feline plot. Don't let your kitty read this. Burn this post after reading.

You forgot Dr.Who ...so by rights, it is a quadfecta.
Posted Image

Per Ardua ad Astra

#19 C M

C M

A-gent

• AVEN Members
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

Funny though.

Posted Image

"There's more to life than books, you know,
but not much more."

#20 metonym

metonym

Amoeba

• AVEN Members
  • 59 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Romantic/asethetic ace

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

I never got the cake bit, is this a crack at people's weight? Anyway, not everything is connected to sexual orientation or lack of it.

#21 La Diablesse

La Diablesse

The Atrix Has You

• AVEN Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Grey romantic Asexual

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

I have a theory. At some point in our lives at young, young ages, we asexuals were introduced to something. Something that would change our lives forever. For some it is a traumatizing experience, others might find enjoyment in it. But for us, the asexuals of the world, we enjoyed it. And what did we enjoy? Cake. Cake? Yes, that's right. Cake. Maybe it happened on our first birthday, maybe it happened before that, maybe it happened afterwards. But either way we were introduced to cake. Most people enjoy cake every once in a while and then move on with their lives. But not us, no not us. We became obsessed with cake. It became our lives! Constantly, all we could do was eat, sleep, breathe cake. Oh so glorious CAKE! As we got older the obsession continued. While most boys, girls, and children of the world became interested in another person, began thinking sexual thoughts, wanting to preform sexual activities on another person, we asexuals we different. We didn't want sex. We couldn't think about sex. We couldn't think all these thoughts that the other children were thinking. Why? Because we were still obsessed with cake. Then, as teenagers, while other teenagers of the world were getting each other pregnant, we asexuals were not. Why? Because we were STILL focused on cake. The thought of sex was absurd. Because, as we all know, cake is better than sex. Who needs to procreate with another person when you can bake a cake right in the safety of your home without having to worry about STDs. So, in response to your question, yes. I do think that there's a link between asexualtiy and something. And that something is cake. This post was meant to be funny and was not serious in any way. Please no one take me seriously on this

So the cake got a brain and masterminded that all it's subordinates enslave the minds of asexuals / potential asexuals O_O ...........Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Sally

Sally

Space Ace

• AVEN Members
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

I never got the cake bit, is this a crack at people's weight?

Nope. Cake's the answer to "What's better than sex?" Tea or pie or just about anything may be substituted for cake.

Anyway, not everything is connected to sexual orientation or lack of it.

Indeed! :D

#23 Haunted Trolley

Haunted Trolley

A-Grade AVENite

• AVEN Members
  • 4,930 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic-Asexual

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:27 PM

For now, I don't really think there is any correlation between asexuality and anything else that I can think of. I have asperger's syndrome, as I have mentioned several times here on this forum, but for the time being, I highly doubt that there is any connection between that and my asexuality. But I will keep my mind open to any possibilities of correlation out there. Only time will tell if there is, in fact any such correlation or lack thereof....
You say it is what I think - I say it is what I know

You say it is what I choose - I say it is who I am

You say it is a matter of opinion - I say it is a matter of knowledge

#24 asexual cake

asexual cake

AVENator

• AVEN Members
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

Only for the young ones.

#25 Sally

Sally

Space Ace

• AVEN Members
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

Only for the young ones.

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, Pug! (waits for firestorm)

#26 asexual cake

asexual cake

AVENator

• AVEN Members
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

Only for the young ones.

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! (waits for firestorm)

Here, join me in my bunker.

#27 Siggy

Siggy

Asexy Samurai

• AVEN Members
  • 980 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Gay Gray-A

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

I just feel like everyone on both sides of the issue is just so arrogant, certain, and arrogantly certain. People on one side say, "There must be a connection!" and the other side says, "What. Don't be silly." Extremists, all of you!

You're just trying to be superior to everyone else with your so-called "tentative conclusions". Well I'm better than that! I don't know whether there is a connection, and you don't either! It's possible that eating cake has nothing to do with asexuality, but it's also possible that it does! Ooooopen your miiiiind!!!!! :o

(lol jk)

My blog's LGBTA section
A blog going beyond ace-101: The Asexual Agenda
Do you like blogging or writing? Submit a piece to the Carnival of Aces this month.

#28 GirlInside

GirlInside

The Atrix Has You

• AVEN Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • A/Sexuality:aromantic

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

I think there's a connection between asexuality and not experiencing sexual attraction, but the data are inconclusive. :P

#29 bristrek

bristrek

A-gent

• AVEN Members
  • 1,643 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Demi-panromantic Asexual

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:00 PM

I denounce you all as heathens! The true connection is 42!

At some point in our lives, we were exposed to the number 42 in such a way, time after time until BAM! You're Asexual.

And the most asexual of us all saw the number 42 represented in cake, some how.

This is the one true way. All others are LIES! :evil:

INTERNET ERGO SUM

#30 areece

areece

Amoeba

• AVEN Members
  • 60 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Hetero-romantic asexual

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

I denounce you all as heathens! The true connection is 42!

At some point in our lives, we were exposed to the number 42 in such a way, time after time until BAM! You're Asexual.

And the most asexual of us all saw the number 42 represented in cake, some how.

This is the one true way. All others are LIES! :evil:

I knew the seven-times table would get me in the end!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users