Homo/Bi/Panromantic Asexuals...

Madster

ThisIsAnInactiveAccount

*looks at previous and current crushes on Wil Wheaton, Eddie Izzard, Ellen Page, and Sherlock Holmes (shut it, he's real in my mind!)*

Yep, Panromantic reporting for duty, Kapten!

*looks at previous and current crushes on Wil Wheaton, Eddie Izzard, Ellen Page, and Sherlock Holmes (shut it, he's real in my mind!)*

W-would you be talking about SH the concept, Robert Downey Jr, Benedict Cumberbach or another one?

Because I've been looking for an opportunity to shove this down AVEN's collective throats :wub:

ThisIsAnInactiveAccount

W-would you be talking about SH the concept, Robert Downey Jr, Benedict Cumberbach or another one?

Because I've been looking for an opportunity to shove this down AVEN's collective throats :wub:

I'm talking about Sherlock Holmes, the concept. I read the books, so any incarnation of him, really. (BBC, 2009 Movie, Granada Series, etc.) XD Each interpretation has their merits.

I love the video, by the way. Lady Gaga and BBC Sherlock? I'm completely enamored.

I'm 90% Homoromantic, 10% biromantic, which rounds too... homoromantic.

This is all in logical theory of course! 8)

Questions for fellow panromantics:

Does either gender have a particular aesthetic appeal to you?

Do you dress in a distinctive manner?

Do you date the opposite gender far more often than your own?

Bi-romantic female. Though I have dated guys, I find I am more romantically attracted to the same gender. :cake:

Valentine--i think those are all quite good questions, with potentially interesting answers. perhaps you ought to start a thread devoted specifically to them; they would get higher visibility that way then posting them so far into this thread, when some of people who've already posted here might not be checking back.

Gho St Ory Qwan

Valentine--i think those are all quite good questions, with potentially interesting answers. perhaps you ought to start a thread devoted specifically to them; they would get higher visibility that way then posting them so far into this thread, when some of people who've already posted here might not be checking back.

Agreed. i'd like to answer this but think it'd be good to in a place devoted to observing the trends, if any, with other aseuxals myself. Let us know if you do post it. =] I'll keep my eyes open.

Gho St Ory Qwan

Posted.

=]

I clicked your valentine in your siggy as a reward :P

I seem to swing between aromantic, panromantic and homoromantic. I've been panromantic most lately, leaning towards homoromantic.

Curious Clockwork

Preeetty sure I'm biromantic. So far I've only ever found either boys or girls interesting romantically. But you never know eh? Well, it's not like I've even been attracted to many people either. I can count on one hand the number of people I've had crushes on.

I clicked your valentine in your siggy as a reward :P

Valentine is a big wolfy now.

What are those? I've seen two or three of them around on here.

I find myself aesthetically attracted to both genders pretty much equally- and of course, people who look like they fall out of the gender binary are found pretty, too.

Although my wardrobe is very female, (I'll get back to you on the whole gender-in-relation-to-me thing), I collect very androgynous clothes and when I move to college I'll be able to indulge this a lot more.

Hmm, I can't really answer this one due to lack of experience. What I can say is that in my romantic fantasies, guys tend to feature a bit more prominently (in a 'question mark for face' way), but I'm not sure whether or not this is due to society's pressures. Plus, I spend most of my time in a very homosocial environment, and this is why I think most of my IRL meta-romantic-crushes are on girls, as they make up more of the people I'm 'exposed' to.

That sounds weird, now I think about it...

Pretty!!

Actually, I don't really belong here. Or maybe I do. I alternate between feeling aromantic and panromantic depending on the day and the mood. Been swinging more and more towards aromantic, though, which suggests that my brain is settling down and realizing what it wants.

But oh well. Any opportunity to squee over Benedict Cumberbatch will not be wasted even if it is in a thread in which I probably should not be posting. Good Lord does the man have a gorgeous coat. And his haircut! And his voice! -happy sigh-

Plus, I spend most of my time in a very homosocial environment, and this is why I think most of my IRL meta-romantic-crushes are on girls, as they make up more of the people I'm 'exposed' to.

Eek, being anything other than completely heterosexual in an all-girls' school (which, if I read your post properly, might be where you are) really isn't much fun at times. At least it sounds as if you'll be getting away from there soon.

My crushes usually (but not exclusivelly) tend towards women or gay men, thus until recently I considered myself homoromantic but since I started to define myself as genderless the term "homo" just doesnt fit any more.

So maybe panromantic , still I am not sure that is also correct. There are certain types of people for ex. "macho" men which simply dont attract my attentions at all at any level (neither aesthetic nor intellectually).

Maybe you could help me here.

Gho St Ory Qwan

My crushes usually (but not exclusivelly) tend towards women or gay men, thus until recently I considered myself homoromantic but since I started to define myself as genderless the term "homo" just doesnt fit any more.

So maybe panromantic , still I am not sure that is also correct. There are certain types of people for ex. "macho" men which simply dont attract my attentions at all at any level (neither aesthetic nor intellectually).

I'm (probably horribly wrongly) inclined to believe everyone is panromantic myself. It's highly possible due to my recent interrogations of friends and family. People superficially are a certain sexuality, but probed further they tend to be ok with deviations from that considering special circumstances. I still see special circumstances as valid, so... I'd be inclined to suggest you were panromantic.

I too find it easier to adopt that identity because I'm not bound to gender binary, making everyone not the same or opposite gender or anything (unless I just consider sex which is necessary for some folk to explain; ie people who don't believe gender and sex is different). So even if I liked only one gender/sex, I couldn't say I were straight or gay unless I assumed the identity suggested by my physical sex.

Plus, I spend most of my time in a very homosocial environment, and this is why I think most of my IRL meta-romantic-crushes are on girls, as they make up more of the people I'm 'exposed' to.

Eek, being anything other than completely heterosexual in an all-girls' school (which, if I read your post properly, might be where you are) really isn't much fun at times. At least it sounds as if you'll be getting away from there soon.

Oh don't I know it! (You read that right, yeah.) Last AVED was a disaster- a massive, actual disaster. Though it's only 8 months until I leave! ^_^

Oh don't I know it! (You read that right, yeah.) Last AVED was a disaster- a massive, actual disaster. Though it's only 8 months until I leave! ^_^

...umm, what's an AVED? Is that yet another new psychological torture method they've come up with since I was at school?

I can relate to this, I define myself as Panromantic, but I am not sure how accurate this is as a label for myself considering that I am most definitely not attracted to macho type men... or macho type women either for that matter.

Gho St Ory Qwan

I can relate to this, I define myself as Panromantic, but I am not sure how accurate this is as a label for myself considering that I am most definitely not attracted to macho type men... or macho type women either for that matter.

meh thats just preference. I don't like macho's either. Thats not to do with sex or gender really is it?

meh thats just preference. I don't like macho's either. Thats not to do with sex or gender really is it?

Hmmm... I suppose it is not really gender related is it.

Archived