Asexuality Documentary Needs Your Support!

AVENguy

Hey Folks,

For the past three years, some friends of mine have been working on a documentary on asexuality. They've taken an in-depth, very respectful look at the topic, and it'll be the first feature-length movie on asexuality out there. Pretty exciting!

They need to raise $10,000 to edit the film, and they're using a site called "kickstarter" to raise it. Here's the deal: if they raise $10,000 by August 21 they have what they need and they make the movie, if they don't then they're back to square one and everyone who donated gets their money back. I thought I'd put out an appeal to everyone on AVEN to see if you're willing to help out. Even $15 or $25 would be a huge help:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1600445431/help-us-edit-our-asexuality-documentary

You can see an interview with the film's producers here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HotPiecesofAce#p/a/u/0/O621gsAB9_E

I really wish I could help out. :(

If I had a job I would donate, but at the moment I cant.

I have been hoping if that counts for anything, and advertising when I can.

NothingHere

You should have some kind of AVEN fundraiser or something. Like, put stuff in the webstore and redirect the money to this film, or something like that.

E-mailed Angela about donating (as a non-US resident, amazon payments hates me) and spammed my twitter feed! I can't believe they've got so far to go... :(

If everyone donated a dollar, we'd have enough?

Maybe?

If I had a job I would but I don't, and have no money. Really wish I did, and that I could.

Hopefully Bill Gates is secretly on here and donates a bit of his 'petty cash'.

E-mailed Angela about donating (as a non-US resident, amazon payments hates me) and spammed my twitter feed! I can't believe they've got so far to go... :(

Maybe?

Actually that is a good idea. I think if enough people donate what they can (I could do a $1 I think), they might get enough.

Maybe?

Actually that is a good idea. I think if enough people donate what they can (I could do a $1 I think), they might get enough.

Especially with the fact that AVEN has a huge member base!

I tried to donate $10 but my amazon account had my old debit card number and I accidentally continued without changing it, how can I change the card number so it'll be charged to my current card?

I tried to donate $10 but my amazon account had my old debit card number and I accidentally continued without changing it, how can I change the card number so it'll be charged to my current card?

Log onto amazon separately and manually change the details there. Then go back to the kickstarter page.

I went to my order history and nothing came up, and when I went to manage my pledge I couldn't change anything but the amount I was donating, so I just pledged more and then it let me change it to the right card number. Problem solved. :)

I just upped my pledge. I really want this movie to go through. If at all possible, I'd like to get it aired at my school within the LGBTQIA organization's movie series.

Hey I got this status update on facebook (I joined the page for the doc):

We have a funder who is matching all donations today so even the smallest donation matters today. Did I mention it's my birthday?

So today would be the best day to donate! Man I wish I had money.

They only have 10 days to raise the other half.

WünderBâhr

Man, I wish I had seen that facebook donation matching update. I haven't logged into my account for days!

I posted something about this on the asexuality LJ community (and hoped they didn't set mod-ly fire to me for posting something about donations/money, etc.). I think getting the word out to other communities would be a great way to help! At the moment (having the website on my screen in another tab), their current pledge count is at $8,573. That is a tremendous jump, even with the amount they have still to go to meet the goal. I think we can do it, and I fully support everyone (friends, family, loved ones, members) out there in raising awareness about it in other spaces on the web.

This is something tangible that we can have. This will be available as a resource with information that is honest, open and true to asexual people through their own words. Think about all the times that you've heard it said, "I thought I was the only one" or "I never realized that what I felt was normal." Think about the feelings that people express when they find places like AVEN, Apostivie, and more communities where they feel that they're no longer alone. Maybe this was you, at one point, or someone you cared about. Point is, we can make a huge difference in having an impact on visibility with this project. I think it's a great opportunity and worthy of participation.

I will be watching through countdown with great anticipation and hope. Much <3 for all my ace peeps!

~BB.

WünderBâhr

At the time I posted this in the community, the pledge count was a little over $8.5k. As of right now, they have exceeded their goal of $10,000 by $15! I am so proud of what people have been able to accomplish and thank each and every one who contributed to this. This validates for me what we can accomplish in such a short amount of time if our hearts and efforts are put forward and in the right place.

:cake: for all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!

I tossed in $50 more, just for good measure. That way, they can afford Timmy's while doing all the editing. :lol:

Archived