*QueerSecrets

+Lee

asexual cake
Dammit, I was JUST about to post that.

I ought to send you to Purgatory.

Ahahahaha.

You cannot beat me.

Except between the hours of midnight and nine in the morning or four in the afternoon on school days.

tumblr_l6wovobuKw1qcpj7wo1_500.png

(Then they should have included their email, since apparently Queer Secrets is the new asexual hangout 8) )

Queersecrets, my new addiction :wub: :lol:

Wait, didn't someone post a secret recently about how they loved AVEN? :blink: I think it's in this thread somewhere.

tumblr_l6zdufM6QI1qcpj7wo1_500.png

So this just happened.

I find this secret bizarre. My mind is boggled.

Me too, I re-bloged about it as well. >_<

that's so unfortunate, and it's painful that someone had that experience; but you know, you get out of something what you put into it. i know there have been a few people here over the past few months--not ones i've interacted with personally, but i remember reading their posts--who came in with a chip on their shoulder about one thing or another, got hurt and/or angry when people called them on it, and were either banned or voluntarily left in a huff. i have no way of knowing who posted that secret, but if it was one of those people, all i can do is shrug and wish them better luck elsewhere. i'm not sure they're going to find it, though.

i also think it's rather passive-aggressive to post a criticism like that as a secret rather than confronting the people who they felt were rude and snobby. but then that's just me.

tumblr_l6zfboiyWh1qcpj7wo1_400.png

that's so unfortunate, and it's painful that someone had that experience; but you know, you get out of something what you put into it. i know there have been a few people here over the past few months--not ones i've interacted with personally, but i remember reading their posts--who came in with a chip on their shoulder about one thing or another, got hurt and/or angry when people called them on it, and were either banned or voluntarily left in a huff. i have no way of knowing who posted that secret, but if it was one of those people, all i can do is shrug and wish them better luck elsewhere. i'm not sure they're going to find it, though.

i also think it's rather passive-aggressive to post a criticism like that as a secret rather than confronting the people who they felt were rude and snobby. but then that's just me.

I have to agree, but I didn't want to start a ruckus.

I have to agree, but I didn't want to start a ruckus.

ah, well. if there is a ruckus to be had, i don't mind being the one to start it.

*picks up chair and waves it threateningly at P*

By ruckus we do mean bar fight right?

If AVEN could post a queersecret it would say:

"Today a user was a total douche and the strong asexies of my community said: Would you please sit down and enjoy your cake?"

:cake:

this community rocks, no secret.

Anyone following queersecrets should also be following fuckyeahaces, but JUST IN CASE. Here's a rant that was sent in to queersecrets, but since it wasn't in the format of a secret, it was sent on over to fuckyeahaces.

tumblr_l6j63kdPYo1qb6re5o1_500.png

*picks up chair and waves it threateningly at P*

By ruckus we do mean bar fight right?

good lord, i hope so. if not i'll have to think twice about starting one. i've always wanted to smash a beer bottle against the bar and threaten somebody with the jagged glass. (don't worry, sassy, not you--we're on the same side.)

and fix, you made me laugh, which i needed. thanks.

asexual cake

If we're having a bar fight, I'll be quite put out if I don't get to participate. I've always wanted to punch someone in the face but have yet to find a situation where doing so would be (at least vaguely) appropriate.

golly, who knew we all had so much pent-up aggression? i've been walking around spoiling for a fight for years; the only thing that's kept me from it is that i didn't think anybody had my back.

God help us all now.

I love AVEN, but I also know other asexuals I respect who have had some pretty shitty experiences. Hell, I've come across some unpleasant things on the forums. I'm sorry that this person didn't feel comfortable here, and I'm sorry they felt the best way to address that was to post it as a secret rather than to create a larger thread to discuss the issue. (I'm conflicted on the issue of passive-aggressiveness--yeah, it seems very passive-aggressive to me, but on the other hand I've posted specifically about issues on the board that were making the board a space which was not at all safe for me, and I found that experience very, very stressful, in part because I do value this community. I can't really criticize someone for deciding that it's not worth it to post on the boards and yet still wanting to say something.)

I do agree with much of what Psmith said, though. I have also noted that a lot of the people I have seen angry about the culture of the board recently have held fairly antisexual views, and I can't say that I have any interest in making AVEN more safe for antisexuality. Quite the opposite.

Also, fix? Clustering around and talking about what a douche the person who posted that secret was? Not so much the best way to refute accusations of snobbery. Seriously.

Nelo: That was made of win. So much win. I actually do not spend much time on Tumblr at all, so I will probably toddle on over there later this evening.

I do agree with much of what Psmith said, though. I have also noted that a lot of the people I have seen angry about the culture of the board recently have held fairly antisexual views, and I can't say that I have any interest in making AVEN more safe for antisexuality. Quite the opposite.

i'd just like to take this opportunity to make clear to all and sundry that i believe some people have been confusing me with a couple of other AVENites. Euonym, formerly Psmith the AVENite, is someone wholly different to me, as is Pamcakes, who happens to sign posts with a P. i am honoured to be associated with either of them, as they are both fine and upstanding individuals whom i admire immensely; nevertheless, for their continued respectability, i feel it important to clarify that i am not them. God help them were they to be held responsible for all the foolish things i say. off topic, i realize, but still, i'm glad to have the opportunity to clarify things.

(and i agree with you absolutely on all points, Sciatrix. this is nothing new.)