Ever met anyone who's bi or pan romantic but just heterosexual or homosexual?

ravenna

Do you think it's possible(or have you known anyone like this, etc.) to be romantically attracted to both men and women but only sexually attracted to one of those genders?

Sorry if there are already topics about this...not sure if this is the right section either. I guess I kind of originally viewed it as being asexual in regard to one gender, lol, but then realized that that's just hetero/homosexuality. :blush:

Typical Power

For many sexuals, being "in love" results in "Making Love".

If a sexual person was romantically interested in someone, then usually they are also sexually attracted to them. There are examples of this not being true however, and you can find some on AVEN.

Yes, that is possible. Especially women are often heterosexual but bi- or even homo-romantic. (Men can be too, but it is less common.) But unlike "asexual" where romantic or not then has to be specified, heterosexual/homosexual/bisexual are used to include romantic orientation unless otherwise specified. Not sure why that is.

Also, I would assume that people can be homosexual and hetero-romantic as well, although I haven't specifically heard of that. Hope that answers your question.

Do you think it's possible(or have you known anyone like this, etc.) to be romantically attracted to both men and women but only sexually attracted to one of those genders?

I know someone who's the opposite of this, she's hetro-romantic, but bi-sexual, she always says that while she can have sex with another girl she could never date one, she would only date guys.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Yeah, I also know someone who is "the opposite" of what the OP is talking about; she's a homoromantic bisexual.

I had a therapist once who claimed that his gay male clients were exclusively sexually and romantically attracted to men whereas his lesbian clients often had some romantic attraction (crushes, he said) to men even though their sole sexual attraction was to women.

:huh:

I know a homoromantic bisexual, and I biromantic heterosexual. Humans are interesting creatures!

And for the last possible permutation of this, there was a queersecrets post recently that appears to have been written by a person who I think is a homosexual heteroromantic. (Could be vice versa; gender doesn't seem to be specified, but the use of "marry" makes me guess female.)

tumblr_l6pad7aiES1qcpj7wo1_500.jpg

I think I have met people like that. I actually have a theory that a significant portion of heterosexual men are secretly a little bit homoromantic because of the way some of them insist women are impossible to understand and go after women who act essentially like men. Unfortunately, this makes me their "dream girl." If I hear "You're perfect, you're like a female but not!" one more time I will just die laughing.

I think I have met people like that. I actually have a theory that a significant portion of heterosexual men are secretly a little bit homoromantic because of the way some of them insist women are impossible to understand and go after women who act essentially like men. Unfortunately, this makes me their "dream girl." If I hear "You're perfect, you're like a female but not!" one more time I will just die laughing.

I know how you feel, though I'm vice-versa. If one more girl offers to have my babies because I'm "hot" and I listen to them, I will die laughing quietly behind my hand.

If you hang out in the queer community, you will find them. Many of them, with different combinations. I can't even keep track.

But they don't actually identify that way. Many people have told me, privately, that they emotionally have more success with X gender(s) and sexually prefer Y gender(s). They may identify as bisexual, gay, or straight depending on how important they feel the different components are.

Archived