Asexual Flag - Round Three

bristrek

Okay, first of all the poll isn't on AVEN now. It's on a site separate from this, doesn't allow the view of results before voting or after voting and thus no peer pressure. Or reduced a much as possible. No need for an account either. The last vote and discussion, including links to the stuff before it, can be found here.

Poll Closing Date: Midnight Tuesday 10th August GMT (As in, the minute after Tuesday 23:59 GMT)ar

Votes allowed: 4

Spread the word! Post about it in non-AVEN places and let fellow AVENites know about it too.

From this point on I won't express an opinion on which flag I think is best other than casting my vote, which I've already done. Just that we all need to vote.

Notifications on sites that aren't the English AVEN

Dreamwidth

LiveJournal (Asexuality)

LiveJournal (Demisexuality)

Tumbler (fuckyeahaces)

Club-of-Aces (diviant Art)

Polish AVEN - At the bottom of this page, it isn't a new post so much as an addition to the old one. Thank you Bad Patient

German AVEN - seems you can only see it if you're logged in. Thank you ElectricSheepDreams.

French AVEN - thanks to Yanaki

Russian AVEN - thanks to Kerr

A. Belladonna did a translation into Italian here but for some reason the Italian AVEN doesn't seem to be working?

Yay! ^_^

I can't wait to see the results already. XD

Yay! ^_^

Nor can I! I only voted for three... Out of interest, does anyone know how many more 'rounds' there's going to be?

*feels important for lending an infinitesimal hand in shaping asexuality visibility history and celebrates with :cake: *

Yay! ^_^

Nor can I! I only voted for three... Out of interest, does anyone know how many more 'rounds' there's going to be?

*feels important for lending an infinitesimal hand in shaping asexuality visibility history and celebrates with :cake: *

I think this is it now, if not one more, but I think this will be it for the flags. Next will be color. (as in, hue).

If it's really definitive then this will be probably be the last one. If the margin between the lead and the second place flag isn't that high then another round. Sounds reasonable? Also a question to pose to the other communities and honestly, we need to spread this vote so far as we can. At least all the places that notice of the discussion was placed. Anybody know any non-English for the other AVENs?

Guest fridayoak

To be honest seeing as in two of the catergories the option with the highest votes was "Don't like any in this catergory" then I think it would have been wise to disregard the flags in these sections, and just had a straight run-off between 1A and I in the new flag3 lot. But nevermind.

To be honest seeing as in two of the catergories the option with the highest votes was "Don't like any in this catergory" then I think it would have been wise to disregard the flags in these sections, and just had a straight run-off between 1A and I in the new flag3 lot. But nevermind.

Could have done that, but it doesn't seem that fair, and a bit exclusive rather than inclusive. Still, they're all in one lump now and if one of the flags end up miles and miles ahead it'll win and if not final run off.

I've gone for 3 c

as I've said before..aven forums world wide when you look at thier icons etc most seem to have purple and a triangle within them

so the different shades..including the purple and triangle i think hits it on the button

the only problem I can see with survey monkey..is that you can vote as many times as you like unlike aven polls where one person one vote is the standard

It should be set so you can only vote once per person. Well, computer but it's as good as per account. It won't let me vote again (tried, just to test it and I can't get onto the poll itself).

Thank you for hosting this one off site. It allows a better voting demographic as well as eliminates the bias from seeing the results before voting.

I have submitted my vote, and in the interest of not biasing anyone, I shall not reveal which I voted for.

If you've posted notifications of this elsewhere, post it here and I'll put links them in the top post. Again, we need to spread the word.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Anybody know any non-English for the other AVENs?

I will hit up the Spanish and Korean AVENs (is there a Korean AVEN?) after work today.

Anybody know any non-English for the other AVENs?

I will hit up the Spanish and Korean AVENs (is there a Korean AVEN?) after work today.

I don't thiiink there's a Korean one. The bit towards the bottom of the main 'forum' page that has the different language forums lists them in their own languages. And granted I only know English but I can usually separate Korean from Chinese or Japanese and I don't think it's there.

The ones that I can tell are German, Polish, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, Turkish, Hebrew, Japanese and Chinese. I think one of them is Czech and another may be Russian. And I've no idea on the others. But no Korean, sadly.

If push comes to shove I know very very very little German and may have a go at it. But it'll be broken beyond belief. Only got a C in it at GCSE at that was years ago. Have put up a post on the Alternate Language Forums.

But thanks for the Spanish one and the offer for Korean.

ETA: It occurs to me, the poll itself would need translation too.

Bad Patient

I keep the Polish forum updated and post whenever a new round of voting starts.

Voted.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone keeping the french aven forums updated? I'll go check and if push comes to shove I could post this here.

Edit: Just checked and it doesn't look like there's any posts in regard to this poll. We're we in contact with the french forums when the flag voting started up at round one?

I don't think so. We tried to get various other language forums informed, and there was a post some time back when this started up asking for translators and it was offered but I can't find a link to it. And I don't know French so can't go looking for it.

But a post and translation of it there would be much appreciated. And a link to it if you do post it?

I don't think so. We tried to get various other language forums informed, and there was a post some time back when this started up asking for translators and it was offered but I can't find a link to it. And I don't know French so can't go looking for it.

But a post and translation of it there would be much appreciated. And a link to it if you do post it?

Sure. I'm just not quiet sure how to start. I've been going through the old flag threads trying to find a well worded description I could just directly translate but I could just ask for a clarification. In other words we wanted the flag to represent asexuality in visibility situations that the various asexual communities around the world could add their personal symbols to, correct?

I don't know how to translate the poll seeing as I already voted and can't get back in. It would be best to do it all at the same time to I can post a link up in the french forums to this discussion and the poll, opposed to not allowing people to vote due to the language barrier.

That's basically the idea of it, yeah. A flag that helps with visibility, can be taken on prides or used as a symbol in the way that the various other queer pride flags (rainbow, bi, trans, intersex) ones are. To use or not use as you want but have one flag that's us.

As for the questions:

1. Please choose four of the flags and no more...

And yes, the three 'none' options are there cause having only one throws the formatting off.

There are three 'none' options, igore the first two because they're just there for formatting reasons. The final one that says 'None (this is the 'none' that'll be counted)' is the one to actually click on if you don't like any of the flags.

2. Do you want a flag that could be used to represent asexuality?

Yes

No

3. If you answered 'No' then which of the following best fits you..

I answered 'yes'.

"I don't really want a flag for asexuality but I'm not against there being one either."

"I don't want one, don't think there should be one and feel actively against the idea."

Does that help?

OK got it. I'll start translating and post the links when it's all done.

I've been thinking about creating an account on the french forums just to practice french and now I finally have a reason to.

Edit: Done. Here's the link to all the actual information about the poll. I also posted a link to it in my introduction seeing as I thought the welcome forum would get a bit more traffic than the visibility forum.

I basically posted what you gave me and what I wanted to about the poll through google translator (seeing as I'm currently brain dead) and then fixed up the parts I didn't understand by changing them into what's probably a very basic version of french. Oh well, I never did claim to be francophone.

I'll keep you updated on what's happening over there.

corduroyjackalope

I can't wait til we have a flag! We'll actually be able to look at the flag and say "I voted for that!" This flag will represent asexuals for the rest of history and we have a hand in that! How many people can say they've voted on something like that? I'm more exited about this than any presidential election. They last for four years, eight at the most. This will be forever!

Ignore the question mark.

I might be tuning in late, but whenever you need something translated in Russian or Bulgarian, I might help. I haven't had the opportunity to speak Russian for quite a long time but as long as I have to write and not to talk, I'm on.

I might be tuning in late, but whenever you need something translated in Russian or Bulgarian, I might help. I haven't had the opportunity to speak Russian for quite a long time but as long as I have to write and not to talk, I'm on.

There isn't a Bulgarian AVEN, though if there are Bulgarian asexual hubs you know if it'd be great if you could tell them what's going on and give the links/details and translation of the poll. And no speaking required!

There is a Russian AVEN and if you could do the same there that'd be fantastic! Just link to to it here so I can put it at the top and keep track of it all.

Thanks so much for the offer!

And Yanagi, spotted your link to the French post, thanks so much for that!

Also, you*hear*but*do*you*listen, how goes the Spannish?

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

I voted! ^_^

Hi all

I am a member of "french aven forum" (sorry for my basic english)

i'm gonna here with the link of Shvaugn (i think here it's yanagi hum.. don't know why... ;-) )

I've posted a reaction. In french and in english but i don't know if shvaugn will pass another day so, i post here too.

it's just my opinion, not other frenches, i don't know but... i don't like this idea :s I'm sorry but i prefer to say that i think without lie :unsure:

In more, i don't like their flags. The colours don't seem good together. The draw (too classic, too "flag of a country or a pharmaceutical trademark"). For me, it would be important to use the letter "A", because in a lot of languages "asexual" keep the first letter of the word in translations. And when we talk about asexuality, we use the vocabulary "the A" and "the S". it's typical, and a symbol of us more that juste three colours posed in a rectangle. The triangle, it's just known by the A. Not the others. It's for visibility by others no ?

And, last point, why not try to be in the LGBT movement, to become LGBTA ? We have a lot of same wishes that them. A flag LGBT one side, a flag A the other side... it disturbs me.

I don't want to annoy you, i swear it, i just want to give my opinion out of language frontier. I don't know if another french post something here, but me i wanted do it. I hope you understand. :redface:

nice to meet you all :)

Archived