Can we teach people how to be happy without sex?

The A Life Team

22 members have voted

1. 1. Can we teach people how to be happy without sex?

• Yes. (Please elaborate)
    • No. (Please elaborate even more)
    • Other. (There should be no end to elaboration!)

JK = Just Kidding. Although I remembered that the 'r' is for resuscitation, I couldn't remember what the 'c' or 'p' stood for, so thanks for reminding me.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

JK = Just Kidding. Although I remembered that the 'r' is for resuscitation, I couldn't remember what the 'c' or 'p' stood for, so thanks for reminding me.

Off topic. I had to tell it, it was a mistake using that acronym instead of the completed phrase, as well as me, there are several non English speakers around. Talking about it, it cost me like 5 minutes to figure it out what does JK means :lol:

You just can't teach people to be happy. They have to learn for themselves.

I think saying sexuals can be happy without sex is kind of like saying people can be happy without food. It's a biological drive. Kind of hard to stamp those out by sheer willpower.

I think saying sexuals can be happy without sex is kind of like saying people can be happy without food. It's a biological drive. Kind of hard to stamp those out by sheer willpower.

I agree. But I suppose it's still possible for starving people to be happy. But why would we ever want to teach people to be happy without food unless circumstances necessitated it?

Sweet and Tender Hooligan

No.

Sure you can teach them nonsexual things that would make them happy, but there's no way to teach someone to just not want sex. Asexuality/celibacy are personal things. Perhaps conditioning at a young age might affect sexuality/sexual desires, but taking a fully developed person and telling them "hey- this sex thing is overrated, do x instead" won't work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

When I say "yes" I mean we can teach people that sex isn't the ONLY way to get happiness and/or that even if you consider it as so that it doesn't apply to everyone. And I mean lots of people already know this! just not a large percentage. And just like everything in human population, there will be variance, so we won't ever get 100% of people to think this. But I think progress is being made, and people CAN be taught if otherwise persuaded. Larger measures might have to be taken to get a significant change, though. Have a nice day!

• 2 months later...
Boo42069yomomma

Do I think we can? No. Do I think we should try? FUCK NO.

If it makes them happy, what's the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Society these days revolves so much around sex that I doubt things will ever change. According to most, a healthy amount of sex is what makes a happy relationship too. So with so many people promoting sex, and just being obsessed/addicted with it in general... yeah, I doubt a lot of people who arn't asexual could live without it.

• 4 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived