TransWhatevers of AVEN

I am wanting to try this at home. :P

I am not the only one. There are other videos with people performing it with their hands, as well as arms/legs/bellies, and even one done with a Rubik's Cube.

Anyway...

*searches for more Steampunk androgyny*

• Like 1

*likes all of the above*

I thought of posting that first pic.

My fave Daft Punk/Anime video is:

And yay, I have not heard that Eurythmics song in ages. :)

• Like 2

Annie Lennox! What an amazing voice she has! Here's one of my favorites of hers:

• Like 3

in the posting of songs, we have not yet posted la roux recently :( :( :( someone needs to act on this.

*looking forward to seeing la roux live in november*

the new album is brilliant

here is quote from la roux

“I don’t feel one thing or the other, I don’t feel man, I don’t feel woman – that’s where the androgyny comes from.

“I probably feel more feminine than I do masculine… but if people want to hold me up as a gay role model, absolutely, I’m proud to be that, but I don’t feel the need to say that I’m gay to do it.”

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/05/27/la-roux-i-dont-feel-man-or-woman-gay-or-straight/
  • Like 2

that is a good song by the flight facilities, thanks for posting :)

• Like 1

gosh, this has been turned into a music thread :D

i was looking for a song to post on grumps club of a particular icelandic lady i love.

this one came up as one from her new album (which i don't have yet. the two albums of hers i have are quite excellent as is her former band múm's albums). i am sure i also posted a song of hers in the non-anglophonic songs thread

her decription of it is

"Defining Gender"

Defining Gender is a dance between the male and the female in all of us. I´m very happy with the composition of the song. My vocal was a one take, just after finishing the lyrics. Sometimes, on the rare occasion this happens.

http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/features/articles/olof-arnalds-palme-stream-and-track-interview

and another song from the album is this

her description of this song is

"Han Grete"

A sweet tune about a woman, who as a child was thought to be a boy. It´s beautiful to know who you are and which sex you are attracted to at such a young age. And accordingly (following the assumptions of her school friends), she´s never worn a skirt in her life!

ok that is 3 songs of olof's i have posted today, so i won't post anymore

• Like 1

*also agrees with daveb*

I have just watched all ten episodes of Transparent on Amazon. I will give it a thumbs up for a somewhat positive portrayal of gender non-conformity.

The trans parent in question, Maura, is MtF and finally comes out and transitions at age 68 (the actor that plays her is 70). Her three kids are 30 something, and much of the story is about the rather selfish kids. The boy is a practicing heterosexual who seems to have had a lot of affairs, including with the family's female Rabbi. One daughter is feminine and bisexual. The other daughter is rather butch and could pass for a guy.

There are other trans characters in the show, including Davina, Maura's friend, who is played by Alexandra Billings, who in real life is trans.

One of the neighborhood cops is rather butch and I forget that she is a she unless she is speaking.

There are other issues in the series. Maura's ex-wife remarried and her husband has advanced Alzheimer's, at about the same stage as my mother.

A lot hits home. I look forward to the next season.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...