TransWhatevers of AVEN

Welcome, AnomalyEternal! Have some :cake:

You're right on time. :)

AnomalyEternal

Yay. Cake :D

I am today feeling proud of myself. I came out to my parents a few weeks ago and have now changed my Facebook gender. I'm a bit uncomfortable about what my friends will think if they see it, but it's better to be who I am, and I feel better knowing that I can reflect that now ^_^

It's also very nice to find a like-minded place full of awesome people. Hello awesome people :cake:

• Like 4

congrats anomalyeternal :)

and welcome. no one is late to this thread and you are more than welcome

• Like 2
AnomalyEternal

Actually, I was wondering if I could ask some advice from all you lovely people? I know I'm non-binary and currently identity as androgyne, but I'm really not sure. I usually just use genderqueer as a description instead of going into detail, but I'm still unsure. I am biologically female, but feel more male then female. Thing is, I still feel female at the same time, but I feel the two genders separately. Basically, I have two separate genders trapped inside the one body, I don't fluctuate between genders, I just always feel both of them. I've read a bit about Two-Spirits and the such, and I know that androgyne isn't the most accurate term I could use. Does anyone have any suggestions or helpful advice for me?

Thank you to anyone/everyone who helps me with this :cake:

I wish I had something to tell you. Maybe someone else will be able to be more helpful.

unfortunately, like daveb i can't help. sorry

I just came back from the movies, I watched a documentary titled "Fuoristrada", which is literally translated as "off-road (vehicle)". I hope the double meaning comes across in English too.

It's the story of Beatrice, formerly known as Pino, who now lives as a woman and keeps working in her car-repairing shop. She managed to marry her wife (IN ITALY!!!) because her documents still say she's a man, and they're raising her wife's son together.

It's a really sweet movie, you can't not cry by the end of it though.

p54uEFG.jpg

Beatrice, the director and producers were in the room, and stayed for Q&A after the screening :cake:

I've asked for contacts to show this in schools :)

• Like 3

thanks for posting. sounds interesting :)

i will be on the look out for it.

thanks for posting. sounds interesting :)

i will be on the look out for it.

It's the smallest production ever (3 people?), I don't think it'll ever be translated and distributed abroad, but I hope that you'll find an online version (with subtitles if needed). :cake:

It does sound sweet and the picture looks good.

Is the actor who plays Beatrice MtF (or MAAB)?

It does sound sweet and the picture looks good.

Is the actor who plays Beatrice MtF (or MAAB)?

Beatrice herself is in the movie, and her real family. She's on the left, in the pic above.

Beatrice went through hormonal therapy and top surgery, but decided not to go through genital surgery, she feels okay like this (plus in Italy it's really dangerous to go through that kind of surgery).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome, blu3s0ul! :cake:

Ith, that sounds like a real sweet movie.

We don't post like we used to.

*chirp chirp*

It's dead, Jim.

• Like 1
TheStarrySkai

^that looks awesome^

• Like 1

The more you know!

(actually, the person in the strip is the artist, so he is also a real-life human as well as a cartoon; urgh, pretzel logic)

exactly

doh!