TransWhatevers of AVEN

*looks around sheepishly and then clears throat*

Do you mind if I hang in here for a bit? I'm not really sure how I feel, I'm not even sure if the stress of RL isn't just driving me mad, but I feel like I need to be in here for a bit, and I can't really explain why (even to myself). I just need to (clichéd line coming up) "work through some stuff".

Thanks,

H xx

asexual cake

As Official Transyada Spokesperson (a position to which I have just appointed myself, as Percy just got a promotion and I feel that I deserve one as well for having suggested Finland to begin with and also because I am the one with the battle axe), I assure you, Heidi, that all are welcomed in the transyada thread, for we are defined by ambiguity and confusion, and thus are cast all across the great map of gender, from those teetering on the edge of belonging on one side or the other, those drowning in the deep sea between them, and still others who've given it all the finger and gone off to Mars to attend Pigfarts.*

*AVPM references? Anyone? No? Alright.

• Like 1
Percy McKean

Hey, Mars? Why didn't you say so? "Hand me a glass, let the butterbeer flow!"

Promotions...hmmm...I'd like to the Master of the Decorative Vegetables Especially Celery, and also the Keeper of the Hornpipe.

Lord Dandylion

I never ran off to Mars but I am often mistaken as having come from there. Does that count? :P

Awww, but celery is cool

200px-Fifth_Doctor.jpg

*slips away unnoticed*

Ah a compromise. I won't eat it, but as fashion foliage? I'll give it a go.

As Prior of the Knights of the Golden Realm,

For the motherland of Scotland,

I do declare war upon the Transyadas of AVEN.

~ Valentine, highest ambassador for the Transwhatevers of AVEN.

P.S. We have cannon.

asexual cake

When you say "for," do you mean in representation of or as an ambassador to? If it's the former, I must inform you that the Transwhatevers are the Transyadas, in the sense that they are named for the same group of people (and the latter is merely the superior of the two).

Unless you are referring to the Transyadas as a specific subset of the Transwhatevers? I'm afraid your statement was too ambiguous.

Lord Dandylion

Awww, but celery is cool

200px-Fifth_Doctor.jpg

*slips away unnoticed*

Haha, success!

Noooooooo, Valentine, noo! I'm so sad now.

Why can't we all work together?

I don't like choosing sides.

When you say "for," do you mean in representation of or as an ambassador to? If it's the former, I must inform you that the Transwhatevers are the Transyadas, in the sense that they are named for the same group of people (and the latter is merely the superior of the two).

Unless you are referring to the Transyadas as a specific subset of the Transwhatevers? I'm afraid your statement was too ambiguous.

America is a democratic republic, yet our major parties are Democrats and Republicans and they are opposites.

Transwhatevers would refer to anyone trans, whereas transyadas would refer only to those not otherwise explicitly stated (having their own thread.)

So, yes, option two.

Awww, but celery is cool

200px-Fifth_Doctor.jpg

*slips away unnoticed*

Haha, success!

Noooooooo, Valentine, noo! I'm so sad now.

Why can't we all work together?

I don't like choosing sides.

Competition drives the free markets and promotes growth.

asexual cake

America is a democratic republic, yet our major parties are Democrats and Republicans and they are opposites.

Transwhatevers would refer to anyone trans, whereas transyadas would refer only to those not otherwise explicitly stated (having their own thread.)

So, yes, option two.

Ah, but this thread was named for the "Transwhatevers" as not merely anyone who was trans, but those who were specifically not binary-identified transsexuals, to provide a thread for all three major subgroups of transfolk (transmen, transwomen/girls, and then the "others"), and then we later renamed them as transyadas.

P is for...

dear Pugnacioun--may i point out that ambiguity is in fact the hallmark of our merry band? under the circumstances, whether we agree with them or not, i believe it behooves us to offer Valentine amnesty.

this under no circumstances means i understand what the hell they're talking about. nevertheless. amnesty: i decree it, as self-imposed Dictator for Life of the Transyadas.

(yeah, i know what you're all thinking, and believe me, i would looooooove to see that coup.)

P.S. Valentine, i know this is personal. why don't you leave the others out of it and just go after me? you know i'm the one you want, pretty thing. hit me with your best shot.

Lord Dandylion
i decree it, as self-imposed Dictator for Life of the Transyadas.

Dicta-*splutters* What?! *stands up* A dictatorship?!?! I'm afraid that this is not the direction that we... I mean... You're just going to stand there and make yourself-

Ah well *sits back down* It's not like I really didn't expect this. *sips tea*

asexual cake
i decree it, as self-imposed Dictator for Life of the Transyadas.

Dicta-*splutters* What?! *stands up* A dictatorship?!?! I'm afraid that this is not the direction that we... I mean... You're just going to stand there and make yourself-

Ah well *sits back down* It's not like I really didn't expect this. *sips tea*

Hmm, I'd be entirely fine with a dictator so long as I get to stand at his right hand and look menacing. I trust P to be as benevolent a dictator as someone can really be.

... Eh, whatevs. As long as the first person to take over the world is someone interesting.

Lord Dandylion

As long as the dictator doesn't disrupt my life with harsh evil taxes and slavery and whatnot and I get plenty to eat... Oh, and cake.

Somehow, I should hope that P would improve our quality of life. I have no worries. Or should I?

hit me with your best shot (Pat Benatar)

Will this become our theme song? It could create quiet an impact as we come blazing over the hills with flaming cakes, teapots and pitchforks.

P is for...

Will this become our theme song? It could create quiet an impact as we come blazing over the hills with flaming cakes, teapots and pitchforks.

good lord, Yanagi, you've inspired me with that Vision Thing...

and to all the rest of you, i am a better ruler than any Democracy could provide. you're just gonna have to trust me on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTdMJuu9qYg&feature=related

Good to know P. I suppose now we're going to have to find some one in our army to take on the role of sound tech. May I volunteer?

good lord, Yanagi, you've inspired me with that Vision Thing...

and to all the rest of you, i am a better ruler than any Democracy could provide. you're just gonna have to trust me on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTdMJuu9qYg&feature=related

Really--"A better ruler than any democracy could provide." Ooh yeah, talk geometry and technical drawing to us. And do it nasty.

(Sorry, P, I just couldn't help myself, which happens a lot lately.)

I assure you, Heidi, that all are welcomed in the transyada thread, for we are defined by ambiguity and confusion, and thus are cast all across the great map of gender, from those teetering on the edge of belonging on one side or the other, those drowning in the deep sea between them, and still others who've given it all the finger and gone off to Mars to attend Pigfarts.*

*AVPM references? Anyone? No? Alright.

Yay thank you!
P is for...

Really--"A better ruler than any democracy could provide." Ooh yeah, talk geometry and technical drawing to us. And do it nasty.

ooh, you like that, do you, dally? then how's this?

sextant.

t-square.

protractor.

yes, i have a filthy mouth. go ahead and wash it out with soap.

yeah. fine. back to your regularly scheduled programming, folks. i've hijacked these airwaves long enough tonight. sayonara.

sextant.

t-square.

protractor.

yeah. fine. back to your regularly scheduled programming, folks. i've hijacked these airwaves long enough tonight. sayonara.

Oh, how scandalously asexy! *faints*

Oh gawd, PrettyEyes has fainted and I seem to be the only one up.

What do I do now?

H xx

sextant.

t-square.

protractor.

You tease. You come in with your pencil case set, show us just a little bit of asexy angular plastic to get us all hot 'n' bothered, and then you prance off to read a Pythagoras' theorem before bedtime. There's a name for people like you--and it's written for all to see in the new edition of the Staples catalogue, page 89.

For those of us that don't have said catalogue, could you enlighten us please?

H xx

For those of us that don't have said catalogue, could you enlighten us please?

H xx

A copy is on the way to you; brown paper wrapper, of course. It'll frizz your hair.

Thanks Muchly.

(And in case I can't post again, I'm about to head off on my hols - so I'll be with you next weekend.)