TransWhatevers of AVEN

I started the Transmen of Aven thread, then the TransGirls got a thread, and now I thought: What about the rest of us?

If you wish to share, what are you and what is something important that made you realize you are outside the binary (or in-between, or an odd mix)?

Added by Mod:

This thread is now over 150 pages long and it was agreed that an index of some sort was needed.

So, here it is.

Edited by Nalle Neversure
Added the link to index
  • Like 10

Haha, did you read my suggestion in the Tgirl thread? :rolleyes:

But um, would you like the ladies to answer in here or in our thread that Typical Power made? You said you would eventually ask for our experiences, but you didn't specify where.

• Like 3
Percy McKean

I feel included now. Hurrah!

I actually don't identify as trans, because right now I am still questioning my gender identity. To me, trans implies that at some point a person is going to transition to something else, and until I know whether or not I want to do that, I can't really say "Oh yes, I'm a transperson." Instead, I find it easiest to identify as androgynous/neutrois (depending on whether the person I'm talking to knows what neutrois is, and if I feel like explaining it). I've always figured I was different, but I couldn't put a name to the feeling until I joined AVEN and saw other people using new terms I'd never seen before. Once someone explained it to me, I was like "That's me! Why the hell didn't I figure it out before?!" So now I live within the binary when I have to for work, and the rest of the time (and always in my head no matter where I am) my gender is like Gonzo; whatever.

Obviously I know that there are some transpeople who do not go through transition. It's just how I keep the terms organized in my head. Apologies to anyone if I've offended you, it was unintentional!

Edited by Percy McKean
  • Like 9
P is for...

i consider myself in the binary; i just can't choose a side. i'm not genderless, that's for damned sure; if anything i've got more gender going on than i can comfortably handle. i am identifying as an androgyne for the moment because it suits me and i like it better than "genderqueer" which just doesn't really say anything to me. i understand the etymology of "androgyne" and i like it because it's split down the middle between masculine and feminine, which is how i feel a lot of the time--mostly masculine but with this annoying femininity that both irks me and compels me. transitioning wouldn't get rid of that and it would make it harder to access in some ways so i don't even really consider it an option at this point, although aspects of partial transition do appeal to me.

like Percy, for a long time i didn't think of myself as trans because i thought that necessarily implied someone who planned to transition. i have been assured by quite a few people now that this is not the case, that trans can be applied to anyone with gender variance, so i am comfortable with calling myself that now. in fact, it's a relief. if i couldn't be either trans or cis, i'm not sure what the hell i would be, and that would make things even more confusing than they are already.

i said something recently to Serafine about "ladies and gentlemen and what have you"; i am content to be a what-have-you. i think we serve a purpose. for my next trick, i will attempt to figure out exactly what that purpose is.

i'll keep you posted.

• Like 7
Percy McKean

Unlike Percy, I use trans regardless of whether you'll transition, though yadatheir reasons for doing so make sense enough to me

Whew, this almost became the TransYadas of AVEN thread...

• Like 1
P is for...

hmmm... i seem to know just about everyone here... hello, fellow P-people...

(although i'm kinda likin' TransYadas now...)

• Like 1
P is for...

i know; sorry about that. but see, this takes no effort. do you have any idea how much energy goes into planning a successful P-Pocalypse?! it's outrageous.

• Like 1
Percy McKean

It's my charm and magnetism that does it. It's not like we have anything else in common.

Oh wait a second...

• Like 1
P is for...

yes, Percy, you are the glue that holds us together. the sticky sticky glue. ooooh, i want to peel you now... (Pugnacioun knows what i'm talking about.)

isn't this cosy? we've got our own thread! hooray!

asexual cake

yes, Percy, you are the glue that holds us together. the sticky sticky glue. ooooh, i want to peel you now... (Pugnacioun knows what i'm talking about.)

Do I? It may be the hour, but nothing is springing to mind...

And I'll go and put the kettle on. I'm assuming earl grey is fine with everyone.

Typical Power

Personally, I very well could be Neutrois, or Agendered, or something like that.

But I haven't tried out being a girl long enough to really decide, hehe.

• Like 2
P is for...

And I'll go and put the kettle on. I'm assuming earl grey is fine with everyone.

oh, i was just referring to the Weird Little Things thread where i thought i remembered we both had both had childhood glue fetishes. i might be mistaken. it's been known to happen.

oh, i was just referring to the Weird Little Things thread where i thought i remembered we both had both had childhood glue fetishes. i might be mistaken. it's been known to happen.

Okay, this is seriously weirding me out. There seems to be a link between childhood glue fascinations, androgyny, and the letter P...

It's a conspiracy!

Typical Power

Okay, this is seriously weirding me out. There seems to be a link between childhood glue fascinations, androgyny, and the letter P...

It's a conspiracy!

Preposterous!

• Like 1

Oh, I decided to join AVEN at a good time. TransWhatever? Good for me. I've been identifying as agender since I've heard of it through the Asexy LJ comm, though only recently (years later) did I decide to look into gender stuff again and wow there are a lot of new terms. Genderqueer is an interesting one, I like it well enough. Androgyne is good as long as it is differentiated from the fashion/style/look (though I do quite like the look of aforementioned androgynous style). Whatever the label though, I don't think of myself as either gender.

Surgery and hormones look appealing in some ways, and not in others. For now I will bond with my first binder I bought the other day and not worry too much about the future.

So... yo.

• Like 1

hm

I am so happy I can identify as genderless because in all other sides of life I stand on both sides and are contrasting myself so wow! This is the one thing where I've found some sort of middle (though I've got this weird thought of being a MtF sometimes but who really cares :lol: )

I'm not willing to have myself a clear cut definition, but will happily sit in the whatever camp with a late request for English Breakfast tea. Ta.

P is for...

all are welcome with the Whatevers, C M; your English Breakfast is mashing as we speak.

nelo? sips? any tea preferences? i'm sticking to chamomile myself this evening or i'll never get a wink of sleep.

• Like 1

i consider myself in the binary; i just can't choose a side.

:) That's awesome.

• Like 1
Basil the Tired Aesthete

Dear all,

I am most happy referring to myself as an Androgyne on the gender spectrum, but then I don't believe that my personal or behavioural qualities can be easily labelled as being 'masculine' or 'feminine' in any way, so I am happy to identify as being Agender as well. I tend towards a more masculine expression in my appearance, but that's about the only distinction I can make off the top of my head.

Is breakfast still going? I don't suppose there's a bag of Darjeeling floating around...?

Basil.

all are welcome with the Whatevers, C M; your English Breakfast is mashing as we speak.

nelo? sips? any tea preferences? i'm sticking to chamomile myself this evening or i'll never get a wink of sleep.

I love caffee with cocoa-and-chilli from Santa Maria that's wonderful! (but I have used all my cocoa and chilli so I'm really at loss :mellow:

KieranTheWerewolf42

I always knew I didn't have a gender, but my ah-ha moment came at puberty. I never wanted it to happen, and I still wish it would reverse itself. I made a huge scene when I got my first bra saying that "those things itch, and I don't want boobs so why do I need one?" I was only met with the "you're a girl and this is what we do response from my mother", and I realized that being a girl just wasn't me but I didn't want to be a guy either, just myself. I was just forced to be a girl, and I didn't know the words to express what I was feeling until a few months ago.

On another note, I love Earl Grey and peeling glue.

I used to always get in trouble at Scouts for peeling the glue off my hands instead of doing my assigned task. Of course I was only a Girl Scout for a week, before joining the community basketball team.

• Like 2
Professor T. Pollution

As usual, I am (beyond fashionably) late to the party. Why does this always happen? *grumble*

If there's any tea left, I'll be a rebel and go for Irish Breakfast Tea. Strong, dark, and hot, please. (Or possibly ginger-lemon; my throat is killing me.)

In any case, I tend towards identifying as masculine genderless, but I can't stand being percieved as female and I loathe having a noticeably female body, so I absolutely plan to go through physical transition (hormones, check; top surgery, hopefully within the next batch of years). I already live as a male, though my closest friends refer to me by gender-neutral pronouns.

And...I also like glue. I mean, it peels! In layers! And I can see my fingerprints in the glue-scraps! And it smells positively edible, too...

*pops in*

Oh hey.

I have no idea what I identify as at the moment. :v

And I'll have coffee.

• Like 5