TransWhatevers of AVEN

Hmm... maybe we could start a casual fb group for those of us who are comfortable with it, knowing that most of our conversations will remain here in the forum. I know I'd enjoy being a little more connected with you all IRL ... even if virtually. 

• Like 3
ChillaKilla

Okay you're all just asking for me to indulge my inner narcissist at this point :P 

2q3rtco.jpg

52x9a0.jpg

24xj9d2.jpg

35jffoh.jpg

I'm such a photo hoe :ph34r::P 

• Like 10
butterflydreams
28 minutes ago, Ix Phoen said:

Hmm... maybe we could start a casual fb group for those of us who are comfortable with it, knowing that most of our conversations will remain here in the forum. I know I'd enjoy being a little more connected with you all IRL ... even if virtually. 

I'm totally on board for this. Keep me posted?

Since a few of us have had some rough times recently, I thought I'd record this just now, just to share with you all here. There's a pretty large vernal pool that forms in the spring in my neighbors' field right next to my apartment. This is all I hear at night for weeks. I find it to be peaceful, centering and relaxing, and I hope others here can hear it and feel the same.

Spoiler

• Like 8
Gentle Giant

@ChillaKilla I'm sorry you have been having some trouble lately with Aven posters and people offline. Please don't let them get you down. I'm glad you aren't leaving over it. We would all miss you!

• Like 6
ChillaKilla

One of my favorite things about AVEN is that I can post photos of myself and have a realistic expectation that nobody is going to send me creepy or flirty PMs about it :P 

• Like 5
Mezzo Forte

Just going to say real quick that you are all wonderful people and I appreciate everything you've not only done for me, but have done for each other creating such a supportive space in this little corner of the web. :)

• Like 10
butterflydreams
3 minutes ago, Mezzo Forte said:

Just going to say real quick that you are all wonderful people and I appreciate everything you've not only done for me, but have done for each other creating such a supportive space in this little corner of the web. :)

I kept hitting the "like" button, but hitting it more times doesn't change it to a "love the ever loving shit out of this" button. :cake:

16 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

One of my favorite things about AVEN is that I can post photos of myself and have a realistic expectation that nobody is going to send me creepy or flirty PMs about it :P 

Hey, Chilla, you seem pretty cool...wanna meet up for iced cream and pop? We can discuss the finer points of...uh...Mongolian politics?

Damn, sorry, I'm terrible at being creepy or flirty. Hahahaha

• Like 8
ChillaKilla
1 minute ago, Hadley167 said:

Hey, Chilla, you seem pretty cool...wanna meet up for iced cream and pop? We can discuss the finer points of...uh...Mongolian politics?

Damn, sorry, I'm terrible at being creepy or flirty. Hahahaha

I snorted. Tbh if I ever had the chance to meet you IRL I would jump at the opportunity. 10/10 would get coffee with :) 

• Like 7
Mezzo Forte
29 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Hey dude, you made of testosterone? Because you're worth a shot ;)

• Like 11
ChillaKilla
3 minutes ago, Mezzo Forte said:

Hey dude, you made of testosterone? Because you're worth a shot ;)

SMOOTHER THAN MY FACE AFTER THE CLAY MASK I JUST USED 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Hadley167 said:

I'm totally on board for this. Keep me posted?

Okay. I set up a super-secret group, which is invisible to anyone who isn't a member, thus ensuring privacy from stalkers friends who silently sneak around your profile tabs, note the places you participate, then "have conversations with you" about them. PM me your facebook email if you'd like to join. It's pretty basic right now, but I'm sure we can fix the place up together. :) 

• Like 3

I just wan't to pop in and say you are all inspirational amazing people.

And i have to say that reading on forum was the last piece i needed to finally start to understand my feelings. That i recognized what people here wrote.

I am maybe not a woman but one thing i clear i am not a man just writing that word about myself feel wrong. 

So you have all my thanks for me to finally start to realize who i am deep inside.:wub:

• Like 8

Hm, I wonder about the facebook group?

For sure now I have to change my profile picture, because the one I have is quite old... Uuuh why can't I look like Mello so that I could have an anime avatar? :P

• Like 1
God of the Forest
5 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

Okay you're all just asking for me to indulge my inner narcissist at this point :P 

Reveal hidden contents

2q3rtco.jpg

52x9a0.jpg

24xj9d2.jpg

35jffoh.jpg

I'm such a photo hoe :ph34r::P 

Aww Chilla!! Its awesome to see what one of my favorite pals on here looks like! Your outward appearance matches the inside!! Which is spectacular! Oh and I just now noticed your signature "HRT-3/13/17" Does that mean youre doing hormone replacement therapy?

• Like 4
<No longer active>

Can I start by saying chilla you are exactly my type XD

Anyway! Guys, advice?

(brownies is the subset of Girlguiding that's ages 7-10 in the uk. Girls only)

ive been a young leader to a brownie group for five years now. It's an incredibly good thing for my CV (resume) and the girls are sweet and it's fun.

however it makes me dysphoric.

I don't even know if I can come out. Does Girlguiding allow transmasculine people?

i don't really want to leave but at the same time I'm going to begin transitioning within the next year. Is it right for me to do that to those kids? Guiding is supposed to be 'girls only', and it makes me feel like an imposter, but if I tried to leave I'd be letting the girls down.

>.< advice???

• Like 3

Chilla! Dude! You're so good looking!! I'll adopt you right away :D  Keep on posting these beautiful pictures of yours, I love seeing them^^

A facebook group sounds interesting to me I'd love to take a look at it!

Hadley, if i didn't say it now then i'm going to say that you look amazing and if Chilla doesn't want to do icecream i'll do it :D We can also pick a movie and talk about silly things *no fluffy unicorns intended*  (Or i could take both of you out) Whatever you guys fancy :P 

So i've been working out this week and decided to take today off, somehow i just felt weird and had to cancel my 20 mins cardio yesterday but i noticed i feel alot better knowing i can do something about my body shape.

On other news: I'm almost done deciding wich binder i'm going to get and uh, I first need to save up as this month is an expensive birthday month half my family has their birhtday this month (Only God knows why)  but meh.I'm kinda exited a binder is in the cards for me :D and i've decided to cut on other stuff so i can spend some time finding other "me stuff" to use. Sooo i'm enjoying my long weekend and i hope you guys have a great day too! Long live the king for giving me a free day off :lol: 

God of the Forest
8 minutes ago, Jayce said:

Chilla! Dude! You're so good looking!! I'll adopt you right away :D 

Nope! sorry, the paperwork has already been filled out, I'm their parent now! :P My Chilla! *growls* haha

• Like 5
God of the Forest

Also, I have a question.. Im not trans but can I be an Ally? please!? I promise I'll be good!

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, RipleyJ said:

Nope! sorry, the paperwork has already been filled out, I'm their parent now! :P My Chilla! *growls* haha

Heehee! But we can do co parenting then??? *Offers you a fluffy unicorn* :P

4 minutes ago, RipleyJ said:

Also, I have a question.. Im not trans but can I be an Ally? please!? I promise I'll be good!

Of course you can be! We would love to have you as an Ally and as a friend too :D

God of the Forest
Just now, Jayce said:

Heehee! But we can do co parenting then??? *Offers you a fluffy unicorn* :P

Of course you can be! We would love to have you as an Ally and as a friend too :D

Absolutely! Hear that Chilla?! We're your new proud parents! And no, Im not getting you a playstation! :P

And thank you! I would love that! 

• Like 5
Dodecahedron314

I'm pretty late to the finding other places conversation because yay timezones, but here are my 2 cents (...I suppose they're euro cents at the moment rather than US cents?): AVEN is a great place, and I've gotten more support here than anywhere else and etc. etc. But we've had a lot of issues lately with people coming in and mucking things up, and when it gets to the point where people have to leave for their own well-being, it's possible that something needs to change. I don't even have Facebook, and don't intend to get one because I had far too much of an edgy hacker YA fiction phase in high school to be comfortable with anything like that, but I can vouch for Transyada being much safer from this sort of thing--the only problems I've ever seen over there are the occasional spammer bots for T-shirt companies and the like, it's a fairly self-selecting place in that people who are going to cause problems of the sort we've been having here lately generally wouldn't be interested in having an account there in the first place, and all the frequent posters I've interacted with (which, granted, there aren't all that many of anymore) are all really sweet people. So that's my stance on the whole thing.

(Also, I agree that Chilla looks magnificent.)

• Like 8
<No longer active>

ok so im going to check out transyada i guess

dont worry, I can be in three places at once

• Like 4
ChillaKilla
3 hours ago, RipleyJ said:

Aww Chilla!! Its awesome to see what one of my favorite pals on here looks like! Your outward appearance matches the inside!! Which is spectacular! Oh and I just now noticed your signature "HRT-3/13/17" Does that mean youre doing hormone replacement therapy?

Yep! Since March 13 :D 

It seems everyone's taking the "it takes a village to raise a child" aphorism at face value :P It takes a forum to raise a Chilla

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

It takes a forum to raise a Chilla

Yes.

• Like 4

I tried the transyada and it looks nice for so far, it's nice to have a place where you can freely chat with others without having to walk on your toes because of people who obviously think they are the gender-police. I think a safe space would be great, even if it's just to keep away from all the vitriol.

58 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

It seems everyone's taking the "it takes a village to raise a child" aphorism at face value :P It takes a forum to raise a Chilla

I'm the Gender Discussion babysitter for a reason y'know :lol:   I've got a backup plan when it comes to raising a Chilla :P   I'm just kidding!!!

I'm going to reply in more lenght later... but are you in trans yada already? I'm already there so... I'm going to take a look in the evening :)

• Like 3
Mezzo Forte

I had my top surgery consult on Tuesday. :) My pre-clearance with insurance isn't quite sorted out yet, so there's a chance my surgery will actually get postponed, but I've at least got the process going! The doctor only needed one glance to say "yep, peri" :lol: (I knew I'd be small enough for peri, but it's nice officially having the surgeon recommendation,) and he was very quick to even answer my weird questions.

Fun fact:

Spoiler

When they remove the little donut-shaped chunk of skin around the areola, the hair follicles come with it, so you lose all the hair circling the areola. I don't mind one way or another, and apparently a lot of people don't like those hairs anyways. I'll probably still end up with a hella hairy chest anyways considering that I'm already hairy enough that I need to shave my armpits and chest before surgery. :lol: 

Oh, and I'm apparently so small that the surgical center doesn't sell small enough surgical compression vests for me, so I have to go shopping for one. (The nurse emphasized that I buy XS) :P 

• Like 6
butterflydreams

@Mezzo Forte, you're just shredding it with the good news. I'm so happy the consultation was reassuring for you.

Can confirm about those hairs. I never had a ton of body hair, and HRT has reduced it pretty substantially, but there's a small area on my chest that's very stubborn. I'm sure I'm the only one who even notices, but I'm really self-conscious about it. I hope and kind of expect it's one of those things that continues to improve with time. The hair on my arms got so ridiculously fine. One day I just sort of realized, wow, my arm doesn't look like it has any hair on it at all.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Hadley167 said:

I'm really self-conscious about it. I hope and kind of expect it's one of those things that continues to improve with time.

Maybe you could get those hairs permanently removed if it doesn't improve? That's interesting about the arm hairs.

Spoiler

I'm lucky to not have heavy (or dark) body hair. The only chest hair I really have (not counting the fine little hairs) is right around my nipples. That area is hard to clear of hairs (can't use depilatories because it's too sensitive - speaking from experience :blink: . I can shave them if I'm careful.)

• Like 1