Purple Plaid

Typical Power

Typical Power

So the Asexy flag thread made me realize something.

So we already have a Black Ring thing going on.

And the colours that represent Asexuality are:

Grey (For Grey, and Demi)

Black (For Ace)

Purple (For Aven)

White (changes meaning depending on who you ask :P )

Anyways....

It made me realize an obvious Asexy symbol.

Purple Plaid Shirts...

Like This: (Sorry if the colours are off, I'm Colourblind after all.)

*Although that's just checkered, I'm looking for a better example

sugar-cane-flannel-2.jpg

Or:

2.jpg

I'm so onto some serious Asexy'ness here aren't I?

I'd wear it. Especially the first one, given my hatred of ruffles and the fact that I don't particularly like just purple and black together. (The color's a sort of blue, though, not really purple.)

Typical Power

I'd wear it. Especially the first one, given my hatred of ruffles and the fact that I don't particularly like just purple and black together. (The color's a sort of blue, though, not really purple.)

ALAS? What hue from either eye does see?

I'll keep my eye out for more examples.

It was just the first things I could find.

Fish That Swims

oh, I would call the first one purple--it's on the blue side of purple, while the second one is more on the red side, but still purple, especially in front of the blue background wall.

Well, it's certainly close to purple without actually being purple! And yeah, I like it better than anything my Google-fu turned up. It all seems to be purple and black only.

I would say that the first one's more "violet" or even "indigo" rather than "purple"... but why should we be so picky? (*waits for someone to break out more specific color terminology*)

I'm a complete dork and adore plaid! Simpler patterns like the pictures in the thread have been rather trendy lately.

I completely support an Asexy Plaid movement. <3

Typical Power

ASEXY PLAID MOVEMENT :lol:

YES! This is brilliant!

Great idea! I love plaid and have wanted plaid shirts badly.

Where did you find the first one?

Fish That Swims

ASEXY PLAID MOVEMENT :lol:

YES! This is brilliant!

I also love it. And even better, most plaid comes in flannel which is the ultimate clothing-cuddle.

Oh my gosh, I'd have an excuse to wear flannel? I love the texture.

I am liking this better and better.

I like plaid and flannel shirts (when the weather is cool enough for them!). The first shirt in the OP is too garish to my eyes. The purple and black in the 2nd one I like better. I'm thinking I've seen plaids with purple in them, but with other colors like green also.

Fish That Swims

After a bit of googling, I realized that the checkered patterns in the OP are probably closer to gingham (maybe?). Purple Plaid has a much better ring to it though.

And I want this:

josephm-ladies-purple-gingham-check-shirt-346164-106674_medium.jpg

Typical Power

After a bit of googling, I realized that the checkered patterns in the OP are probably closer to gingham (maybe?). Purple Plaid has a much better ring to it though.

And I want this:

It would go great with a black ring as well. ;)

And I want this:

OMG. Where did you find this? I typically HATE dresses but I would definitely give that a try.

...seriously? :P

Well, I will say this much. No one will pull the "your orientation doesn't really exist!" card if we wear this. After all, who could possibly doubt that we have absolutely NO desire to get laid when we wear plaid? :P

I kid, I kid. I don't know why plaid has a bad reputation, something about it just seems farmer-y.

I love plaid! I love purple! And I used to own a purple plaid shirt! Except that was before puberty, so I doubt it still fits. But I'm totally up for this.

Josephine Stone

At first I thought "Plaid gross." But after seeing them, I thought the second one was really cute. I never thought plaid could be cute. This is a really cute idea.

:o Oh my gosh, I JUST realized:

IMG_0015.jpg

My purse!!!

(Even though it's a pinkish purple, it looks more purple than that in real life.)

Sir Oliver

You get cake for this wonderful idea. :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

I loooove plaid. I have two plaid dresses and one shirt. Now all I need is purple plaid... Actually, my two best friends have purple plaid dresses. Bitches.

Next time I go shopping, I'll keep an eye out for purple plaid.

I highly approve. Mostly because I already own a purple plaid shirt, and I actually wore it for last year's AVED. (For AVEN purple, of course.)

Who knew there was so much to choose from Muhauhauah

shoes:

nike-6.0-purple-plaid-pack-5.jpg

cell phone covers:

verizon-samsung-intensity-u450-case-_dash_-purple-plaid-faceplate-1-1525.jpg

sprint-htc-hero-case-_dash_-purple-plaid-tpu-skin-pouch-cover-1-1664.jpg

hats:

51CyTxUCFfL.jpg

wallet:

52845_product_1873356138_thumb_large.jpg

Salt Shaker

Unfortunately, I avoid plaid like the plague.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

ASEXY PURPLE PLAID MOVEMENT. I am so joining!

sinisterporpoise

Hell no. First, flannel plaid, rightly or wrongly is already associated with lesbians.

Secondly, let's shy away from purple. Why not a symbol like aviator goggles or airplane lapel pins? Better yet, why not a t-shirt with some old style plains that just say "Ace."

Awesome idea, T Power!

*awards lots of :cake: * :D

The official tartan of Clan AVEN, yes? 8)

*hunts for purple plaid*

Archived