Demisexual, Pansexual, etc - Define Please?

I am new and would like to understand types of asexual orientations.. Reading forums are very helpful but as a sexual married to an asexual I need to understand the language in order to really get it.

Thanks!

Herr Joseph von Löthing

The wiki, linked at the top of the main page, should have lots of information.

Grey-Asexual (or Grey-A): In the "grey area" between sexual and asexual.

Demisexual: A type of Grey-A. A demisexual experiences sexual attraction only towards people they already have a strong emotional/romantic bond with.

Demisexual and Grey-A are both terms that originated from within the asexual community on AVEN.

AVEN also has a wiki that covers a lot of the asexuality related topics discussed on AVEN, as Herr Joseph von Löthing said above me. It should help you out with a lot of the topics.

Pansexuality is a term used to refer to people who can potentially be sexually attracted to a person of any gender or sex. This is similar to bisexuality, but basically the difference is that pansexuality includes gender variant and intersex people under the umbrella of who a pansexual could potentially find attractive, while bisexuality only refers to an attraction toward males and females. However, this is made more complicated by the fact that the majority of people who fit the definition of pansexual use the bisexual label to identify themselves, so in practice the difference between those who call themselves pansexual and those who call themselves bisexual is much less clear than the theory suggests.

Wow! Thank you.. I am really learning a lot over the past few days - since being a part of AVEN.. Came here to help understand my husband more and am doing lots of self reflection - I may actually be demisexual. Lots to think about and lots to learn!