Asexual Sightings

So an avenite friend of mine got me into Modern Family and I've been watching it all week (it's great btw, thanks JP). And there was a light-hearted mention of asexuality in one episode. There's a gay couple and one is dressed up as a clown (called Fizbo) for their nephew's birthday party, the boyfriend says something like "you look like a weird gay clown uncle" and Cam says back "Fizbo is not gay, he's asexual, he's an innocent who's only drive is to bring people joy and laughter and balloon animals, he's the least sexual being on earth".

I saw that too! It's awesome, isn't it?

• 4 weeks later...

A nod to asexuality in Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan:

"Jane isn't really my type...My type's a little girlier. And honestly, I don't even like my type of girl that much, let alone other types. Not that I'm asexual-I just find Romance Drama unbearable."

Also, there was a secret in one of the Post Secret books (I think it was A Lifetime of Secrets, but I can't quite remember) and it said something along the lines of "I'm married and we've never had sex. And we don't plan to."

EDIT: It was A Lifetime of Secrets.

• 3 weeks later...

A nod to asexuality in Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan:

"Jane isn't really my type...My type's a little girlier. And honestly, I don't even like my type of girl that much, let alone other types. Not that I'm asexual-I just find Romance Drama unbearable."

Also, there was a secret in one of the Post Secret books (I think it was A Lifetime of Secrets, but I can't quite remember) and it said something along the lines of "I'm married and we've never had sex. And we don't plan to."

Woha really? A Postsecret? NIIICCEEE!

Woha really? A Postsecret? NIIICCEEE!

Yeah, it made me really happy when I saw it. I went back to look at it though and I didn't have the quote quite right, but the general idea was the same.

Asexuality just appeared on Feministe, which is a very popular feminist blog. It is a very positive article.

Not just the article: the comments there are all quite positive so far as well. It's not always like that! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I was listening to the radio this morning when this came up...

Apparently, there is a story going around about a poly relationship with one female and 2 males.

Story goes a couple of maleA and female are very in love and have been together about 4 years, then the female falls in love with another man (maleB) and has sex with him, the tree of them then lived, up until now, an happy poly relationship under the same roof for 17 years.

But the main point of the story is, maleA does not have any sex in this relationship, only female and maleB has sex together, story goes maleA and female had some sex in the beginning of the relationship but it wasn't working out...

Anyways, the 3 of them are very happy and satisfied about this whole arrangement.

And all the while, the radio people say the situation is just incomprehensible, the say the female is just using maleA for money or something, that maleA is an idiot staying in a sexeless relationship with a woman that has sex with another man under the same roof! and not understanding how the 2 man could get along, and saying maleA could back away from all that "lie" and find a good girl that will really love him and have sex with him. And go flaming and flaming about the whole thing being stupid.

They then say usual poly relationships where everyone has sex is ok, that "open" couples are ok that everything else is ok...

Of course, all the while I am thinking "well, you radio guys are %$&$& up saying its wrong while they are apparently happy, and story goes maleA said himself he did not want sex anyways, so whats the big problem? hello!!! not everyone NEEDS sex in life, geez." Add the fact that me repulsed asexual with sexual boyfriend are looking for another person to fall in love with and be poly so my sexual boyfriend can have sex with her and that I wont be pressured to try and fail to satisfy his needs, I was pretty upset against the radio people...

I'm obviously posting here because I think there is a very good chance maleA is asexual and does not know it or didn't want to come out about it.

For those who know french, it's on www.radiox.com, l emission du matin du 28 janvier 2011," Amours multiples et pêche au pédo" couldnt lisent to it with my computer but if someone fells like translating the whole thing that could be great ^-^

• 2 weeks later...
Katahdin-Bound

Question 74 of my university's residence life survey is as follows:

Which term best describes your sexual orientation?

Asexual

Bisexual

Gay

Heterosexual

Lesbian

Queer

Questioning

Other

I prefer to not respond to this question.

:)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Kurai-Tenshi_Niks

I know it's already been mentioned, but there's a Family Guy episode where they mention Ed Koch as being asexual - (starts a 1:13 in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSa6gGO49DA

Also, on a website called Vampirefreaks.com they give you the option to make asexual as your orientation.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In a manga I'm reading, a character was just asked if he was asexual~~ Unfortunately, he isn't but it shows awareness is also spreading in japan~