Hot Pieces of Ace - Topics and Questions

Guest member31022

I am quite open to announcing we have 3 vacancies right now.

I did skype with Ally a bit yesterday... and she thought maybe we should consider offering one of those 3 spots to DJ... considering as he did throw up a take on relationships himself. *am sort of down with that if he is available and others in the community are okay with that*

I am not springing this on the other people who are vlogging, um I sent an email yesterday to the rest of them--asking if they were cool with the community voting/deciding again... I guess I just don't personally feel like the people vlogging should exclusively decide who comes on... I think we got voted in... and that we should open announcement and let the community again vote in who they want. *still hopes I am not stepping on toes tho*

I still don't know tho... if they or whomever wants it to be guest vloggers or not.

I just would really like to get the ball rolling tho...and I am not trying to be a dick in wanting to get things moving forward here... But really, there seems to be a lot of enthusiastic interest in those vacancies and I'd really like to let people know they officially can start cracking on their audition tapes.

My only other thoughts on this... is do people want the new audition people to do what we did, or should the new peeps maybe try to do the current topic? :unsure: *awaits feedback*

And then also... should peeps state which days they are available for in regards to Monday, Tuesday, or Sunday... and then maybe break the election up a bit... like those available for Monday get voted on, and in a separate thread those available for Tuesday... etc.

I mean what if we voted in 3 people who were all only available Tuesday?... *hopes people get my anal reasoning there*

:cake: to all...

*hopes I didn't step on anyone's toes*

*crosses fingers again for people auditioning and that the vloggers and the community can agree on what to do here together*

Ooooh I shall crack on with an audition. :D

Well, maybe wait a little till I know what's the hiz-ap... still. I have ideas.

I got scared I was missing some sort of in joke... relating to either "crack" or "hiz-ap" but then I read the thread and got more scared. hahaha

Ahh this is a good fear. I think.

I like pieces threads/posts

raises visibility and feels like every one is doing thier bit and then some

thank you all who contribute...even the quite ones...this is making a bigger push into promoting asexuality than most realise

well done :cake::cake::cake:

GardenMeLost

Possible topic: a) Are you out to family and friends? b) What're the easiest ways to come out? c) Is it necessary to come out? d) etc

As you guys are doing coming out this week... :P

I just wanted to add another subquestion: What are the positives or negatives to being out to, specifically, family?

I am not springing this on the other people who are vlogging, um I sent an email yesterday to the rest of them--asking if they were cool with the community voting/deciding again... I guess I just don't personally feel like the people vlogging should exclusively decide who comes on... I think we got voted in... and that we should open announcement and let the community again vote in who they want. *still hopes I am not stepping on toes tho*

Uh-oh--I didn't get that email. Something's wrong with the group messaging system.

oh crap.

it got sent to a lot of peeps, maybe you guys aren't listed in the 11 it got sent to?

*posts it here, and blanks out specific names*

whoa.

*reads what I've missed*

Okay, so I came in to discuss how in the thread on the public boards... there is some support of opening up 3 spots.

I also see that there is what looks like those of us on the vlog would have more say than perhaps the community at large... which is who voted us in.

*scratches head*

So... I guess I am wondering are we suggesting we might be the ones deciding on the next bloggers? (if we go with auditioning in regulars in lieu of guest-bloggers)

I just wanted to sort of check in with people back here if they are okay with throwing up auditions again... and then letting the community vote again.

So this topic, part 2--

Ummmm... in regards to ___'s interest in ... rounding out our diversity... I agree with ____(2)'s hesitations. ____(2) is pretty good at coming in and being succinct in presenting what others might not be seeing. Um... maybe for a sort of ... solution here... we could announce a vacancy or vacancies--and then present sort of like a list of things for possible subject matter for one's audition video.

--how you identify more specifically in your asexuality, if you do

--your age

--etc

and then also

--what sort of perspective or diversity you think you might bring to the current vlogging team.

What are other people's thoughts?

I think if we could get the ball rolling, I think there are defo members interested in auditioning. :) :cake:

--___/egd

Hiiii everyone!

I'm really sorry, but I'm not gonna be able to upload a video for, er, last week's topic on "Sexuality in Advertising." I really wanted to...but I got back way too late last night, today I spent the whole day unpacking and cleaning my room, and tomorrow I have to pack AGAIN, 'cause I'm meeting another asexual for the first time!! And also I'll be going to San Francisco for Pride and the ace meetup! Sooooo...I WILL be posting a video THIS Saturday, on "coming out" and there will be...a few surprise guests- celebrities in the ace community in fact! Wanna find out more? Watch this weekend- mwahahaha! ^___^

Vlad Drăculea

I am not springing this on the other people who are vlogging, um I sent an email yesterday to the rest of them [ ... ]

Uh-oh--I didn't get that email. Something's wrong with the group messaging system.

I don't think I did either

I'm sending this both by e-mail and posting it in the "Hot Pieces of Ace - Topics and Questions" thread (though this doesn't have to do with topics and questions), in case anyone doesn't receive it by e-mail:

I'd meant to get to writing to ICORS, a couple of weeks ago, to find out if we could set up a Listserv discussion list with them. I'm sorry it's taken me so long, so, yes, in answer to (I think it was) Southpaw's question, it would be great if someone else would do this. All you need is to know how to write a good, persuasive letter, articulately outlining why our group fits into their mission. You can read about their mission and other information, here. Their Listserver is located here.

If you are interested in taking this on, I'd be happy to take a look at your letter, before you send it them. I've had some experience with this group, so, if you like, I might be able to give you some pointers to increase the chances of them saying "yes".

email is good on my end, I had to recreate my account on apple mail. I do have all the emails HURRAY. Thanks for posting them here too :cake:

Hiiii everyone!

I'm really sorry, but I'm not gonna be able to upload a video for, er, last week's topic on "Sexuality in Advertising." I really wanted to...but I got back way too late last night, today I spent the whole day unpacking and cleaning my room, and tomorrow I have to pack AGAIN, 'cause I'm meeting another asexual for the first time!! And also I'll be going to San Francisco for Pride and the ace meetup! Sooooo...I WILL be posting a video THIS Saturday, on "coming out" and there will be...a few surprise guests- celebrities in the ace community in fact! Wanna find out more? Watch this weekend- mwahahaha! ^___^

I'm going to hunt you down and hug you mercilessly--wanna collaborate on making a Pride report for the channel?

Oh, and before I forget, next week's topic--did we ever set in stone whether it was Gender or Friendships? Getting a clear answer on that might be good to know, um, soon.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :cake: PLEEEEASE make a pride video collab!!!! I want to go to pride, can't though....I wish to live vicariously through your pride video!!!!

I'm going to hunt you down and hug you mercilessly--wanna collaborate on making a Pride report for the channel?

Oh, and before I forget, next week's topic--did we ever set in stone whether it was Gender or Friendships? Getting a clear answer on that might be good to know, um, soon.

Waaaaah I'm SO excited!!! (Also, I have no idea what next week's topic is either...)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :cake: PLEEEEASE make a pride video collab!!!! I want to go to pride, can't though....I wish to live vicariously through your pride video!!!!

Ahhhhh we WILL! *Dances around!* ^___^

good idea on the pride marches

if we can say at sf pride and michael at london pride take some vids and post them later on?

Guest member31022

Waaaaah I'm SO excited!!! (Also, I have no idea what next week's topic is either...)

Let's say relationships/friendships as the topic, I think people wanted Gender for later.

yes, beyondweird is correct, the difference between relationships and friendships is next week....we're still not sure about the week after that if gender is going to be the topic or not

:cake:

yes, beyondweird is correct, the difference between relationships and friendships is next week

Good luck with that! I've never heard a really satisfactory explanation of the difference between the two, so I look forward to your video. :)

On Pride London: yes I'll try to get some of the parade filmed, but I can't promise anything yet.

Bad Patient

A topic that I think hasn't been proposing and that I'd like to hear/talk about is aesthetic attraction or whom we consider attractive, pretty, hot, whatever. And I'm not just proposing this so that I can gush about how good looking Jeff Buckley was :blink:

ThePieMaker

A topic that I think hasn't been proposing and that I'd like to hear/talk about is aesthetic attraction or whom we consider attractive, pretty, hot, whatever. And I'm not just proposing this so that I can gush about how good looking Jeff Buckley was :blink:

I think this would be a cool and not just so I can gush about how good looking Rufus Wainwright is :ph34r:

trisarahtops

Alright, so I lost track of where this page was- but I found it again. (yay me? not that I have ever posted in it before anyways...) I really like the coming out videos this week- well I've liked all the videos so far. I think something that no one really mentioned that I was kind of thinking would be mentioned was like a coming out for dummies sort of thing. Everyone said that they were out or some of the reactions but there wasn't really like a how to type thing. Like good ways to start the discussion or something to that extent. I guess that looking at LGBT coming out stories/ tips on coming out you can kind of get an idea, but it's still a little different. I did like the beaver bunch video, it was pretty great for sure. But yea- coming out for dummies? Maybe sometime in the future? Hopefully I'm making sense...

I would like visibilty and cloak of one

why it is we claim we want visibility from behind a keyboard...but in real life tell no one else

i do feel if mentioned in peoples own words then perhaps we can see why we...as the biggest wishers of visibility...we find it so hard to be visible

Idea: Occasionally leave the topic open. Allow the vloggers to talk about whatever they want for a week.

Pay It Forward: Thanks for the suggestion, your topic is in the line up for the next few weeks :cake:

Siggy: OH GOD, we can't even stay on topic when there IS a topic! CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT MADNESS YOU'VE JUST UNLEASHED?! it's so happening. :lol:

trisarahtops

Another idea: Ask for tons of questions (whether related to asexuality or not) and pick some to answer each week.

Also, truth or dare :)

(totally not ripping off the beaver bunch's way of vlogging... They are good I agree! @fix )

Siggy: OH GOD, we can't even stay on topic when there IS a topic! CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT MADNESS YOU'VE JUST UNLEASHED?! it's so happening. :lol:

Just to iterate: an extreme amount of madness. Like, showcasing my figurine collection, since some people have expressed an interest in them >.>

Archived