Bi-romantic?

isotopegirl

isotopegirl

Saying I am Asexual is a new concept for me. I definitely feel I am. I definitely feel as though I desire a romantic relationship.

I see myself as bi-romantic. I am just wondering how other self-identified bi-romantics see their desires.

so for any asexual bi-romantics out there.... what is bi-romance to you specifically?

sorry if I'm using terminology incorrectly in any way, I am still trying to figure this all out.

Thanks for the input!!

Saying I am Asexual is a new concept for me. I definitely feel I am. I definitely feel as though I desire a romantic relationship.

I see myself as bi-romantic. I am just wondering how other self-identified bi-romantics see their desires.

so for any asexual bi-romantics out there.... what is bi-romance to you specifically?

sorry if I'm using terminology incorrectly in any way, I am still trying to figure this all out.

Thanks for the input!!

I see myself as bi-romantic, simply because I've had romantic crushes on both genders. In fact, "panromantic" would be a more correct term, 'cause I just don't consider the gender at all when I have crushes (not that it would be a choice to have a crush anyway... :P ). To me "bi-romance" would maybe be rather a very close friendship, with some romantic elements, than a typical literally romantic romance... ? At least this far I've had crushes only on my good friends... I think the emotional bond is the thing that makes me fall for someone, not the gender or the look, probably not even the personality (of course the personality affects on the fact who becomes my close friend, though).

vballcraze21

I am just getting use to the idea of asexuality also and I believe that I might be a bi-romantic asexual. In the past, I have had certain friends both male and female that I get super attached to, think about all the time, get jealous over, and that I really like, but I have no real desire to get into an actual physical relationship with them. Having a great conversation with them and having fun hanging out together makes me perfectly happy, so I hope this helps but like I said I'm pretty new so yeah.

I consider myself a "panromantic" as well because I don't necessarily consider the gender when I like someone...of course I've only felt one strong attraction to anyone and it was a guy so I don't know? Its hard when you don't have the sexual aspect to help evalutate how close you feel to someone...so its hard to know if what you feel for someone is more romantic or just a strong emotional bond you may get for a really good friend or family member...I don't know I am still questioning this! if you figure out a good answer let me know lol!

I mean I have a girl friend who is great to hang out with shes like my sister but I would never want a romantic relationship with her! she is more like a sister...same with guy friends I've had in the past...its so hard to know!

AceOfCurls

Bi-romantic means for me is that I can have romantic feelings for both genders. :P I personally as a bi-romantic hate how sexuals just believe I'll be partners with anyone since gender isn't a factor. For me it isn't the gender that matters it's the personality and the chemistry that I have with a person. I swear sexuals like to slut-i-fy everything. <_< I don't develop romantic feelings for people that I know such as friends because once I'm friends with someone I'm just friends. So there usually has to be an aesthetic attraction first i.e I find so and so visually appealing then their has to be chemistry i.e we get a long, although I've had romantic attraction for a guy that I absolutely found annoying, but in a cute kind of way. :wub: I don't know how to explain it. :huh: I just want to hang out with them and I want them to want to hang out with me, but in a romantic type of way such as we cuddle and do romantic things for each other.

My perspective?

I am also biromantic. I do want a one-to-one relationship which is romantic (this to me means includes physical affection, kissing, cuddling etcetera) but not sexual. I choose to say bi and not heteromantic because men and women are much the same to me. I am capable of appreciating physical qualities and I know what I like and dislike (e.g. for me, body hair is a real no-no) but there's never any great arousal. I am more concerned with personality. I don't want a relationship with another woman specifically but if it happens, it happens. That's why I say I'm biromantic.

Though reading through this thread I think "pan-romantic" might sound more right, I rpesently identify as a bi-romantic asexual. Because I can appreciate any gender physically and only really develop strong crushes on people I'm close to. And while I wouldn't be averse to some cuddling and so on, the idea of being in a physically sexual relationship kinda freaks me out a little.

bitterforsweet

I consider myself pan-romantic but usually introduce myself to people as bi-romantic so not to completely confuse the hell out of them. To me, it's about having the ability to develop romantic feelings for people regardless of their sex or gender. However, I've discovered that in order for me to develop romantic feelings for someone, they must have equal feelings towards me. I can have crushes on people, but it doesn't develop into romantic attraction/feelings unless they feel the same way about me. Mutuality is very important. My idea of a romantic relationship means monogamy, cuddling, deep conversation, and being with someone who is interested in growing in the same direction as me.

Archived