Being bullied in my dreams

Guest fridayoak

I used have lots of dreams of just running around with old schoolfriends, fighting and general violence related activities. Can't say I was bullied in them, just a general air of malevolence to them. Don't have them very often but still now again. Last weird one was sitting in my class then a drive-by shoot out happened and I got shot in the head. Woke up holding my head all morning it was so vivid. My school was quite rough, always people fighting and getting stabbed but I never had much trouble, but I like to watch horror movies and all so probably just a combination of that really. It don't really bother me much overall but they can be pretty intense.

Guest fridayoak

Yeah same here, most of the dreams where I've died have involved falling great heights and then waking on impact. But they don't usually involve school friends, usually I think I'm on my own in those kind of dreams.

The schoolfriends dreams generally just involve being chased by or chasing around people in groups or sometimes just hanging around. I don't have them much now, more about 5 years ago at their height I think.

I have a lot of dreams about waiting to be killed, or dying for something. My dreams used to come true in the past though, which I find vaguely worrying =/

I don't get actual nightmares so much any more though (apart from what I've said above, and I think they're more warnings than anything else) since I've been working on lucid dreaming. Maybe you could try that? At least then you'd have more power and be able to fight if you wanted to, or change the dream :)

I get zombie dreams....I've hacked my roommate to pieces twice.

I had a nightmare about the Duggars brutally slaughtering everyone in the world except five people, but then the Duggars trapped them inside a building and burned it down.

Is anyone else been bullied/harassed/etc by figments of their own dreams? Is it a sign that part of me hates me? Am I just losing it (even more)? It could be just secret desires to find all my "enemies" and get revenge in some way or form because I think I am more reactive or retaliate more now....but my sub-concious telling me "yeah right".

I had a falling-out with a close friend of mine a while ago. But after that happened, I would have dreams that I would run into her at some place somewhere. We'd talk, and then eventually she'd get angry and slap me. Another time, she and her friend would circle me, and her friend would walk up beside me and say in my ear, "You're dead."

The peculiar thing is that these two people are not violent like that at all. The one who verbally threatened me would never raise a finger to anything (she wouldn't hurt a fly). The other girl, I think could have slapped me in real life if the situation presented itself, but it would still be something rare to happen.

But what I got out of that was that I felt guilty. I feel like I'm in trouble with them. Even if I happen to see them in a store or someplace now, I'm afraid and I kind of sneak out and hope I wasn't seen. It's a pretty direct message that I just feel guilty and I feel like they're incredibly angry at me. Whether or not they actually are is a different story. That I have no idea.

As for yourself... It could just be entirely random (dreams sometimes are just products of a bored brain). But alternatively, maybe there's something you wanted to do in college that you never got around to doing. Maybe there was a major you actually wanted to go for but did not pursue for reasons of practicality? Maybe you left someone high-and-dry at some point? Maybe you're stressed out over something else and you don't even realize it? Do you feel dread or guilt or anger?

Dreams... I'm not sure how much of an indication they are of anything. They're just ideas in the brain. And you are the person who ultimately decides what it means or what you would like it to mean. Otherwise, it could literally just mean nothing.

I like nightmares, these days. They can help me to realize things about myself, or they can present some really bizarre and interesting ideas. I've had dreams that I was a "sociopath" several times. It was peculiar because people were actually afraid of me. >____> That was interesting...

As for yourself... It could just be entirely random (dreams sometimes are just products of a bored brain). But alternatively, maybe there's something you wanted to do in college that you never got around to doing. Maybe there was a major you actually wanted to go for but did not pursue for reasons of practicality? Maybe you left someone high-and-dry at some point? Maybe you're stressed out over something else and you don't even realize it? Do you feel dread or guilt or anger?

In my country, we don't call courses "majors". But the "bullying" was only featured at school (of the 5 - 16 sort that everyone hates), not college. I'm not sure what you mean by "high-and-dry", I did lose contact with a "best friend" at school (secondary school) after we finished the GCSEs and of course left school but also was the last I had to deal with any of my enemies/haters. At school I was very "to-myself" and strange so quite a few bigots hated me because I wouldn't fit in or change my ways. At college however, people were more accepting or tolerant but the barrier still existed and I became more cold and distant in the last year or so, because I was tired of it all and socially drained. The only thing that fits is that I feel powerless against them (based on my memories) despite now being a lot more defensive and retaliate more than I was when I was 16 and under.

Archived