Men are better than women.

geek-in-a-half-shell

• 3 weeks later...
LoNeR bY dEfAuLt

I can't decide whether that MABTW is meant to be tongue in cheek or not.

Are men better than women?

That question first of all needs a definition of the word 'better'. What is better? Does it mean they're kinder? Make more money? Have more physical strength? Are more honest? 'Better' is such a subjective term, and really oughtn't to be used without a qualifier - for example, you could say that Linux is better than Windows because it's free. You could say Windows is better than Linux because more software runs on it.

I could list a whole load of reasons why one sex is 'better' than another, but it wouldn't do any good and I doubt anyone would be interested in my ramblings anyway.

In answering whether I agree, I can speak only from my own personal experience. Women have hurt me, used me and lied to me a hell of a lot more than men have, , and in most cases certainly in my experience are a lot less sensitive to the feelings of others. I guess from what I've witnessed and experienced, men are 'better' at treating other people properly - but conversely, maybe that means women are 'better' at getting what they want.

Loner... Re: Men treating people better...

Nope. Have to disagree. I've worked for CEO's who are real bastards who lie, cheat, steal, and that's on a good day. They come in to the office, have their coffee, and casually lay off half the staff, some of whom have worked for them 10 years... and it's no big deal to them. They make mistakes that literally trash their own company, and the janitors have more common sense... But for a CEO, most of whom are men, that's just a normal day. Of course they are polite to clients, then have screaming fits at terrified staff people who put up with everything because they need their jobs, and man are these guys having fun in this recession.

Oh well. Never mind. I guess to be a man and ruin someone else's life it helps if you're running a corporation.

I have experienced bad behavior from both men and women in my life. I think men can do a lot more damage. They have the power, and they know it. Women can spread rumors, but a lot of times, no one believes them anyway.

I don't think it's fair for anyone to say either men or women are generally more hurtful than the other. If you're a woman (a typical ciswoman, at least) other women will understand and accept you, and men will not. You, similarly, will not understand men. Miscommunication and offense are generally much easier between sexes than within one sex, so most any cisperson is likely to say that in zer own experience, the other sex was far more hurtful.

In other words, we're all biased.

Re: CEO's and cruelty again... I want to say that when I witnessed this behavior, it did not appear to me that these men were laying off people or screaming at staff in order to make the company more efficient. The company was less efficient with less staff, and people were so scared they sometimes could not function... I watched these masters of the universe in action, and they seemed to really enjoy these head games with staff. They would lay off people, and call them back soon after, then change their hours, or send them to another department... it seemed to be a game with them.

So when people complain that women play head games, I will say I know plenty of men who "play head games." I have also dated men who were terribly manipulative, too. Another reason to give up dating, besides being asexual.

I will definitely say, women are not the half of the species that play head games or act cruel. I know that women can play games or act cruel, but I've seen some men who are real sociopaths. I think we need to be able to identify a manipulative person and avoid that person, no matter who they are.

A good book is "The Sociopath Next Door." Read it, and watch your back. They are out there!

Archived