...?

NeurosisFan

um hey, someone told me I wasn't asexual because I still feel attraction even though I have no sexual urges.

Is this true?

WünderBâhr

it's a bit more complex than that... is it romantic attraction or sexual attraction? do you not have sexual urges at all or just for that particular person? is this person asexual/do they understand asexuality?

Attraction comes in many forms, but asexuals don't feel sexual attraction towards either gender.

Who ever told you that you're not asexual has no right to tell you which orientation you are. >_>

Nalle Neversure

Here is a recent thread about the definitions of asexuality. The "no sexual attraction" definition isn't the only one that's being used. Many of the terms are also explained in AVEN Wiki.

But ultimately it's up to you to decide if you want to use the term asexual to describe yourself.

Theta Sigma

I find people attractive, as in visually pleasing. But I don't want to have sex with them. People can make of that what they wish.

Hallucigenia

It's up to you to decide what label fits you best.

Usually we define asexuality as "not experiencing sexual attraction". There are many kinds of attraction. If you feel romantic attraction (falling in love / being infatuated), physical attraction (wanting to cuddle, kiss, and do other things that you don't necessarily see as sexual), aesthetic attraction (finding someone just really awesome to look at), but not sexual attraction, then you still fit this definition.

Some other definitions describe a lack of interest in sex or a lack of particular types of sexual attraction, instead of a lack of sexual attraction per se.

Some people who feel sexual attraction, but aren't interested in sex (due to a low sex drive, or some other issue) call themselves "gray-A" - gray meaning "gray area", A standing for "asexual". People who identify as gray-A have a lot in common with people who identify as asexual, and are welcome here. Some people identify as gray-A even if they don't feel sexual attraction, if there is something else going on that makes them feel not quite asexual; it's a flexible word that covers many borderline cases.

So are people who identify as plain old sexual, really, as long as they treat asexuals with respect. :D So you're fine, whatever way you decide.