Unscrewed and Illuminated Podcasts

KayleeSaeihr

Yay!!!

Yay indeed... Thank you to our behind the scenes crew... Kaylee and Dannye :)

TheLocalDinosaur

I love this! ^_^ Thanks for making it. It's fun to hear people from different countries than my own talking about asexuality. It really helps me make a connection with the community in addition to the forums. Keep it up! :cake:

CautiouslyOptimistic

Very random (naturally) and entertaining guys! And points for using my bucket joke ;)

Hooray!

The MoUsY spell-checker

Chris, I like your voice. :D

Oddly enough, even then, there are some parts of the show where I can't tell your voice from Sophie's. (I know it sounds weird that I can tell your voices apart enough to know which one I like more but still manage to confuse the two at other points. xD) Context helps, but even then, I still lost track of who was talking at some point. (I'm glad that Henrik sounds entirely different. xD)

I do find it easier to follow than the free-form episodes of A Life though.

LOL Thanks Kerry :)

We've heard from quite a few people (including Sophie's best friend) that we sound alike. After listening to this I can hear the similarity. I did like the free flow of this first episode it kept it feeling casual. Yes we could have talked more about asexuality but it was fun regardless.

Hear that Chris? People like your voice better than mine! Damn! But I guess that means you sound like a woman. :-P

KayleeSaeihr

Hear that Chris? People like your voice better than mine! Damn! But I guess that means you sound like a woman. :-P

I'm not people, therefore I like your voice better :P

The MoUsY spell-checker
But I guess that means you sound like a woman. :-P

Consider that it could've meant that you sound like a man. :-P

(No, you don't. Chris does have quite a high-pitched voice for a man. Just the kind of voice I like. I also like higher-pitched female voices. Say, I really like the voice of Caroline Williams, one of the hosts of the New Scientist podcast back in 2006.)

But I guess that means you sound like a woman. :-P

Consider that it could've meant that you sound like a man. :-P

I was waiting for that...

• 2 weeks later...

This won't be particularly helpful feedback.

a) I strangely like the way Henrik says 'yes'.

b) Well some of us like seeing people without their shirts on (;))/like walking around without shirts on.

c) Nothing wrong with cannibalism.

I came here to escape and you're reminding me about my Philosophy revision. :lol: The discussion/argument/debate between Saeihr and Henrik was great.

KayleeSaeihr

I just want to say... My voice sucks. Yes I sound more like a guy than a girl...I'm working on it though :P

I'm glad you enjoyed the "discussion/argument/debate" Jicragg ;)

Lol. I just sat back and listened to you two go at it. Hilarious!

@ Jicragg: use Henrik saying 'yes' as a creepy msg alert tone! Insane!

20thCenturyGirl

This podcast you're doing is a lovely thing. I personally can't wait until you get it up on iTunes. But in the meantime, I suppose it's fine the way it is. :)

I love the format. It's structured, yet loose. I don't listen to podcasts really, so I'm not sure of the normal format. However, I like your little regular segments as well as the conversational style.

And as an American, I'd like to add that you definitely won't be losing this listener.

The MoUsY spell-checker

I think it's funny that Henrik asks "can I say 'fuck' on this podcast". It's like asking "can I ask you a question" - you just did! xD

KayleeSaeihr

Lol. I just sat back and listened to you two go at it. Hilarious!

Or as Henrik would say; High Lar-ree Ohs

Well be up on iTunes soon I promise!

Guest member31022

I really enjoyed this - even when it went slightly derailed on to good and evil (though I guess as I'm studying philosophy, that's only to be expected). You all have a really good chemistry, and Henrik is really funny!

On the note of wanting people to be attracted to you, I think there's a huge difference between wanting people to be attracted to you and wanting people to find you attractive. I very much enjoy knowing people find me attractive, but it's very rare that this turns into them actively being attracted to me (which I would find slightly uncomfortable).

I've listened to almost all of this (about 10 min left) and eppisode one and I quite enjoy listening to all of you! Keep up the great work!

KayleeSaeihr

Episode 3 is up :)

Here's what we cover this time:

…not too much random this time. But the random is there. We were joined by special guest Fawn from the UK for our discussion on Gender. If you’d like to be a random special guest, add me (Sophie Dunning) on Skype and if you’re online when we’re recording I’ll give you a call.

:D

---

Feel free to answer the poll question, would be good to see what the gender identity is like across AVEN.

KayleeSaeihr

*head explodes*

Jic-ragg

Jic-ragg

Jic-ragg

So sorry! :(

Sweet, Aussies coming to some meets. *gets knife and fork* Me want meat.

Huh?

We did have the purple bananas. Will you be bringing them back?

http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=15131

Purple banana smilies are still used on A-sylum. It's a joke that Amcan and somebody else started.

hehe, purple bananas