Asexual Artists

I draw females simply because I am better at drawing them than males.

Interesting. I usually draw men. When I was in art school, we usually had male nude models for some reason, but I don't think that's the reason. Even if I'm drawing faces/portraits I usually draw men because I like looking at them more, I think. [shrug]

I'm female and I prefer to draw females not cause of asexuality but I can draw their bodies better than males.

Miss Minty

I've found that people prefer to draw their own gender, probably because they're the most familiar. That's just my own observation, and not of asexual artists, so it might be different. I like to draw forms I wish to resemble, I suppose. In previous years, 'voluptuous' female figures, then models and fashion figures, recently androgynous females and sometimes men. What an insight d:

Nico-Nico Friendo

I am better at drawing males. When I try to draw females they often end up looking like males or androgynous, and I can do more with the face and facial expressions with males than with females. I'm not sure why, but in real life, most women look the same / boring to me, as if they are mostly background "noise" while men tend to have more variation in their faces (and personalities, it seems). I also don't like boobs/curves. I'm trying to make more female characters, but it's hard to think of how to make them more interesting / unique without making them "ugly". That's the trouble with drawing females, there's this idea that they have to look "pretty" or they end up looking like a guy. Ugh! Maybe I just don't know how to draw "pretty" people.

Also, I don't like being female, so drawing (and writing) male characters is a way for my mind to "escape" this body and live in a body I would prefer better. I've always wanted to be someone else.