Can you be Grey-Romantic?

jow

I was thinking about this at work today. On my profile I've classified myself as "Somewhere between aromantic and hetero-romantic. If greysexual is exists somewhere between asexual and sexual, does that mean I would be greyromantic.?

Does that even exist?

I can't find the word anywhere...

(Note: I'm not sure if this counts as a musing or a question, which is why I put it here, sorry)

Well, I identify as grey-a-heteroromantic...

There's many colours of sexual orientation, so I don't see why romantic orientation couldn't be the same.

That is basically me. :P I'm between aromantic and panromantic. Most of the time I don't even think about romance much.

Would it be the same thing as demiromantic, or is that something different?

That's what I wanted to ask too. I'm also somewhere between aromantic and hetero-romantic. I currently identify as demi-romantic...but come to think of it, I've never really thought about grey-romantic. Can someone clarify to me what the differences between demi and grey might be?

I know i'm a grey-a-heteroromantic. but my problem is finding a man who's compatible.

I think that demi might be similar to demisexual- only developing romantic attraction to someone after developing other emotions to them (for example, a good friendship). Grey-romantic might be more of a random event, like looking at someone and suddenly wondering what it might be like to cuddle with them on the sofa, or maybe being able to imagine what it might be like to go out with them, but not having that impulse often with people?

I think that demi might be similar to demisexual- only developing romantic attraction to someone after developing other emotions to them (for example, a good friendship). Grey-romantic might be more of a random event, like looking at someone and suddenly wondering what it might be like to cuddle with them on the sofa, or maybe being able to imagine what it might be like to go out with them, but not having that impulse often with people?

Ohh, ok cool, thanks for clearing that up for me. In that case, I think I'll probably stick with demi-romantic for now.

I don't think I ever get the "randomly looking at a stranger and feeling like I want to cuddle with them" feeling. Takes me quite a while in getting to know people before I feel like being affectionate with them, whether platonically or romantically.

Guest Pelagic

Thank you! I was wondering about this lately myself.

Yup! Demi-biromantic asexual here! Or maybe demi-panromantic. The distinction doesn't seem to be much, and one some take and leave and as I've never met anyone who didn't identify as male or female....

But yup! Plenty of us on here.

I'm clinging more to greyromantic rather than demiromantic because that would explain more the two awfully huge crushes I had in my early teens (both on guys I didn't know particularly at all) but still accounts for the fact that I haven't felt anything since. I don't want to be aromantic, but neither can I then truthfully call myself heteroromantic.

And greyromanticism wouldn't rule out the possibility of liking someone demiromanticly either...

Okay, I think I'm making words up now :)

Archived