Yes I am a eunuch.

CyberThalamus

CyberThalamus

Well, I am an elective eunuch. Anybody have any questions? I had the procedure done for $2000 by Dr. Kimmel in Philadelphia. No questions asked. He is professional.

Well, I think the first question and most obvious is why?

And peeing. What about peeing?

You don't need balls to pee.

Mercy me. That took quite a lot of bravery.

or recklessness. Either way, I think I'm fine having a tallywacker.

I think I speak for the group as a whole when I say that I appreciate your willingness to share/offer a very unique perspective. I think I also echo the group when I ask, details, details, please? Anything you'd be willing to share would be appreciated.

There are a few people on the site interested in castration--I hope they get to see this thread.

Cate

But surely chopping off bits down there will make it hurt or odd?!

There are an estimated 500,000 - 1,000,000 hijras (eunuchs) (although some are born intersex) in India. So it isn't so strange, really. It's just the idea of the gender binary in Western culture which puts across the idea that there's something wrong with it.

CyberThalamus:

- How did it affect your sexual orientation, and level of sexual desire / attraction?

- Do you feel any psychological changes resulting from different hormone levels? Mood changes, tiredness, lack of strength, loss of concentration - all those types of things.

- Were there any other side effects, desirable or undesirable?

Bex - traditionally castration involves removing the testes. Sometimes it also involves removing the penis. If both have been removed, there is a small hole for the urethra, just like on females.

CyberThalamus

Ok. I have the same girlfriend I've had for three years (got operation a few months ago). Sex is possible, but neither are too interested. No mood changes, not much tiredness. Not much lack of strength. I think my concentration is decent (95% on MCAT). I've reafirmed my commitment to science and am going to study neuroscience. The things I want to study and help with will change everything for everyone.

Are you takeing any hormones at all? I read that you start looseing muscle tone (no time frame was given) without testosterone.

Vicious Trollop

I don't think it's weird if that's what makes him feel comfortable in his own body.

But I am very curious to know how you feel about all this.

I did some reading on it online. I was always lost on how anyone would find someone to do it.

I did hear a year or so ago about someone being arrested for doing this out of his home.

CyberThalamus

No hormones. It's only been a few months though. This was elective--in the past some had it done for testicular or prostate cancer. I had no such problems (or even history of problems). Didn't freeze any sperm, which I regret sometimes, but it doesn't bother me too much. Castration isn't birth control...it's life control.

well, I applaud you for your voluntary decision, our society looks down on people who wish to become eunuchs and physically sexless people. They're seen as wimps and jokes in our uber masculine culture. And also eunuchs today are often associate with sexual predators that were castrated as a punishment.

I've heard about complications and hassles transsexuals and people into such body modifications go through with having prodecures done. I do wish in the future things will improve and become more available to such individuals. But I'm glad this wasn't the case for you.

I did hear a year or so ago about someone being arrested for doing this out of his home.

:lol: Only in America.

Naissur - sexual predators are castrated in the U.S.??

Naissur - sexual predators are castrated in the U.S.??

erm......I'm not well read on this topic, but I have heard about chemical castration being used in the UK and some places in the U.S. It's probably only used in a handful of states.

Naissur's right. It's an option for some people in some states if they want their sentences reduced. They have to show up for regular injections, as she said--it's chemical castration--they don't remove anything.

Cate

Oh...I'm actually kind of surprised. I don't know why.

I would say, just chop off the whole bit and they won't be sick anymore, but I know it isn't that easy. Take away their utensils and they are still unwell. They will find some other way to hurt people. The root problem needs to be addressed, not the symptom.

Hmmm. I think that'd be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

Anyway, I saw an interview with a convicted rapist who'd opted for the chemical castration and he said once the testoterone was ... stabilised? Whatever word you'd use--he lost the aggression and violent tendencies he'd had before. He seemed relieved.

Cate

They have to show up for regular injections, as she said--it's chemical castration--they don't remove anything.

they have to continue receiving shots? It's not permanent?

Nope. It's not permanent. It's rather like birth control shots. I can't recall how long the shots lasted--a month or three or six, but they had to continue getting them as part of their parole.

Cate

What interesting timing.

My little home town of Shelton, WA. is soon to be blessed (?) with the presence of the very first graduate of California's new sexual predator treatment. He's moving here. He has 9 convictions for molesting young boys and admits to molesting many more. He had himself voluntarily castrated while he was in prison, and I got the impression it was permanent. Perhaps it was surgical?

It sounds like he is really trying to reform himself, but I think the whole town will be watching him 24/7. His address is public knowledge and his photos have been posted everywhere.

It's a shame he didn't do it sooner if it might have helped him control himself around children. He seems to feel it will help even now, though.

The whole subject gives me the heebiejeebies.

-Greybird

California has the most progressive laws that way so perhaps in that state they allow surgical castration. The thing I watched on it was 4-5 years ago, but then it was definitely something that wore off if they didn't continue going. I remember because the guy had asked for a permanent, surgical procedure and they wouldn't let him do it. He really hated himself for what he'd done.

Cate

This topic interested me enough to send me searching for more info, and I found some god stuff:

Here's some old info about castration of sex offenders:

http://texnews.com/texas97/ouch050897.html

And some info on the types of castration:

http://www.gov.on.ca/OMAFRA/english/livest..._castration.htm

There's also a forum for eunuchs where this is discussed:

http://www.eunuch.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=33

My personal opinion on all this is; it's your body, so do whatever's going to make you happy in your own skin.

I am seeking to become a eunuch myself. Obviously its an irreversible decision, and there are side effects to contend with like weight gain ... since I am already overweight, I feel it prudent that one of the things I must do before going through with it is having myself on a regular exercise program (not to mention having my existing overweightness eliminated). I am also going to wait until at least 2010 to make certain it is what I want.

For me, its a matter of my sexual desire (my want for others) being too much stronger than my drive (my ability to deliver). I'd rather cut out the desire altogether than try to fix the drive. I'm not cut out for relationships and I'd like to get rid of what's ailing me. I'm not so sure a eunuch is "more asexual" than a non-eunuch ... the very reason I feel I need to go eunuch is to purge the desires that I read asexuals don't have at all even with their hormone-pumping genitalia intact. I speak for just myself, of course .... few eunuchs/aspiring eunuchs are in it for the same reason I am.

-- Chibiabos

Technically, it refers to a man who has been completely desexed (has had his testicles and penis removed) though, more generally, refers to someone who has had some portion of their genitals removed (generally only their testicles, which is what I am for someday).

Archived