anyone past 50 on here?

Autumn Sunrise

Welcome, Pixiefeet :cake::cake::cake: Hope you enjoy AVEN and find some new friends here :)

@daveb Guess what? Finally we have rain here - massive storm with hail and about 40 mm rain since mid morning, sheets of water lying around the house, silly chickens running under their house instead of into it - in fact, a good time was had by all :D :P And apparently there's more to come! What a great Christmas present :)

• Like 3

Dang fickle fate ... my holiday vacation is about to start and I come down with a sore throat which is nearly always a precursor to a cold. If it is a cold and it follows its normal course, I'll probably be sick most of my vacation. Heavy sigh. Oh well. Not much I can do about it.

On a cheery note, here are pictures from a good weekends worth of hiking:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105234689104952250166/Sierra_Azul_12_20_14?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLvxz9CY976vDQ&feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/105234689104952250166/Thornewood_12_20_14?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL7Er7SF4svWPg&feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/105234689104952250166/Don_Edwards_Coyote_Hills_12_21_14?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL7Ss8jQnKzGpQE&feat=directlink

Cathy

• Like 2

Excellent, Autumn Sunrise! (I wonder how ms. trish and her chickens are doing)

Oh, no, Cathy! I hope it doesn't turn into a cold and that you get better quickly! Think positive thoughts! Looks like some good hikes.

One more day of work, then a couple days off, then another day of work and 2 more days off, and then another short week. I love these holidays! :)

• Like 3
Autumn Sunrise

More rain today - yay!

(Haven't met ms. trish yet - I don't think she's posted since I joined.)

I like the sound of your short weeks, daveb - should be more of 'em :D

Cathy, I hope you feel better soon, and your sore throat doesn't spoil your vacation!

• Like 3

ms. trish is a Portlander (of the Oregonian persuasion) who keeps chickens. She used to regale us with stories about Zelda and Bellatrix and a couple of others.

Yay for more rain! I agree about short weeks!

Signs are pointing towards a very lonely-feeling Christmas for me this year. Need to find ways to head that off and avoid getting mired in self-pity! :)

• Like 1
Autumn Sunrise

Thanks, Dave - she sounds interesting!

Have you made plans for something special you can do for yourself on Christmas day? It's nice to have something to look forward to :) and you're less likely to feel lonely if you're doing something you enjoy.

• Like 1

Have you made plans for something special you can do for yourself on Christmas day? It's nice to have something to look forward to :) and you're less likely to feel lonely if you're doing something you enjoy.

I've spent Christmas alone sometimes as I have no close family, and here it is very much families gathering together time. Buying some really absorbing DVD boxsets helps, as the stuff on television isn't always very helpful, being full of Christmas sentimentality and slush. I was alone and ill at Christmas a couple of years ago, and enjoyed back to back watching of the Danish crime series The Killing. It was great, totally unChristmassy, and I really hoped the heroine was Ace, but it turned out she probably wasn't. :)

• Like 4

I don't know about special. I have food and books and stuff. Well, I'll enjoy the free time anyway. :)

• Like 2

Oh! We had chocolate cake for lunch at work today! (It was heavy enough and rich enough I didn't need anything else) :D

• Like 3

Welcome, Yeast! Enjoy AVEN! :cake: :cake: :cake:

*Always good to have a virgin around on christmas :P*

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

tumblr_mfidpvNnhp1ra39l0o1_r1_500_zpseya

• Like 5

Welcome, Yeast! :cake:

Go on, it's Christmas. So I'll admit it!

I'm older than Tja!

:o

Also: Happy Holidays, all. :)

• Like 3

Made it to my parents house safely yesterday. Alas the sore throat did turn into a cold but I am warm and cozy in the house and resting and enjoying watching the snow fall here in northern Michigan. The cold did make flying unpleasant. My ears were really hurting as we landed. Something about the cold messed up their ability to regulate the pressure right! Hopefully when I fly next the ears will be in better shape. I arrived to discover my sister was still here. Their flight got canceled and the new flight is tomorrow morning (yes Christmas morning). They (sister and her husband) will go off to Colorado to visit their daughters. They should have been there now. Sad for them and their daughters but sorta fun for me to get to visit with them! I'll be the chauffeur tomorrow morning to get them to the airport at 5 am. What a lovely XMAS present,eh?

Cathy

• Like 4

Sorry about the cold, but that's kind of nice that you get a bit of a visit with your sister, Cathy. I hope you feel better soon!

Well, I missed a postal delivery today, my only chance to have a gift to open on Christmas Day that I didn't buy for myself. They came earlier than they usually do and apparently the package requires a signature. I live on a cul-de sac and my front door is a bit hidden from the street, and I get packages left all the time with no problems. This one time, why do they have to have a signature!? (I don't know if the person who sent it set it up that way or if the PO decided they needed it this time.) So I'm really going to be all alone tomorrow, not even a present to remind me that someone out there thought of me. :(

I like the Middle Earth Yuletide pictures going around. Somewhere else I saw one of Radagast as Santa. :)

Happy Yuletide to everyone! (I really hope it is as happy as possible for all of you! Including former travelers in this thread.) :D

• Like 2

Bad luck about the present not coming daveb. I'll think of you tomorrow as I drive to the airport at 5 am and hope you are finding joy in being alone rather than sadness.

Cathy

• Like 3

I want to take a moment to welcome all the 50+ newcomers ( I'm new to the 50s club myself). Anyway to everyone here on the "Over 50s thread" a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May everyone prosper in life, both spiritually and emotionally.

Thank you Aven Nation!!!!

• Like 4

Welcome Yeast! You aren't alone; 52.5 myself, male and a virgin. I do not see that changing :D

• Like 3

Hiya all. The joys of the season to everyone. I think I have the best way to pass Christmas. I'm sat at work, it's quiet so I can catch up on the goings on in AVENland as well!

• Like 4
Autumn Sunrise

Hi AVEN friends, I want to wish you all the best possible time today, however you celebrate this time of year.I hope everyone here will find some happiness and peace in the holiday season. You are all in my thoughts and in my heart :wub:

May 2015 be a blessed year for us all.

*hugs*

• Like 7

It's Christmas morning! Christmas cheer to all! I hope your day is as good as possible. And hopefully Cathy's drive to the airport and back has been completed by now and she's back visiting her parents and enjoying the day.

I had a good cry last night watching the movie Love Actually before bed. :blush:

This morning I got up and had some hot chocolate and toast, and started opening the packages I got for myself. "oh! a book! How did you know?!" :D What did I get? Some books, some games, some clothes and jewelry. Just what I wanted! :)

• Like 7