anyone past 50 on here?

That's simple - never!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way I see it, we don't get old, we evolve. :cake:

I'm pro-evolution :)

• Like 1
Moonchaser
Were you excited by realizing you are asexual? If so, are you still excited or has the novelty faded away and things pretty much returned to normal? Was this realization like a rite of passage for you or more ordinary?

Yes, I was excited, and I still am. But my situation is that I'm married and for so long felt that I was a bad wife (my opinion, not his) and that I was some kind of freak for not wanting and liking sex.

Finding myself

Were you excited by realizing you are asexual? If so, are you still excited or has the novelty faded away and things pretty much returned to normal? Was this realization like a rite of passage for you or more ordinary?

Cathy

Hi Cathy

I was excited when I realised that I was asexual - that there was a name for how I am. It is still early days for me - I realised in March so only couple of months ago. Time will tell if life returns to normal or not!

Is this more of a 'welcoming' post, or do you chat here, also?

I am new to this but feel relieved that I finally understand myself. I really thought there was something wrong with me. I just can't believe it took me this long to find out about asexuals. I will soon be 56.

• Like 1

join the club, KDNC! (oh, wait... you just did. :lol:) Welcome and have some :cake:

Actually everyone is past 50, but there is this huge bunch of people claiming to be 15. :lol:

*just kidding -- some claim to be 25*

Thanks for the Cake. It seems a lot of people discovered when they were 19 that they were AVEN. WOW. Wish I had. I could have been having a more happy life. It seems that I am only really happy when I am by my self. That is sad.

I think that's one difference between "older" asexuals and "younger" ones. Most of us older ones didn't discover asexuality until we were older and had been through some relationships. We didn't have the internet, much less a site like AVEN, nor even the concept of asexuality.

One possible advantage of discovering asexuality when we're older is that once we do, we don't have to go through the "what exactly am I, will it change in 6 months, should I tell my mother, etc.etc." business. We know what fits us because we've known ourselves for a long time, and we're at an age where the only person we need to "notify" is a partner, if we have one. (Which is not fun, but necessary.) We definitely don't have to notify the whole high school. :lol:

Thanks for the Cake. It seems a lot of people discovered when they were 19 that they were AVEN. WOW. Wish I had. I could have been having a more happy life. It seems that I am only really happy when I am by my self. That is sad.

Oh, "K", don't look backward on what your life could have been. A basic part of my philosophy is: Everything happens for a reason. If you wish to choose an event in your life, and examine it, you will find a logic to its occurrence and a beneficial outcome will be displayed before you. We all are able to research our existence in that fashion, and it is all right, as long as the particular topic is not dwelled upon for an extended length of time, becoming a negative obsession.

Actually, solitude is a fine state of circumstances; giving us an unburdened, hopefully carefree life experience that was originally intended for us; definetly not "sad". Try to enjoy your freedom of 'oneness'. It is truly grand when you can shake off all the possibly unnecessary responsibilities you've endured, 'kick-back', and relax within yourself! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't believe it took me this long to find out about asexuals.

I feel the same way & I am already 56. I am a late bloomer!

Welcome, Gypsytat2! Have some :cake:

I'm 55 and a half and only discovered asexuality a couple of years ago or so. The thing about late bloomers is their blooms are often around long after the early bloomers have wilted away. :lol:

Welcome, Gypsytat2! Have some :cake:

I'm 55 and a half and only discovered asexuality a couple of years ago or so. The thing about late bloomers is their blooms are often around long after the early bloomers have wilted away. :lol:

Hello!! So, you're 55 and 1/2 - I haven't heard that 1/2 expression since I was in puberty. Please believe me, I am not criticizing you; I love your words!!! I am over a decade older than you, and definetly not a 'newbie' looking for cake.

Hello!! So, you're 55 and 1/2 - I haven't heard that 1/2 expression since I was in puberty. Please believe me, I am not criticizing you; I love your words!!! I am over a decade older than you, and definetly not a 'newbie' looking for cake.

hee hee :)

53 here in Pensacola Florida.

Welcome, Pensacola, the city my ancestors founded WAY BACK WHEN. My sister, brother, mom and many relatives live down there still. Hurricane Central. :rolleyes::cake: :cake: :cake: