men gynecologists

misconduckt

male gynecologists  

1. 1. do you visit male gynecologists?

• do they make you uncomfortable
    • do you ever feel molested?
    • have you or would you consider a female?
    • do you prefer male gynecologists if given a choice?
    • do you not care as long as the doctor is qualified?

Question for the women of the group, how many visit male gyneocologists for their annuals? I did when I was in my teens to get my bc pills and I was always uncomfortable and felt I was being molested honestly, I even had one old goat have his nurse give me a cleansing wipe and told me to "clean myself good down there to eliminate smells". any medical practioner

worth their salt knows smell is a part of assessment, that old fart just didnt want to smell ripe coochy. I have used women since 1980 mainly because I dont buy Fords from Toyota dealers, WHY does a man choose gyneocology/obstetrics as a career, does he enjoy looking at naked women that much or is it a power play, I have been to a few before I wised up that practically gloated while standing over me as if to say...see what I can do legally and get away with! Sorry if I offend anyone but this is the way I feel. Women delivered both of my children and women do my annuals, they understand the feelings of the instruments and the feeling of the probing and most have been very gentle and unintimidating. I cant help but believe that men who choose this profession either really enjoy gloating or lording over women or they like to feel vaginas and breasts on a daily basis., and that makes me sick to my stomach. :mad:

edit: I added some more poll options to give more choices.

- GB / mod

Well, I've never been to a gynecologist (Only a nurse, and I refused the exam), but I personally have really, really disliked more of my female doctors than male doctors. Now, most of my doctors have been terrible period regardless of gender, and of the doctors I actually like, about half are male and half are female, but of the doctors I seriously hated the most, they were almost all female/

Well, I've never been to a gynecologist (Only a nurse, and I refused the exam), but I personally have really, really disliked more of my female doctors than male doctors. Now, most of my doctors have been terrible period regardless of gender, and of the doctors I actually like, about half are male and half are female, but of the doctors I seriously hated the most, they were almost all female/

that is a shame, i guess i had good experiences, not that i enjoy going but it isnt as bad as it could be

I've been to both kinds and, strangely enough, it was the woman doctors who bothered me the most. I think maybe it's because my inner defenses against men are much better developed.

-GB

Question for the women of the group, how many visit male gyneocologists for their annuals? I did when I was in my teens to get my bc pills and I was always uncomfortable and felt I was being molested honestly, I even had one old goat have his nurse give me a cleansing wipe and told me to "clean myself good down there to eliminate smells". any medical practioner

worth their salt knows smell is a part of assessment, that old fart just didnt want to smell ripe coochy. I have used women since 1980 mainly because I dont buy Fords from Toyota dealers, WHY does a man choose gyneocology/obstetrics as a career, does he enjoy looking at naked women that much or is it a power play, I have been to a few before I wised up that practically gloated while standing over me as if to say...see what I can do legally and get away with! Sorry if I offend anyone but this is the way I feel. Women delivered both of my children and women do my annuals, they understand the feelings of the instruments and the feeling of the probing and most have been very gentle and unintimidating. I cant help but believe that men who choose this profession either really enjoy gloating or lording over women or they like to feel vaginas and breasts on a daily basis., and that makes me sick to my stomach. :mad:

I agree. You are right to feel this way.

Since I was a little kid, I thought it was terrible that men did examinations on women.

ive never actually had an exam ive had male and female doctors try but they were both equally uncomfortable and painful so all of them gave up. they want to put me to sleep and send a camera up because just the start of one makes me scream in pain. i was born with an extra hymen so they think i might have other birth defects as well up there. but i say screw them just because your curious doesnt mean i want you to look. im 19 and im not sexually active so i dont find the test that important. sure they can detect cancer but if i ever had it id refuse chemo so finding cancers pretty useless. Ive even had doctors tell me was raped and im just denying it just because i dont like being touched wich isnt true at all and is a bunch of bs. but i do find it wierd that men want to be gynecologist but in the same sense i seee why having them makes sense at the same time. woman who are straighter then a board might feel really akward havinga woman snooping aorund down there because it might make them feel like they are gay. but yes a guy wanting to shove his hands up chicks all day is a bit much. but theres also girl doctors who give men their test so it can go both ways.(turn you head and cough) at least we dont have to do that on top of all the uncomfortable stuff were already going through.

I never got why men were gyns. It's like a bird being a doctor for a fish. But seriously, it's their job. In most cases the guys see them everyday and it's not anything new for them. And a male gyn would most likely be FIRED if they got a kick out of it. I don't care one way or another. Of course, my gyn is female. It's just another procedure.

I've only seen one gyne and she was female. If she'd been male and told me he wanted to do the exam, you wouldn't have seen me for dust.

ive never actually had an exam ive had male and female doctors try but they were both equally uncomfortable and painful so all of them gave up. they want to put me to sleep and send a camera up because just the start of one makes me scream in pain. i was born with an extra hymen so they think i might have other birth defects as well up there. but i say screw them just because your curious doesnt mean i want you to look. im 19 and im not sexually active so i dont find the test that important. sure they can detect cancer but if i ever had it id refuse chemo so finding cancers pretty useless. Ive even had doctors tell me was raped and im just denying it just because i dont like being touched wich isnt true at all and is a bunch of bs. but i do find it wierd that men want to be gynecologist but in the same sense i seee why having them makes sense at the same time. woman who are straighter then a board might feel really akward havinga woman snooping aorund down there because it might make them feel like they are gay. but yes a guy wanting to shove his hands up chicks all day is a bit much. but theres also girl doctors who give men their test so it can go both ways.(turn you head and cough) at least we dont have to do that on top of all the uncomfortable stuff were already going through.

Yeah, I hate it when doctors say things like that, I was at a dentist and they wouldn't believe me when I told them I hadn't eaten candy in years, this happened years ago though. Some of them act like they have infallible knowledge.

I also heard some nurse talking about how the doctors have this God complex and that they are very snobbish. This is what I heard though on another forum a few years ago.

I never got why men were gyns. It's like a bird being a doctor for a fish. But seriously, it's their job. In most cases the guys see them everyday and it's not anything new for them. And a male gyn would most likely be FIRED if they got a kick out of it. I don't care one way or another. Of course, my gyn is female. It's just another procedure.

In the 90's, I heard a guy saying that he couldn't wait to become a doctor so that he could touch all the "hot girls". Also, where I live, there have been fly by clinics that turned out to be guys just wanting to touch women. Some guys can still get a kick out of touching girls without it showing on their face, you can only tell with guys who are "inexperienced", this concept is even made fun of in some movies.

I've only been to a male doctor, but that was when I was like 9-12 and I only had a physical when I had chicken pox but only because my mom made me and I was just a kid. Also, I heard second hand from a nurse a few years ago say they wouldn't send their daughter to the hospital unless they were dying. So I guess some people do know of ulterior motives some docs may have. Not all of are like that, but some do.

My mom went to the doctor every year and she still got cancer and they couldn't do anything to cure her, so these exams seem pointless to me. I stopped going to the doctor when I was 14, but my mom still went anyways for years after until she got that illness and passed away months later. Even though I haven't been there in over 10 years, I'm pretty healthy and my body is hard-wired to fully heal itself when ever I get something. I even recovered from broken bones a few years ago. And people that go to the doctor regularly seem to get sick often, so I don't know if they pick up something in the hospital because sometimes there will still be bacteria there.

I don't know why this is in "older asexuals". I am against it and feel it should be illegal.

It's inapropriate and there's too much room for abuse. What scares me most is letting them has access to children.

A male "gyn" should be treated like any sexual assault/rape/ sexual type criminal case.

It makes me very sad when I read historical aspects of how women were ushed out of medical care for their own bodies. This is why the male gyn came about in the first place, because patriarchy soceity wanted men to gain more power over women's bodies. I say we take a stand against this and put a stop to it. Our bodies, our power.

I have no issues with a male doctor treating me otherwise, I expect he knows what's appropriate behavior , respects boundaries and when there are sexual issues involved, he can refer me on.

I'd like to see the social response to a women opening a clinic devoted to women exaiminging men's penises, probing them and asking them intimate sexual information. I think outside of the patriarchal soceity which seems to make it OK for a man to have power over women, people would think this was sick. I think most people would realize how inapropriate this would be and how it would leave men open to abuse.

PS;I know this has a lot of typoes, it's that time of day where the screen gets blurry.

Yeah, I hate it when doctors say things like that, I was at a dentist and they wouldn't believe me when I told them I hadn't eaten candy in years, this happened years ago though. Some of them act like they have infallible knowledge.

I also heard some nurse talking about how the doctors have this God complex and that they are very snobbish. This is what I heard though on another forum a few years ago.

In the 90's, I heard a guy saying that he couldn't wait to become a doctor so that he could touch all the "hot girls". Also, where I live, there have been fly by clinics that turned out to be guys just wanting to touch women. Some guys can still get a kick out of touching girls without it showing on their face, you can only tell with guys who are "inexperienced", this concept is even made fun of in some movies.

I've only been to a male doctor, but that was when I was like 9-12 and I only had a physical when I had chicken pox but only because my mom made me and I was just a kid. Also, I heard second hand from a nurse a few years ago say they wouldn't send their daughter to the hospital unless they were dying. So I guess some people do know of ulterior motives some docs may have. Not all of are like that, but some do.

My mom went to the doctor every year and she still got cancer and they couldn't do anything to cure her, so these exams seem pointless to me. I stopped going to the doctor when I was 14, but my mom still went anyways for years after until she got that illness and passed away months later. Even though I haven't been there in over 10 years, I'm pretty healthy and my body is hard-wired to fully heal itself when ever I get something. I even recovered from broken bones a few years ago. And people that go to the doctor regularly seem to get sick often, so I don't know if they pick up something in the hospital because sometimes there will still be bacteria there.

i had a bad experiance with my hypothyroidism testing that im suppost to get every 3 months so i havent been there in a yr. and other then my hypothyroidism the only thing thats bothered me since then is allergies wich have nothign to do with germs so i do think that going to the doctors alot plays a role in your immune system. i think its because they always give you meds and the germs learn to survive through it. since are bodies arent getting those meds they are super warriors so to say. :P

I don't know why this is in "older asexuals". I am against it and feel it should be illegal.

It's inapropriate and there's too much room for abuse. What scares me most is letting them has access to children.

A male "gyn" should be treated like any sexual assault/rape/ sexual type criminal case.

It makes me very sad when I read historical aspects of how women were ushed out of medical care for their own bodies. This is why the male gyn came about in the first place, because patriarchy soceity wanted men to gain more power over women's bodies. I say we take a stand against this and put a stop to it. Our bodies, our power.

I have no issues with a male doctor treating me otherwise, I expect he knows what's appropriate behavior , respects boundaries and when there are sexual issues involved, he can refer me on.

I'd like to see the social response to a women opening a clinic devoted to women exaiminging men's penises, probing them and asking them intimate sexual information. I think outside of the patriarchal soceity which seems to make it OK for a man to have power over women, people would think this was sick. I think most people would realize how inapropriate this would be and how it would leave men open to abuse.

PS;I know this has a lot of typoes, it's that time of day where the screen gets blurry.

That is true, if a pedo wanted to get ahold of children, they would just have to go and get a degree and there would be know way to know until it is too late.

It's really hard to tell if a male doctor is getting pleasure from examining a female patient since there are no machines around detecting how they feel or what they are thinking.

I've read some reports and news articles were they were caught by cameras planted by a nurse or patient to see if they were doing inappropriate things. Also, I don't know if that plan would work, I talked to a guy about that years ago, and he was talking about how he has a female doctor and how he couldn't wait to go back to her. So I think some men might find the idea to be pleasurable, especially the kind that hit on lots of women or that see women as a source of pleasure. Although there are some girls that seem to enjoy going to a male doctor for sexual reasons. It kind of feels like this system benefits people with those kind of personalities. Mostly people who are sexual. Also, I think some doctors might cheat to get their degrees, seeing from the number of blotched surgeries on people, where their face lift failed and their head swelled up into a basketball sized flesh mound. My theory is that a lot of these failed surgeries are from people who just wanted to be a doctor for the money and the access to naked women.

i had a bad experiance with my hypothyroidism testing that im suppost to get every 3 months so i havent been there in a yr. and other then my hypothyroidism the only thing thats bothered me since then is allergies wich have nothign to do with germs so i do think that going to the doctors alot plays a role in your immune system. i think its because they always give you meds and the germs learn to survive through it. since are bodies arent getting those meds they are super warriors so to say. :P

That sounds awful.

I use to have allergies to dust, but now if dust gets on my face, I don't even sneeze or get teary eyed or anything, so I am not sure what happened with my body. That sounds about right, that might be why almost never get sick, since the last time I took any kind of medicine was in middle school. I just endured anything I got, and I think my body has modified its immune system because of that.

I hope your hypothyroidism gets healed eventually. Isn't that where your growth hormones keep making you grow taller? I might heard that term years ago, but I'm not so sure.

There is another way to look at the field of gynecology.

There is a limited amount of specialized knowledge to acquire since it involves a relatively small area of the body and only a few systems.

It pays well.

There will be no shortage of patients.

There are no middle-of-the-night emergency calls. (Obstetrics is another matter entirely!)

Just because a man deciudes to become a gynecologist doesn't mean that he is some sort of perv. After his very first day of internship the novelty of poking stainless steel speculums into an endless series of hoo-has will be gone and the drudgery will take over. It's a job. It's also a good paying job with enough cache that he can joke around about his occupation when he hangs out with his male friends, and they can all pretend to be impressed.

He is, after all, a doctor, and being a "pussy doctor" can be a great source of comedy relief.

The biggest problem I have had with female gynecologists is that they mistakenly ASSUMED that, since I was also female, they automatically had some insight into what I was experiencing and - even worse - what I wanted. They were wrong, of course, but they just didn't get it. They were just as bad as sex therapists in that way. When I said that I didn't care about sex or want it at all they immediately wanted to fix what they assumed was broken in me, and they used that old "we're all girls together" ploy to try to convince me that they knew me bettter than I knew myself. I didn't WANT any sort of touchy-feely relationship with the person on the other end of that stainless steel torture device!

I've only been to a grand total of 4 gynecologists, two male, two female, so I don't have a big enough sample of experiences to make any true determinations, but the two male gynecologists that I went to were both very detached and clinical, and I found that attitude a lot easier to deal with.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

-GB

That is true, if a pedo wanted to get ahold of children, they would just have to go and get a degree and there would be know way to know until it is too late.

It's really hard to tell if a male doctor is getting pleasure from examining a female patient since there are no machines around detecting how they feel or what they are thinking.

I've read some reports and news articles were they were caught by cameras planted by a nurse or patient to see if they were doing inappropriate things. Also, I don't know if that plan would work, I talked to a guy about that years ago, and he was talking about how he has a female doctor and how he couldn't wait to go back to her. So I think some men might find the idea to be pleasurable, especially the kind that hit on lots of women or that see women as a source of pleasure. Although there are some girls that seem to enjoy going to a male doctor for sexual reasons. It kind of feels like this system benefits people with those kind of personalities. Mostly people who are sexual. Also, I think some doctors might cheat to get their degrees, seeing from the number of blotched surgeries on people, where their face lift failed and their head swelled up into a basketball sized flesh mound. My theory is that a lot of these failed surgeries are from people who just wanted to be a doctor for the money and the access to naked women.

That sounds awful.

I use to have allergies to dust, but now if dust gets on my face, I don't even sneeze or get teary eyed or anything, so I am not sure what happened with my body. That sounds about right, that might be why almost never get sick, since the last time I took any kind of medicine was in middle school. I just endured anything I got, and I think my body has modified its immune system because of that.

I hope your hypothyroidism gets healed eventually. Isn't that where your growth hormones keep making you grow taller? I might heard that term years ago, but I'm not so sure.

i wish im only 5' 5" hypothyroidism is incurable but managable with proper monitoring and medication heres some information on it http://www.endocrineweb.com/hypo1.html. basically your thyroid doesnt prodce enough hormones making your body do many things like in my case retain alot of extra weight. alot of peopel who have the oppostie disese hyperthyroidism tend to be as skinny as a twig. some times i think my hypothyroidism plays an effect in my asexuality but i dont suffer from all its symptoms so i can tbe sure that my decreased desire for sex is a symptom from it.

Funnily enough, on the women gynae ganging up on you and knowing you want stuff you don't want, my gynae wasn't bothered that I was a virgin at 21, she just wrote it down, but when I said I was Vegan she turned to her assistant, gave this really moronic look to her and said, in front of me, "why would anyone want to be a Vegan?"

Funnily enough, on the women gynae ganging up on you and knowing you want stuff you don't want, my gynae wasn't bothered that I was a virgin at 21, she just wrote it down, but when I said I was Vegan she turned to her assistant, gave this really moronic look to her and said, in front of me, "why would anyone want to be a Vegan?"

lol :P it sounds like a blonde moment almost ( i do not agree that blondes are dumb this is just what society has decided to call these kind of moments) i think thats funny and wouldbe great in someones comedy routine. i dont have that issue though i eat meat,dairy,veges all of it i love food. how ever whenv i told my doctors i wasnt having sex they looked at me like i was a loser because i was 16 and all their patients come in and say hi i ran out of condoms can i have some more. dumb doctors.

i wish im only 5' 5" hypothyroidism is incurable but managable with proper monitoring and medication heres some information on it http://www.endocrineweb.com/hypo1.html. basically your thyroid doesnt prodce enough hormones making your body do many things like in my case retain alot of extra weight. alot of peopel who have the oppostie disese hyperthyroidism tend to be as skinny as a twig. some times i think my hypothyroidism plays an effect in my asexuality but i dont suffer from all its symptoms so i can tbe sure that my decreased desire for sex is a symptom from it.

Oh I see, I was thinking of something else then. That does sound kind of bothersome though. I wonder if there is some kind of diet that would make it manageable or counter it in some way.

I guess they were thinking that it is silly, although its kind of weird for them to say it in that way.

"Oh I see, I was thinking of something else then. That does sound kind of bothersome though. I wonder if there is some kind of diet that would make it manageable or counter it in some way."

actually its suggested you dont diet because some foods have things in them that counter act with the drug you also have to take the med on an empty stomach and then you cant eat for an hr after and that and its quit incoveniate because the only time me y stomachi s empty is when i wake up and since its empty i get super hungry.wheni get really hungry i get really nascuas and light headed on top of that who wants to wake up super early to just have time to eat breakfast before they leave.

My OB-GYN is a man and I have been going to him for 16 years. I don't like "assuming the position" with anyone, male or female. It is after all an invasion of my body. It is however necessary, particularly after 40. Cervical cancer is a bitch and hard to beat. I told him once that I hated the exams, and he told me if I liked it he'd be worried about me :lol: He said he didn't like going to the proctologist, but it was necessary for men to do so as well. He chose the field because he likes helping women bring their babies into the world.

My OB-GYN is a man and I have been going to him for 16 years. I don't like "assuming the position" with anyone, male or female. It is after all an invasion of my body. It is however necessary, particularly after 40. Cervical cancer is a bitch and hard to beat. I told him once that I hated the exams, and he told me if I liked it he'd be worried about me :lol: He said he didn't like going to the proctologist, but it was necessary for men to do so as well. He chose the field because he likes helping women bring their babies into the world.

humm that last part i could take two ways he means it in a general no pun inteaded way and then were he likes to make woman pregnant so there for hes helping them bring babies into the world but i get what you mean thats just what came across my mind. i dont think all males doctors are pervs or even most of them but i bet there are some out there.

Emily the Strange

I'm female and I have no problem with either a male or female doctor. My current doctor is male and completely professional. The most important thing is that we all GET OUR ANNUAL EXAMS, Pap smear, mammogram, etc. every year (or as often as your physician recommends). Forget what gender the doctor is as long as they're decent! (Report them if they're not.) Early detection means successful treatment and cures, and I want everyone to stay well and healthy :)

misconduckt, I have only had one gyno exam so far (my gyno is female) and I think I would prefer to have a female gyno over a male gyno. If I could have an asexual gyno, that'd be the best. :D

I am sorry about the way your gyno treated you. I was slightly nervous about my first exam and I am thankful that my gyno was kind and patient. However, I don't think you should let your experience with ONE male gynecologist color your view of all male gynecologists. I think many, if not most, men who go into gynecology do so because it genuinely interests them and they want to help people. Not to mention that some women who have good experiences with male gynos and bad experiences with female gynos.

I think it's important to get a gentle/understanding gyno that makes you feel comfortable. If a gyno is rude and mean, it has nothing to do with them being male or female.

ChaliceFlame, that is a dangerous slippery slope you're on. When you say men shouldn't be able to do certain jobs (especially jobs with children), you are implying that all men should be treated like molesters and rapists and that is NOT good at all. There are women out there who are JUST as twisted as the most twisted men. THESE women go on to teach/baby-sit kids and no one bats an eye. I believe that there should be stringent standards that need to be met in order to go into the gyno field (and fields that involve working with children), but to ban people from performing certain jobs JUST because they have a penis and testicles is, pardon the pun, nuts. That is sexism and sexism needs to be eradicated.

P.S. No, I don't think the majority of people would have a problem with women doing their JOB on men. There is nothing wrong with women and men doing their JOB, which is to help people stay healthy. Now, I feel more comfortable with women doing gyno work, but if I have to choose between a guy who does his job the right way and a woman who doesn't, I'm going with the guy.

Norboo, you can't know if a man or A WOMAN gyno is getting off. There are females who are predators and there are men who aren't. Some people have opposite sex doctors that they like because they are GOOD doctors, not because of sexual reasons. And the people who do shitty surgeries often aren't even licensed.

I have never been to a gynocaeologist, but I have had a number of physicals that were quite embarassing- though that might just be for me. I know it's not the same thing, but I believe that male doctors are either awful - which hopefully, is pretty rare- or very detached. Women doctors on the other hand, make you feel embarassed for being embarassed!

And, an opposite-sex family doctor who you know personally is a disaster either way. My family doctor is lovely, but as soon as I'm old enough I want to sort out my 'personal' doctors/procedures etc. and there is no way he's going to be involved whatsoever :lol:

I guess that male gynecologists seem less popular, at least in my experience, since some women might prefer a woman doctor for that kind of stuff. I don't care that much. I would see either a male or female doctor.

Most doctors were men until recently (perhaps still are) and that is perhaps why there are a number of male gynos.. Anyway, I recall needing to make an appt. ASAP and called the gyno clinic in my town, and was told that it would be a long wait, unless I was willing to see a male gynecologist, in which case I could come this week. Hmm, are male gyno docs really that unpopular? Anyway, I made the appt. and saw him. No big deal.

In this same topic, I started watching a movie last night called Dead Ringers. It is about a pair of identical twin male gynecologists name Ellie and Beverly (both played by Jeremy Irons).

I personally have really, really disliked more of my female doctors than male doctors.

Same here.

As long as they are professional and generally pleasant, I have no objections as to what sex of doctor gives me an examination.

ChaliceFlame, that is a dangerous slippery slope you're on. When you say men shouldn't be able to do certain jobs (especially jobs with children), you are implying that all men should be treated like molesters and rapists and that is NOT good at all. There are women out there who are JUST as twisted as the most twisted men. THESE women go on to teach/baby-sit kids and no one bats an eye. I believe that there should be stringent standards that need to be met in order to go into the gyno field (and fields that involve working with children), but to ban people from performing certain jobs JUST because they have a penis and testicles is, pardon the pun, nuts. That is sexism and sexism needs to be eradicated.

Completly agree. I was utterly gobsmacked when I read one or two of the posts on this thread.

Examinations are no big deal. Someone who sees loads of muffs, tits, willys, arseholes, sick , poo, wee, fluid etc every single day is going to have a very quick look at one of your body parts, and may possibly save your life in the process. Surely it's a no-brainer?

I'd like to see the social response to a women opening a clinic devoted to women exaiminging men's penises, probing them and asking them intimate sexual information.

Don't know about the clinic part, but in the United Kingdom (and I assume in a lot of countries) there are plenty of female doctors/ surgeons who examine testicles and the penis etc and perform surgery in male intimate areas.

Looked at the poll, but couldn't find my option to vote.....where is the 'Yes, I'm fine visiting a male gyno and have never had a problem' option?

I personally have really, really disliked more of my female doctors than male doctors.

Same here.

As long as they are professional and generally pleasant, I have no objections as to what sex of doctor gives me an examination.

Completly agree. I was utterly gobsmacked when I read one or two of the posts on this thread.

Examinations are no big deal. Someone who sees loads of muffs, tits, willys, arseholes, sick , poo, wee, fluid etc every single day is going to have a very quick look at one of your body parts, and may possibly save your life in the process. Surely it's a no-brainer?

I'd like to see the social response to a women opening a clinic devoted to women exaiminging men's penises, probing them and asking them intimate sexual information.

Don't know about the clinic part, but in the United Kingdom (and I assume in a lot of countries) there are plenty of female doctors/ surgeons who examine testicles and the penis etc and perform surgery in male intimate areas.

Looked at the poll, but couldn't find my option to vote.....where is the 'Yes, I'm fine visiting a male gyno and have never had a problem' option?

Seconded.

As to female urologists/ andrologists - I list both because of course an urologists isn't the men's counterpart for a gyn and many andrologists are urologists, too (other combinations remain possible) there are some doctors who are both trained in gyn and andro - a very large portion of the (practice-based) urologists are women. And that's without the hospitals. There is an institute for andrology and male repro of the university's clinic here and the staff is almost entirely female and even the chief physician is a lady. With staff I mean the doctors, btw.

Many (cis)women say they prefer a male gyn saying that men are a lot more understanding, more patient and gentle and careful when it comes to examinations.

And to the 'ouchie-parts': all doctors learn those. Anatomy and physiology play a very large part in tissue sensitivity. As to individual or personal soft-spots: a women won't have an advantage over a man here.

As to the getting off while seeing women's parts and all the rest... I can't believe that people really believe and mean that. Following these kind of arguments then all male urologists must 'of course' be gay (getting off on all those DREs :huh: ) and as to children: well, those such inclined would rather choose paediatry over gyn, surely?!

There was a case reported where a mob of ignorant people went berserk, literally baying for blood and stampeded to a paediatrians office - because they got 'paedophile' and 'paediatric' mixed up... <_< I do think that this shows one should be careful with words, easily one's words can be mis-understood or distorted. It's OK to rant, but generalisation should be avoided, besides, one size doesn't fit all...

There was a similiar thread that was lost during the AVEN melt-down and I participated there... When it comes to any kind of doctors I have always prefered men, mostly, they are also more patient etc. Additionally, they were more understanding, laid-back and tolerant when it came to the virginity and asexuality issue. On the other hand, almost all female doctors where very judgemental, unaccepting and sometimes even insulting when that issue came up. The part with the embarrasment is true, too, I've seen that myself. Oh yeah, the lady doctors were those responsible for injuring me badly - for me, that doesn't mean that all female doctors should be avoided and I would certainly not advise anybody to prefer male over female physicians or vice versa. Look at the individual doctor, the whole person and then decide. Especially here on AVEN: is gender that important?

Do you not see the correlation between “kind” male doctors and female doctors who are rude? Maybe the female doctors don't like it because they truly are seeing “poop, piss, and gross stuff” and are not enjoying it at all? A male doctor may be kind because, how should I put it, he is enjoying it? At least for doctors who have seen tons of naked women, they will just not be hyper sensitive about it, but will enjoy looking at the female form and “not mind” things like smells or whatever since in return, they are looking at something “beautiful”.

The reason this is probably not hunted down in this new society because of the openly sexual culture and how many women have many partners while living this lifestyle, so a guy seeing them naked to check on them is no big deal if the woman has already been in bed naked with hundreds of guys!

That is why this present society doesn't forbid things like males seeing females because it is a moot point when these females are seeing random guys on a weekly basis, getting naked with them, and doing way more than a doctor would do. So that is why it isn't forbidden and not abolished. A women of this type won't care if the doctor is enjoying looking at her body since she does way worse than that with other guys! So a doctor is nothing to those that live an openly sexual lifestyle. In fact, this entire hospital system caters to them the best. While those that don't live that way are gonna end up miserable because this system assumes you also live that way and if you don't you are abnormal.

Anyways, I don't ever want to live that way. I find it very awful and makes it hard for anybody to live free of things like that. For me, a perfect world would be that guys and girls are given education on how to take care of your spouse. I'd rather it be the husband that gives the pelvic exam to the woman than some random guy. If the girl doesn't have something like a husband, then her mom, aunt, or similar female relative would do for checking her up, although, that is if you want to check health the science way. Although a female doc is fine for checking on a girl. Anyways, I'm just saying if this system had to be around, it should be that way, it be better I think to be checked by somebody that already knows your body [husband/wife].

Although, I believe that things miracle healing is very real and that if it was more widespread, we wouldn't need docs and these “exams” anymore although it is very rare and [warning: unscientific] texts keep pointing to something about “sin” being the source of illness and if a person isn't free of things like “anger, jealousy”, and a slew of other negative emotions and thoughts, then that kind of healing won't work since the negative emotion and thoughts feed “illness”. Although I am just saying this and I'm not saying it is true or not or to believe it, but if you know something about this then maybe you know what I am talking about. I would use anecdotes to explain but it is pretty much useless thing to do without proof so I'll just say that I think it is very real and just far more difficult to achieve in this present society since the way people live contradicts what is written in order to be able to get this kind of “healing” method.

Do you not see the correlation between “kind” male doctors and female doctors who are rude? Maybe the female doctors don't like it because they truly are seeing “poop, piss, and gross stuff” and are not enjoying it at all? A male doctor may be kind because, how should I put it, he is enjoying it? At least for doctors who have seen tons of naked women, they will just not be hyper sensitive about it, but will enjoy looking at the female form and “not mind” things like smells or whatever since in return, they are looking at something “beautiful”.

This is like arguing that gays shouldn't be allowed in the military because they'll want to sleep with all the men in their squad. Just because a doctor is male and is examining a woman's body, that doesn't mean he will automatically be turned on. There is a difference between looking at a woman's body in sensual environment and looking at a woman with her feet in stirrups in a clinic with a nurse beside you taking notes. When a male gynecologist is at work, he's working. It is entirely different than when he's in bed with his wife or girlfriend.

How many men sit there staring at their partner's vulva during a sexual encounter, anyway? As far as I know, you're not looking down there during sex unless you're guiding yourself in or giving head. It is not the same set up, environment, or mood as a sexual encounter, and it is not the same. Even if the guy was a pervert, male gynecologists are required to have a female nurse present when they're with patients, so he couldn't do anything.

Men are not instantly turned on by the sight of a vagina. Male gynecologists are not rabid sex fiends. They're people with a well-paying, secure job, who went into gynecology either because they were good at it or because they wanted to help women. To argue that they're just being nice because they're getting off on their job is incredibly sexist.

I certainly am not advocating anyone forget their annual physicals, as I do, I have been an registered nurse for 20+ years and know the dangers, I am just putting out there what I have wondered about for years and years. I dont particularly want a touchy feely relationship with any physician or nurse practitioner. I just want to be in my own comfort zone as does anyone. Please dont neglect yourselves in any form or fashion. ;)

having worked with physicians for many years I can tell you from experience they are humans as are we all and there are good humans and bad humans as we all know

Archived