How many of us actually wear it?

red_brick_dream

How Many Wear the Ring?  

1. 1. Do you wear the ring?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

This poll is closed to new votes

I had the perfect ring... silver band in the middle, black bands on the top and bottom, and a purple triangle stone on the side. And then I lost it. And the place stopped selling them. The cost to specially replace a £21 ring? Upwards of about £200.

Blueraindrop

I also have a Tungsten ring, although I had to wait a little for the store to bring one in my size, apparently black rings are only for men or something. And because it was considered a wedding band I also had to explain that no, I wasn't getting married I just wanted the one ring and no, it wasn't for my ring finger... that part was a bit funny actually.

I want to wear it but cannot get my finger size right, they're all too small (I'm buying them online), I have to find one in the shops of my city ...

• 1 month later...

I just bought a steel, ion-plated black ring to wear - I already wear a ring all the time on my right ring finger, though, so whether I keep wearing the black ring all the time may depend on whether the pair of them clicking together bothers me.

I finally bought the black ring because it will have been one year next month since I began to settle into my space on the asexuality spectrum. (Actually meant to buy it for myself at six months, but it was hard to find an appropriate and correctly-sized ring.)

I bought it at Amazon, this one, for a quite good price. It does not have any rough places, and is a very nice shiny black. In case anyone else is having trouble finding one they like. (The sizes they have in seem to fluctuate pretty rapidly, though. Last week they had most sizes all the way down to four and up to eleven, and this week ten to fourteen.)

Yes I wear one. I had hematite before (went through three of them however because they shattered after a while when wearing them or if they fell off my finger). Finally got a nice black one from a Ren Faire that had the Greek Key in silver and it just called to me. It's super big (but that was the smallest size they had) so I wear another ring in front of it to keep it from falling off.

I used to wear it only occasionally, but I've gotten used to it to the point where I feel naked without it. It used to have a tendency to slip down to my knuckle, but I guess my finger filled out as I wore it more and it's become a part of me now. I got a Tungsten-Carbide ring from overstockjeweler.com

You can find a BUNCH here

The one I got is here

I went to a local jeweler to get my finger sized, then ordered the ring online with that size. She was more than happy to size it for me, even though I told her I wasn't buying there.

Janus the Fox

I don't have the black ring, but I have my own symbol of Ace. I have purple, black, gray and white wrist bands instead. It seems more visible than the ring does. I do plan to wear Bi and/or Gay colours to promote the LGBT.

I have a black ring... but it won't fit on my middle finger so I wear it on my right ring finger. I couldn't find the right size in black for my middle finger, but they were just so cheap, I was there, and that was the first time I happened upon any in a long while. So I got one. I just wear it on a different finger.

Oh and mines just a cheap ring made from glass. It's pretty nice.

Alphaprocess

I was googling "asexual color wristbands" after looking at some of the postings here but it occurs to me there is a craft shop just down the hill from here and it should be possible - and satisfying - to make my own fabric strip wristband using things they sell.

I used to wear hematite rings (plural because I'd have a bunch and break them all), but then my jeweler friend made me a lovely silver ring with a black strip in the center, but then it got stolen, so now I have a $2 gas station mood ring that's bordered in black and on a black band... and the mood ring part's in the shape of a TINY ROBOT! Because I'm asexual! Like a robot! It's so cool! =D

DracoBorealis

Mine had to be cut off recently. I touched something I shouldn't have, and my hands swelled up like crazy. So, I'll be getting a new one.

Hmm. Nope. Doesn't sound like my kind of thing. I usually prefer to wear silver rings with dragons and stones on them~

UnderTheRose

I never had one to begin with but I really want one. One for both hands

I don't but I think its a great idea! I keep meaning to look for one, but I guess I'm just plain lazy...... But it's a great idea and I have a bad habit of obsessively scrutinising the middle finger of the right hand of everyone I see now!

Sometimes. I swap my black ring back and forth between my right ring finger and my left middle finger, depending what I'm doing, but sometimes it just gets in the way too much for me to wear it all the time. I'm also still getting used to wearing any kind of ring so, if I take it off to wash my hands or whatever, I often forget to put it back on.

I do, however, have an Ace of Spades pendant that I wear all the time, so even if I don't have my black ring on, I still have some kind of asexual symbol on me.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently started wearing a flat black ring again that I haven't worn for years, on my right middle finger, before I read this thread just today. Coincidence...? or freaky clairvoyant attunement with the ace community...??

• 2 months later...

I bought mine in September and haven't taken it off since (except to shower because I'm terrified of it getting slippery because of the soap and sliding off and down the drain). I wear mine on my left middle finger, though, because my class ring is on my right ring finger and the way they bumped against one another bothered the hell out of me. I know the answer is "take off the class ring" but it cost two hundred dollars and I just am not ready to part with it yet.

Anyway, for those looking, mine is this one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/350511711254?var=620028446945&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Comes in size five to thirteen, though they're men's rings so they run a bit bigger than I was used to (mine used to feel really big on my hand, now it just feels comfortably loose because I'm used to it)

• 4 weeks later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived