red_brick_dream

How Many Wear the Ring?  

1. 1. Do you wear the ring?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

This poll is closed to new votes

House of Chimeras

Yes I wear a black ring. HOWEVER, I was wearing a black ring long before I found out about the black ring for asexuality thing. Now the ring just has even more meaning to me. I wear it every single day at all times.

I've worn one since it arrived (on valentine's day). It has butterflies on it (because I collect butterfly jewelry), and I wear it constantly enough that if it's off for more than half an hour my finger gets so uncomfortable I have to put it back on.

always. I actually have that piece of skin under my ring several shades lighter than the rest of me xd

• 4 months later...

I'm looking for one. It sounds like a cool idea.

I'm going to. I wore a paper ring for the past couple of days to test whether or not I like the look of it on my finger, and I'm getting my ring size measured tomorrow. ^_^

I put no because I don't have one, and I can't find one. If I had one I would wear it everyday.

I voted no in the poll way back when, but I did cave and get a black ring a few weeks ago (it was the first time I'd set foot in a Hot Topic since I was about 13, which felt... odd). It has not changed my life, but I like the idea of someday exchanging a glance and a knowing nod with a fellow black ring-wearer on the L or something.

SquirrelCat

Yes! I wear it all the time, everyday, except when I sleep and cook.

jessicajade

I don't currently wear one, but I'm looking for one.

People who wear one, where did you get it!

I've just been looking on ebay and amazon at hematite ones. I like them, but I don't know if I should buy it from one of those sites, or look elsewhere. And there might be something else out there I like better!

I had a hard time finding one too. The nearest, cheapest solution I found was a big bundle of black and red rubber rings and bracelets at Hot Topic for $2 or $3. I figure I've got a bunch of spares if I lose one, and it'll suffice until I can find or feel like spending the money for a hematite one.

phoenixvillian

I have ordered mine -- a black tungsten ring -- and am expecting its arrival in the next day or two. It will be my only piece of jewelry unless you count the Timex watch on my wrist. Ttianium rings are also available but I already have enough titanium. In my case it is in the form of a rod, a plate, and six screws in my left humerous that I received after breaking the arm in a rollerblading accident last year! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Could the ring be worn on the ring finger instead of the middle? I already have rings that I wear on both middle fingers and would hate to have to choose between one of them and the black ring.

Well, even if other people don't/wouldn't recognize what it means on the ring finger, I'll know what it symbolizes. That way I can still wear/have one :)

I used to wear several hematite bands, on various fingers. Often the thumbs and middle fingers of both hands. So, interestingly, without ever knowing it, I may have, for years, been announcing myself as asexual completely unintentionally. Although I don't know if it would count or be seen as such if it's not the only ring of its kind being worn? No idea.

At any rate, the only problem I have with the hematite is that they're very brittle, and I'm pretty rough with my hands. I had around 15 of the rings that I had bought in a bunch, and over the years, eventually broke the last of them. Haven't found any new ones in a long time, and I miss them greatly.

I have always loved wearing rings though, and currently wear plain silver bands on my left thumb and middle finger, and my right index finger. I wanted to have thumb and middle finger on both hands again, but had only two of the silver rings, worn at the time on my left hand. Then when I went shopping for more of them, the sizes they had were only a fit for my right index finger (would have needed a size larger for thumb and/or middle finger). So no ring on my right middle finger at all, currently.

The Vampire Queen

I do. Mine's a simple hard plastic band. It's a placeholder until I have the money to get a really nice one.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on finding a small tungsten one. Hematite breaks too easy and I fiddle with those more than I wear them.

Love the idea!

I have one, but I don't wear it.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm a guy or if it's just me but rings don't feel right on me. But the one I have was only £1 which is pretty good.

No I don't.

Only ring I want on my finger is my engagement/wedding ring when my girlfriend asks me to marry her. :3

Winston Marrs

I only wear mine (stainless steel black band with 2 mirror skull and crossbones on it) when I am in social situations in hopes that someone else will recognize the meaning and start a conversation although the odds of that seems to be fairly slim. I dislike the idea of conformity on one hand but on the other it's a symbol that others can readily recognize if familiar with asexuality.

No, I don't wear any kind of rings. Probably I wouldn't wear a wedding ring either if I ever got married (which is highly unlikely).

I don´t wear a black ring. I think it´s not very useful for recognizing other aces because there are many people who are not aces and wear black rings just because they like black rings. It would be emberassing if I asked someone "Hey, so you are asexual, aren´t you?" And the answer would be "No" with a "you-must-be-crazy" look. :D

I think it would have to be very specific type of ring, for example black ring with a letter A - then it could be used for recognizing (but still there would be some space for confusion, like some people who like black rings and their name starts with A :lol: )

But I think the most of aces who wear black ring do it only for their good inner feeling and don´t expect to be recognized as aces.

I've switched from my hematite one, on the off chance the magnetic stuff messes something up that I'm holding, to one with a little lizard crawling on it. So...still wearing it.

I have 3 or 4 (none of which are completely black though). I wear one whenever I go out. Unless I'm going to Church or the beach or something.

I'm considering getting a tungsten carbide ring. I have considered drawing on my finger with permanent marker in the meantime, though.

DancingThroughTheShadows

I do wear all the time normally, but I put it down the other day and can't find it now :(

Archived