All About Binders

Sammie

Does anybody have a binder from LesLoveBoat? They seem to be the most affordable (not that I can afford it anyway, or get a binder anyway since I live with my mother and she is like "why don't you love your body?!").

I'm thin, but I have a DD chest, so I was looking at these two:

http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=78_80&products_id=93

http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=77_66&products_id=128

Any advice?

• 4 weeks later...

A warning about binding wrong (ace bandages, back braces, things not designed for it) or too long (too long being over years), apparently these are all risks (from a trans forum, the person posting it had first-hand accounts from transguys) :

• bruising and fracturing of ribs
  • pulmonary (lung ) problems
  • small vessel damge and tissue injury
  • back issues
  • low blood flow to the heart resulting in a mild heart attack
  • decreased lung compacity (lungs only functioning to 30 and 40 %)
  • binding, according to one doctor tends to throw clots out and in turn can be yet another (in addition to that low blood flow) cause of heart attacks
  • Costochondritis -an Inflamation of the ribs. The person who developed this condition also stated that after 6 years of binding his chest is completly deformed (the ribs are compressed into his lungs) and his doctor has great fear from the pockets of muscles that have shifted. (he only used underworks binders)
  • cut of the blood flow through the lymph-nodes in the breast area. This could cause clots, damage to your circulation and lead to lymphatic cancer due to the bacteria build up and clogging of the lymph-nodes. There have been reports about clots, blood clots and lack or circulation causing numbness and permanent loss of sensation in the breast/chest area

Definitely be careful with this.

How the *swearword* am i supposed to convince my mother now? :(

Does anybody have a binder from LesLoveBoat? They seem to be the most affordable (not that I can afford it anyway, or get a binder anyway since I live with my mother and she is like "why don't you love your body?!").

I'm thin, but I have a DD chest, so I was looking at these two:

http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=78_80&products_id=93

http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=77_66&products_id=128

Any advice?

I get that all the *swearword* time! I was talking with a (female) friend of mine some days ago, and she said: "I can't understand why you want to hide them!" Just :mad: :mad: :mad:

I made this tread so of cause I DON'T like them

• 1 year later...

I still am unsure where I stand. It's like I'm a secret binder. For the past few years, I've liked to do it by myself sometimes, but I've only done it in public once or twice. I like how it looks and how it feels (aside from the pains), but it's not like I want to do it all the time. It's like... sometimes I want to and sometimes I don't. I've had this problem with how I dress for ages. (One day, pretty skirts and lace, next day baggy cargo pants [<3] and a t shirt. One day bright rainbows, next day black), but somehow I feel that losing and regaining boobs every few days would be pushing that a little far. Oh well. Maybe I'll just keep binding in secret (is that odd? Why bind in secret? Oh well, I need to learn to accept my little strange habits)

HAHAHA XD I have always felt the same way ^w^ i kinda didnt know where I stood but, like many people, Aven has really helped me feel like im not a freak. I like having breasts but every now and then I just want them to disappear! Im still trying to anty up the courage to buy a binder for myself.

Great Thief Yatagarasu

From what I've seen, the website T-Kingdom do some good ones. I keep seeing recommendations for their binders, anyway.

A warning about binding wrong (ace bandages, back braces, things not designed for it) or too long (too long being over years), apparently these are all risks (from a trans forum, the person posting it had first-hand accounts from transguys) :

• bruising and fracturing of ribs
  • pulmonary (lung ) problems
  • small vessel damge and tissue injury
  • back issues
  • low blood flow to the heart resulting in a mild heart attack
  • decreased lung compacity (lungs only functioning to 30 and 40 %)
  • binding, according to one doctor tends to throw clots out and in turn can be yet another (in addition to that low blood flow) cause of heart attacks
  • Costochondritis -an Inflamation of the ribs. The person who developed this condition also stated that after 6 years of binding his chest is completly deformed (the ribs are compressed into his lungs) and his doctor has great fear from the pockets of muscles that have shifted. (he only used underworks binders)
  • cut of the blood flow through the lymph-nodes in the breast area. This could cause clots, damage to your circulation and lead to lymphatic cancer due to the bacteria build up and clogging of the lymph-nodes. There have been reports about clots, blood clots and lack or circulation causing numbness and permanent loss of sensation in the breast/chest area

Definitely be careful with this.

How the *swearword* am i supposed to convince my mother now? :(

Literally, those downsides only come from if you try and bind in ways other than a proper binder, like using bandages or duct tape and other similar things. Only use a binder, and don't wear them for more than 8 hours a day. That's all - otherwise you're fine.

Archived