Age Barrier

Huggs

Do you find age to be a barrier in the search for someone ?

I myself tend to look in a ten year age range, either side of my own actual age. but also feel that if two people hit it off , as it were , that age shouldn't be a barrier, How about you?

I don't mind the age when I'm talking about friends. Hell, I'm 21 and my best friend is 73 this year. When I'm thinking about a life partner, yeah, I'd prefer someone closer to my age.

for some reason, I (a 19 year old) keep getting 14/15 year old guys hitting on me - do not want. I have an acceptable age range of 19-20 so pretty tight

i have a friend of mine who is in a relationship with a man 40 years her senior and they had a positive relationship for awhile. they are no longer in a relationship because they both consented that it wasn't going to last very long and the younger one had to focus on her future.. but it wasn't pedophilia and they are still friends to this day. so i guess it all depends on the situation.

i tend to look for someone my age, but i've had interesting, positive moments with other ages as well that have made myself think about such things as mostly just a number.

My age range is 25-33. I like the weird odd number, and cutting it off before too high an age prevents the... erm, other people who've hit on me from yeah.. doing it again hopefully.

I myself tend to look in a ten year age range, either side of my own actual age. but also feel that if two people hit it off , as it were , that age shouldn't be a barrier, How about you?

Nope, not remotely!

My future spouse is 4 and a half years younger (almost to the day!)... but my dearest partner, who was second only to my fiancee in closeness, was at least 50 years my senior. I don't know exactly how much older he was, because he told everyone he was "112" and although I helped organize many of his records, I never saw any document that listed his date of birth. All I know is that he fought in WWII, and has a brother who was born in 1928 (he was a Congressman, and I was therefor able to get this information from Wikipedia :P ).

For me, age is the least of my concerns when finding romantic partners or bonds closer than what the word "friendship" necessarily entails in our language/culture. I also have "as close as a blood sibling" friendship bonds with a handful of kids who range in age from 9 to 18 -- though obviously I would never EVER allow any interaction between us that was not completely platonic. Unlike my older companions, I really do view them exactly the same way I view my blood siblings, though at the same time there is a difference in our relationship because my siblings are close enough to my age that we never really started to be honest about ourselves with each other until very recently, while these "little sisters/brothers" DO sometimes confide in me in a way my siblings never did, because I am an objective party in their troubles, especially with their parents.

I was recently in a relationship with a 14 year old girls, I am 19! It was the talk of the town for a while!

KieranTheWerewolf42

I almost never look at someone's age as a factor. I wouldn't date someone as old as my grandfather, but I wouldn't say no to someone in their thirties. I look more at someone's personality rather than their age.

I'll admit I do look at age when it comes to romantic relationships but its more of a maturity level thing. Someone who's 20 and someone who's 30 is going to be at 2 very different places in there lives usually. I'm 33 and tend to try sticking with 30-50 range.

For friendship, age is not a barrier for me.

For relationships, I think I would look for people up to 6 years older than me or 2 years younger.

I don't think age plays a roll at all-- for me anyway.

With friends, I tend to have them ranging from 18-40+.

I'm 22.

For relationships-- I can't exactly control who I'm attracted to; I've dated people from one month younger than my current age, to someone that was 39.

I think that if I can get along with the person, age really doesn't mean a thing-- it's just a number. I will admit, I tend to get along better with those that are about 30+ for some reason.

The relationship with the 39 year old was actually really great until it turned out he was more immature than I was. :\

For friendship age is nothing.

For that someone special ? Well there was 11 years between my parents so I am very open to age being no barrier to happiness.

Though I always heard that after the age of 25 you are suppose to use the rule = Half you age + 7 as the minimum age to be involved with. I reckon that is full of crap but I have heard it many times recently.

For friendship age is nothing.

For that someone special ? Well there was 11 years between my parents so I am very open to age being no barrier to happiness.

Though I always heard that after the age of 25 you are suppose to use the rule = Half you age + 7 as the minimum age to be involved with. I reckon that is full of crap but I have heard it many times recently.

O_O!!

I've never heard of that..

It reminds me of..

You know what they say about a guy with BIG FEET???

..Large shoes..

:o !!!

..Large shoes..

Large socks as well ;)

I can't date younger guys. It just feels wrong! Which is a shame, because I look a lot younger than I am and constantly get 19-23 year olds hitting on me (by "constantly" I mean, the few times a guy hits on me he's likely to be in that age range). I'm 27, so just no. Ideally I'd like to be dating someone at least five years older than me though. Probably somewhere between 5-15.

..Large shoes..

Large socks as well ;)

I like the way you think.... haha :P

For friendship, age is not a barrier for me.

For relationships, I think I would look for people up to 6 years older than me or 2 years younger.

i aslo think that age is doesn't matter for friendship,but for relashionships,i think it's easier to have someone closer your age,couse you have more common interests and stuff :3

The MoUsY spell-checker
i aslo think that age is doesn't matter for friendship,but for relashionships,i think it's easier to have someone closer your age,couse you have more common interests and stuff :3

Other than online friends in other countries, all the people I know who really have a lot in common with me are at least twice my age.

Then again, I don't want a romantic relationship anyway, so it's not a problem for me.

It's not age. It's how the person carries themselves. I can be friends with someone who's 15 to someone who's 45. It's how mature the person is. Age is just a number.

I notice I tend to end up liking people who are older than me though. I would prefer someone who knows what they want. I don't want to start a relationship with someone female who isn't sure she likes or is attracted women. There would be so many issues down the road because all her life she's believed herself to be straight and therefore should like men. So if I dated a woman, I'd want one already 'out'.

In the end, age doesn't matter because each individual person is different. Maturity and age do not go hand in hand all the time, if at all.

I just want to find someone who won't die before me. -__-

If you mean die of old age, then date someone older by like 5-10 years. LoL~ Because otherwise, you can't know when someone will kick the bucket. What if someone gets hit by an ice cream truck tomorrow (ignoring the fact that there aren't any ice cream trucks driving in the winter time)? :P

I feel it shouldn't be in theory, but at the same time interests etc tend to be different at different ages in my experience. I try and keep an open mind though. I feel it matters far less for friendships than for romantic relationships, but my age range is pretty broad if it comes down to that as well. I try and see the person, not the age.

a.sex.pistols

Romantically, I am more interested in people around my own age range. I'll be friends with anyone regardless of age though. :)

Romantically, I don't want much older than 25 and younger than 15.

Friend-wise, any age is fine.

Ah, yes... clarification... Someone who will not die before I do when we've become old and decrepit. I'd do better with someone older than me, or at least a person who is responsible and mature... but I'd go into helpless mode if the person dies on me due to old age. -__-

Sure, one never knows when they will die... but... I go for whatever leaves better chances. I want us to die at the same time, darn it! >__< If a significant other died before me, I just might follow... O.o...

I wish my kitteh would live as long as a human... -__-

Maybe you can find someone who wants to end their time on earth at the same time as you, after a long and healthy life, of course. Personally, I can't imagine living beyond 90. I mean at that age, what can I do besides walk half a kilometer an hour, squinting out of my inch-thick glasses, saying, "Whaaaaat? Speak up, sonny! I can't hear you!" :P

About your kitty living as long as a human: Awwww!!

Archived