What about NO romance?

freewaydog

shiroishiryo

Well I WOULD mind being in a romantic relationship because it would be too unnatural for me. & if that makes me a cold hard person, TOUGH! Maybe I SHOULD be more cold & not so warm! This way, ppl would stop taking advantage of me! :(

I tried that in middle and high school when I thought I was aromantic (though I was no where even close to getting my hands on the terminology). It didn't turn out particularly well, though. I know it's hard, but be yourself and the people who are worthy of being your friends will accept you for who you are. As for your roommate, tell them that you're not forcing them to not be in a relationship, so they should keep their nose out of your business. Ugh, I've had my share of roommate disagreements, so I'm there with ya. Good luck!

Decisive Pink

To me, aromantic asexuals make more sense than romantic asexuals.

I always hated the term homosexual, b/c it implied that it was all about the sex, when really it was only a small part. An impotent gay guy would still be gay. Homosexual guys want to be with other guys in every sense of the word, not just the sexual one. So to me asexuals would be fairly aromantic too. It just makes more sense that way to me.

Of course I'm probably about as aromantic as I am asexual, which might have a lot to do with the way I see asexuality.

Thanks. I don't think there is any getting thru to my roommate, but she had best keep her ugly nose out of my business!

Well I WOULD mind being in a romantic relationship because it would be too unnatural for me. & if that makes me a cold hard person, TOUGH! Maybe I SHOULD be more cold & not so warm! This way, ppl would stop taking advantage of me! :(

I tried that in middle and high school when I thought I was aromantic (though I was no where even close to getting my hands on the terminology). It didn't turn out particularly well, though. I know it's hard, but be yourself and the people who are worthy of being your friends will accept you for who you are. As for your roommate, tell them that you're not forcing them to not be in a relationship, so they should keep their nose out of your business. Ugh, I've had my share of roommate disagreements, so I'm there with ya. Good luck!

I know we all don't do sex here pretty much but I also know that even though there is no sex involved, that most of you have or wish to have romantic partners, albeit nonsexual. What about someone like me who does NOT wish for a romantic relationship, let alone sex? It may be part of my AS, I don't know, but whatever it is, I am more than happy NOT to have nor want/need a romantic partner of any kind! Why should I have to "be in love"????? Ppl think that is terrible of me, like as if I had slayed their firstborn, or something! I think I get more negative feedback then if I were actually gay! I mean, when ppl ask me if I have a boyfriend or why I don't want one, or whatever, they say either something is wrong w/ me, or I am just to prudish & rigid, or they even get really ballsy & call me a "Lesbian" & laugh at me & how weird they think I am! I am NOT gay, nor straight! I even had a crazy f---'d up social worker who accused my late father of molesting me & when I told her "Never!", she insisted "Yes!" Doesn't anyone get me? Or will I even be ostracized here for not even desiring an ounce of romance???

I currently don't want to date anyone. (I'm demisexual, so who knows if that will change). I don't understand why everyone wants to date though because it really does inhibit you. I feel like I have more freedom alone. I shall now make a comprehensive list of why.

-You don't have to expend energy maintaining a relationship. Friends are one thing, but relationships are another level of complicated.

-You don't have to waste time obsessing over another person.

-You don't have to waste time dealing with painful break-ups.

-You don't have to worry about fights.

-You aren't tied down to one place because you're tied to another person.

-You don't have to worry about saying something offensive.

-You don't have to worry about their judgments and opinions. For example, if I ever make a webcomic I can run amok without worrying that a significant other will disapprove of something I say or the story's plot. I can break into a wash and not deal with someone's disapproval tomorrow. This is kind of hard to explain, but it's important to me.

-I can run around town without stopping suddenly to go see them.

-Basically, I can live my life without rearranging it for someone else.

I'm sure relationships have their own benefits like mutual support and companionship, but you'd think people would be more understanding given the advantages of not being in one. I'm afraid some people might get more defensive if it's pointed out to them though.

But hey, I'm freeee. Free in a way people who date aren't.

And my Roommate from HELL, the TANTRUM QUEEN blew a fit on me, one of the reasons is cuz I don't date/screw!

It's not so much that I'm opposed to relationships. It's just that I'm opposed to most things we associate with romance and love.

Archived