What does it mean to be a "gray" asexual?

I was just wondering because I've seen this term, but I haven't found out what it means...

Also, what is a demisexual?

Essentially, a grey asexual is someone who either doesn't fit the definition fully but identifies as asexual because for most practical purposes they are or fits the definition fully but prefers to distance themselves from it because they think it's too vague. I'm one of the latter.

I'm gray asexual not asexual. I have sexual desire and attraction but i just don't feel the need to act out.

I guess that would make me a gray A then since I don't feel the need to act on my urges.

• 2 years later...

I'm gray asexual not asexual. I have sexual desire and attraction but i just don't feel the need to act out.

I'm gray-a too, and what newgirl just said is defintely what I could say gray asexuals are.

gray-A is simply someone who is too asexual to be sexual and too sexual to be asexual. :D

In my case it means I have very rare ability to feel sexual attraction to someone - I know for sure about one person so far. And even when sexual attraction is here I would be OK only with very limited number of sexual practices.

Low libido isn´t the case of my rare sexual attraction. I have pretty high one and it works all the time but in normal case it´s not focused on other people.

Vampyremage

Holy thread resurrection :excl:

Took the words right from me :D

This thread has been dead for over two years, so it is being locked. Please do not revive old threads. If you wish to continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

Strivna

Asexual Q&A Moderator