Asexual Celebrities

G_BOAA

Hello all!

I am surprised that this topic has not come up in the past. I had a quick rummage through the archives of threads and I could not find this topic brought up. However if anyone knows of any threads that deal with this issue please bring that to my attention and feel free to put this one to sleep!

So the thread title is self explanatory in my view: Is there any well known celebrities that have publicly identified as asexual?]

Thanks in advance!

GaZettemydrug

I don't know thats a good question now I am wondering and going to go search for some i will let you know what I find out

GaZettemydrug
Hello all!

I am surprised that this topic has not come up in the past. I had a quick rummage through the archives of threads and I could not find this topic brought up. However if anyone knows of any threads that deal with this issue please bring that to my attention and feel free to put this one to sleep!

So the thread title is self explanatory in my view: Is there any well known celebrities that have publicly identified as asexual?]

Thanks in advance!

Okay so 2 names that I have found to be asexuals that i have multiple sorces on are nikola tesla, and isaac newton

GaZettemydrug
Hello all!

Thanks in advance!

Okay so 2 names that I have found to be asexuals that i have multiple sorces on are nikola tesla, and isaac newton

Also George washington carver, H.P. Lovecraft, J.M. Barrie, Immanuel Kant, Edward Gorey, Keri Hulme, Jorge Luis Borges, Henry Cavendish, Maurice Ravel, T.E. Lawrence, António de Oliveira Salazar, Glenn Gould, Marlene Dietrich, John Ruskin, Ralph Nadar, George bernard shaw, Paula Poundstone

Guest member25959

I think a few threads like this have come up in the past?

But, quoted from Wikipedia, here a some famous asexual celebrities:

Gerald Tippett, character from the New Zealand drama series Shortland Street.[28]

Sheldon Cooper, character from the American sitcom The Big Bang Theory[29]

The Doctor, A character from the popular British science fiction series Doctor Who. The Doctor often travels with attractive young women (and men), but has never had a relationship with any of them. The Doctor's joys are science, natural beauty, and adventure.[30] [31]

Spongebob Squarepants was also said to be Asexual by his creator. And I've heard a few stories about Michael Jackson being asexual

Thanks for the info guys!! Some very interesting names there!!

Hello all!

Thanks in advance!

Also George washington carver, H.P. Lovecraft, J.M. Barrie, Immanuel Kant, Edward Gorey, Keri Hulme, Jorge Luis Borges, Henry Cavendish, Maurice Ravel, T.E. Lawrence, António de Oliveira Salazar, Glenn Gould, Marlene Dietrich, John Ruskin, Ralph Nadar, George bernard shaw, Paula Poundstone

i'm thinking emily dickinson also

maybe i'm wrong

• 1 year later...
Violet_Rain

I know the singer/violinist Emilie Autumn identifies as asexual. She's what prompted me to try and find out more about asexuality and how I got onto AVEN. I sort of had a suspicion I was asexual before I'd ever even heard of her, but I don't think I would have ever thought to research it more if it hadn't been for her.

Also, some people think the former British Prime Minister Ted Heath may have been asexual. It was my history teacher saying that that made me realise I might be asexual in the first place.

How many of those people have been open about it, or is it all just speculation? Sure, it would be nice to include someone like Isaac Newton, but is there actually any proof that he's asexual. Just because he didn't get married doesn't mean that he's asexual. That same evidence could be used to "prove" that he was a closeted gay or that he chose to be celibate and channel his energy into his work or that he had issues with his mother and hated women.

But still, it is fun to think of him sitting under the tree, saying something like, "Sex? No thanks. I'm too busy DISCOVERING GRAVITY to care about that silly nonsense."

According to QI, Newton was gay and had a boyfriend.

I read an article in a magazine about a year ago wherin the author suggested Oprah might be asexual. But as far as I know there's been no official word on that.

• 2 years later...
I am Sherlocked

The only asexual celebs I know for sure are Morrissey, Michael Jackson (He never had sex with his wife, she was insiminated to have his children), Tim Gunn and Emlie Autumn.

Archived