G_BOAA

Asexy

• AVEN Members
  • 464 posts
  • Pronouns:Neutral pronouns please
  • A/Sexuality:Demisexual

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

Hello all!

I am surprised that this topic has not come up in the past. I had a quick rummage through the archives of threads and I could not find this topic brought up. However if anyone knows of any threads that deal with this issue please bring that to my attention and feel free to put this one to sleep!

So the thread title is self explanatory in my view: Is there any well known celebrities that have publicly identified as asexual?]

Thanks in advance!
  • Critter1973 likes this
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Cerebrum

Cerebrum

Asexy A-postle

• AVEN Members
  • 581 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:55 PM

Here are some well-known asexuals.
  • Critter1973 likes this
"Being in love was like China: you knew it was there, and no doubt it was very interesting, and some people went there, but I never would. I'd spend all my life without ever going to China, but it wouldn't matter, because there was all the rest of the world to visit." -- Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

#3 GaZettemydrug

GaZettemydrug

• AVEN Members
  • 28 posts
  • A/Sexuality:asexual

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

I don't know thats a good question now I am wondering and going to go search for some i will let you know what I find out

#4 GaZettemydrug

GaZettemydrug

• AVEN Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

Hello all!

I am surprised that this topic has not come up in the past. I had a quick rummage through the archives of threads and I could not find this topic brought up. However if anyone knows of any threads that deal with this issue please bring that to my attention and feel free to put this one to sleep!

So the thread title is self explanatory in my view: Is there any well known celebrities that have publicly identified as asexual?]

Thanks in advance!

Okay so 2 names that I have found to be asexuals that i have multiple sorces on are nikola tesla, and isaac newton

#5 GaZettemydrug

GaZettemydrug

• AVEN Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

Hello all!

Thanks in advance!

Okay so 2 names that I have found to be asexuals that i have multiple sorces on are nikola tesla, and isaac newton

Also George washington carver, H.P. Lovecraft, J.M. Barrie, Immanuel Kant, Edward Gorey, Keri Hulme, Jorge Luis Borges, Henry Cavendish, Maurice Ravel, T.E. Lawrence, António de Oliveira Salazar, Glenn Gould, Marlene Dietrich, John Ruskin, Ralph Nadar, George bernard shaw, Paula Poundstone

#6 Angelnoir

Angelnoir

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

Look at this thread: http://www.asexualit...showtopic=45208
There's a link to another thread of the same nature. :)
He did not defend himself
He didn't even raise his hand
I will not beg because
This is how I am

#7 Arca nine Huggles

Arca nine Huggles

Hint: That was sarcasm

• Project Team
  • 14,722 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic Asexual

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:16 PM

I think a few threads like this have come up in the past?

But, quoted from Wikipedia, here a some famous asexual celebrities:

Gerald Tippett, character from the New Zealand drama series Shortland Street.[28]

Sheldon Cooper, character from the American sitcom The Big Bang Theory[29]

The Doctor, A character from the popular British science fiction series Doctor Who. The Doctor often travels with attractive young women (and men), but has never had a relationship with any of them. The Doctor's joys are science, natural beauty, and adventure.[30] [31]

Spongebob Squarepants was also said to be Asexual by his creator. And I've heard a few stories about Michael Jackson being asexual
Posted Image
Hey, we've got a Wiki, yay! Check it out, man!Arca's vaguely useful FAQ...
Q: "What's that pink PT thing?" - A:
Project Team, hnnnng
Q: "What do these guys do?" - A:
Projects, duh
Q: "What do you do??" - A: ... Wiki and email stuff (apparently!)

#8 G_BOAA

G_BOAA

Asexy

• AVEN Members
  • 464 posts
  • Pronouns:Neutral pronouns please
  • A/Sexuality:Demisexual

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the info guys!! Some very interesting names there!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 iff

iff

AVENistor

• AVEN Members
  • 4,284 posts
  • Gender:maybe demi. maybe further than demi from my bio. i am not 100% sure.
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual with romantic attraction towards females.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

Hello all!

Thanks in advance!

Also George washington carver, H.P. Lovecraft, J.M. Barrie, Immanuel Kant, Edward Gorey, Keri Hulme, Jorge Luis Borges, Henry Cavendish, Maurice Ravel, T.E. Lawrence, António de Oliveira Salazar, Glenn Gould, Marlene Dietrich, John Ruskin, Ralph Nadar, George bernard shaw, Paula Poundstone

i'm thinking emily dickinson also

maybe i'm wrong
please note that the above post may not be intended to be taken seriously. although it might be. which is it? guess.
although this smilie :D is an indicator that it shouldn't be taken seriously.

book lists 2010 2011 2012

#10 Bonza

Bonza

A-Mazing

• AVEN Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

One of the world's most renowned composers, Maurice Ravel, is suspected by some to have been asexual.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Maurice_Ravel
"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly"

#11 xscoutx

xscoutx

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

Morrissey!
x straight edge x

#12 Violet_Rain

Violet_Rain

Amoeba

• AVEN Members
  • 65 posts
  • A/Sexuality:AA

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

I know the singer/violinist Emilie Autumn identifies as asexual. She's what prompted me to try and find out more about asexuality and how I got onto AVEN. I sort of had a suspicion I was asexual before I'd ever even heard of her, but I don't think I would have ever thought to research it more if it hadn't been for her.

Also, some people think the former British Prime Minister Ted Heath may have been asexual. It was my history teacher saying that that made me realise I might be asexual in the first place.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened." - Douglas Adams

~~~

http://blueneutrino.deviantart.com/
http://indigoneutrino.livejournal.com/

#13 Redbeard

Redbeard

Mitosis to the Max

• AVEN Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

How many of those people have been open about it, or is it all just speculation? Sure, it would be nice to include someone like Isaac Newton, but is there actually any proof that he's asexual. Just because he didn't get married doesn't mean that he's asexual. That same evidence could be used to "prove" that he was a closeted gay or that he chose to be celibate and channel his energy into his work or that he had issues with his mother and hated women.

But still, it is fun to think of him sitting under the tree, saying something like, "Sex? No thanks. I'm too busy DISCOVERING GRAVITY to care about that silly nonsense."
  • bergochdalvana likes this
Operator of AsexualityArchive.com | Author of Asexuality: A Brief Introduction

public override void SexualAttraction(Person b) { throw new NotImplementedException(); }

#14 Laramie

Laramie

Amoeba

• AVEN Members
  • 51 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Repulsed Ace, Aromantic

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

According to QI, Newton was gay and had a boyfriend.

#15 Osek

Osek

Amoeba

• AVEN Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

I read an article in a magazine about a year ago wherin the author suggested Oprah might be asexual. But as far as I know there's been no official word on that.
Life needs to be more like the Sims.

#16 I am Sherlocked

I am Sherlocked

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 125 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual/Hetero-romantic

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

The only asexual celebs I know for sure are Morrissey, Michael Jackson (He never had sex with his wife, she was insiminated to have his children), Tim Gunn and Emlie Autumn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users