Gender LOLs

KayleeSaeihr

KayleeSaeihr

:D

Thanks! I made that shirt :)

(haven't bought it yet though :( )

Makes me want one that says, "Under Deconstruction"!

*takes notes*

:D

Thanks! I made that shirt :)

(haven't bought it yet though :( )

Makes me want one that says, "Under Deconstruction"!

With a trans-symbol that makes me think of bad bottom surgery! :blink:

KayleeSaeihr

OK, it isn't a lot of "LOL", but I think it belongs somewhere.

map%2Bof%2Bpatriarchyf%C3%A4rg.jpg

I actually find parts of that offensive...

But anyways :P

I actually find parts of that offensive...

But anyways :P

Agreed. How comes there's a sisterhood close to the city of equality but no brotherhood?

How comes everything male is but on the negative side of the river?

How comes there is no attention paid to the fact that sexism discriminates everyone, not just women?

Why is all gender presented as a part of sexism?

How comes there are no women in the land of sexism, as if women are not sexist?

I could go on.

I AM a feminist, but I find this representation to be wrong in many ways.

KayleeSaeihr

And what's wrong with male bonding?

KayleeSaeihr

300mg or Ritalin!?

When I was on ritalin I took 30mg a day.

Awesome comic! Where's it from?

I tend to think all men* are boys trapped in men's bodies. Possibily all women are girls, if so, they're better at hiding it.

*male-identified, which is what I mean when I say all men.

Typical Power

Awesome comic! Where's it from?

I tend to think all men* are boys trapped in men's bodies. Possibily all women are girls, if so, they're better at hiding it.

*male-identified, which is what I mean when I say all men.

The comic is from this series of rather Morbid Doctor jokes called Lucid TV.

You can see them on this website:

http://www.lucid-tv.com/

However the website is.... Interesting....

Most of everything is links to bizarre stuff.

There is an archive if you scroll down.

Like the comic - except the Ritalin bit. 300mg?! Sure way to drop dead of an heart attack or something. That's waaayyy too much!

And I don't get it either. What's ADHD got to do with gender dysphoria?

OK, I'm transgendered and have ADHD and Asperger's, but they aren't generally comorbid...

Typical Power

Like the comic - except the Ritalin bit. 300mg?! Sure way to drop dead of an heart attack or something. That's waaayyy too much!

OK, I'm transgendered and have ADHD and Asperger's, but they aren't generally comorbid...

Absolutely nothing.

Although that's how medicine works in Lucid TV, hehe....

Absolutely nothing.

Although that's how medicine works in Lucid TV, hehe....

Yeah, I know... The sum of intelligence available on earth is constant - but the world's population is growing... ;)

*steps into one of my fave threads* 8)

300mg or Ritalin!?

Eeps. I was on 10 mg/day, but that was in the 60's.

*curious about any ADHD/transgender correlation*

None, perhaps?

*goes back to reading comics*

*steps into one of my fave threads* 8)

300mg or Ritalin!?

Eeps. I was on 10 mg/day, but that was in the 60's.

*curious about any ADHD/transgender correlation*

None, perhaps?

*goes back to reading comics*

I don't think there is a (true) ADHD/Transgender correlation. There are some, sure. But there are transgendered people with diabetes or myopia, too...

300mg of MPH would cause serious problems in anybody. There are a few people who allegedly take up to 90-100 mg per day. Most take far less. While dosage does not really correlate with weight and the rates of metabolism show high variability, the average dose per day is most likely to be something around 20-60 mg, I guess (I may look it up later).

I take 40mg/day :)

KayleeSaeihr
gendering-children-kids-tv-shows-have-horrible-messages-demotivational-poster-1269096608.jpg
Elliott Ford

That comic is great! And I kind of want to play trucks now, lol.

I got a toy truck with my name on it :D

And I'm autistic, dyslexic, dyspraxic, I have Irlen Syndrome, mild synasthesia, suspected OCD... And I'm trans. And really doubt my being trans is at all connected with me not being neurotypical.

Elliott, you must be my lost brother or at least closely related ;) We have so much in common!

I don't see a connection with my non-NT stuff (ADHD, Aspie) and my transidentity. My psych says the same. And I don't see my asexuality connected with my trans*ness, either.

ChildOfTheLight

I don't think there is a (true) ADHD/Transgender correlation. There are some, sure. But there are transgendered people with diabetes or myopia, too...

Very disproportionately many of this one, based on my small and probably biased sample.

There seem to be disproportionately many MtF transsexual people involved in computer-related fields as well.

Professor T. Pollution

Hah, I've got some personal stories to add here. I'm FtM, for some context.

I go to a high school with 4000 students, so there's a lot of anonymity. Now, there are big burly security guards on campus to enforce the rules, and one of them saw me open a door onto campus for a student (it's locked so that students can't get in). It's a bizarre and useless rule, so nobody obeys it...but this time I got caught. The guard called out, "Sir, don't open that door!" I shrugged and nodded, and kept walking. He wasn't finished, and he called out, "Sir! Er, ma'am?" Just then, a pair of really "ghetto" African American guys walked by, and they started harassing the security guard...because they thought it was "hella rude to call that boy [me] a girl." Needless to say, that guard gave me no more trouble. XD

I take a PE class, and we're required to wear shorts. One day, there was a new student in the class and I happened to be wearing rainbow socks. She took one look at me, and said, "Oh yeah, my friend said there was a gay guy in this class..." I cracked up, and she just stared at me in confusion.

Hah, I've got some personal stories to add here. I'm FtM, for some context.

I go to a high school with 4000 students, so there's a lot of anonymity. Now, there are big burly security guards on campus to enforce the rules, and one of them saw me open a door onto campus for a student (it's locked so that students can't get in). It's a bizarre and useless rule, so nobody obeys it...but this time I got caught. The guard called out, "Sir, don't open that door!" I shrugged and nodded, and kept walking. He wasn't finished, and he called out, "Sir! Er, ma'am?" Just then, a pair of really "ghetto" African American guys walked by, and they started harassing the security guard...because they thought it was "hella rude to call that boy [me] a girl." Needless to say, that guard gave me no more trouble. XD

I take a PE class, and we're required to wear shorts. One day, there was a new student in the class and I happened to be wearing rainbow socks. She took one look at me, and said, "Oh yeah, my friend said there was a gay guy in this class..." I cracked up, and she just stared at me in confusion.

I went to a high school with 4000 kids, so it makes me happy to imagine you going to a school like mine and that happening. lol. I like those stories.

129153918411589270.jpg

This restaurant has a funny way of working a third gender into their pricing system.

Darkfire Prophet

Doctors get a kickback for perscribing ritalin.

BTW, ritalin is a horible mind F'ing drug. I was on that for year before I got smart and refused to take the pills, then I got put on some other crap that is also used a diet pill, and then I lost a bunch of weight as still couldn't meet the stupid arbitrary requirements the psychitrists wanted. I then found Caffeine, it kept me awake and focused, and it gave me even more excuse to drink coffee and energy drinks.

+1 for men being boys on the inside, you should seem my mad lego skills. What do you get when you cross and X-wing with a pirateship, Pure undiluted awsome, that's what, then I'm going to add a castle parapet and and some wheels too. Oh mah goods, then with the wheels I could have it pulled by a dinosaur. Yes, Dinosaur powered Spacepiratecastleship, crewed by monkeys, with cannons that shoot zombies, and the monkeys are cyborgs, with chainsaws, and then darth vader and batman duel on the bridge with lightsabers and the ship hits a submarine and the joker/luke skywalker come out (hey both mark hamill), and then the dinosaur freaks out from all the awesome going on behind him and he's all like wow all this awesome is bite-size to me cause I'm a dInosaur "RAWR", and then they turn darth back into anakin and load him up in the cannon and the dinosaur explodes from all the angsty emo-ness that anakin just shoved down his throat, and then batman is alone against the 2 mark hamills, and robin shows up and is all like, "sweet asparagus batman, two mark hamills", and the mark hamills push robin into the water where he gets eaten by sharks, and the robin that got eaten was totally Dick Grayson, because he was lame but the others are way to lame to even mention by name, batman is f'n ninja all in black, why does he have freakin' Christmas McRed&Green twink with him, that makes hiding harder unless your in a macy's parade. Then the sharks are all like that was good, I would sure love some jedi for desert and batman being the ever helpful guy kicks luke hamill in, but he uses the force to pull batman in with him, and now the Joker has Spacepiratecastleship crewed by cyborg chainsaw monkies.

That is going to be a movie, I swear. Maybe I do need ritalin.

Hallucigenia

+1 for men being boys on the inside, you should seem my mad lego skills. What do you get when you cross and X-wing with a pirateship, Pure undiluted awsome, that's what, then I'm going to add a castle parapet and and some wheels too. Oh mah goods, then with the wheels I could have it pulled by a dinosaur. Yes, Dinosaur powered Spacepiratecastleship, crewed by monkeys, with cannons that shoot zombies, and the monkeys are cyborgs, with chainsaws, and then darth vader and batman duel on the bridge with lightsabers and the ship hits a submarine and the joker/luke skywalker come out (hey both mark hamill), and then the dinosaur freaks out from all the awesome going on behind him and he's all like wow all this awesome is bite-size to me cause I'm a dInosaur "RAWR", and then they turn darth back into anakin and load him up in the cannon and the dinosaur explodes from all the angsty emo-ness that anakin just shoved down his throat, and then batman is alone against the 2 mark hamills, and robin shows up and is all like, "sweet asparagus batman, two mark hamills", and the mark hamills push robin into the water where he gets eaten by sharks, and the robin that got eaten was totally Dick Grayson, because he was lame but the others are way to lame to even mention by name, batman is f'n ninja all in black, why does he have freakin' Christmas McRed&Green twink with him, that makes hiding harder unless your in a macy's parade. Then the sharks are all like that was good, I would sure love some jedi for desert and batman being the ever helpful guy kicks luke hamill in, but he uses the force to pull batman in with him, and now the Joker has Spacepiratecastleship crewed by cyborg chainsaw monkies.

That there? That was awesome. XD

Ok, the following happened at the Monday night pub quiz which I get coerced into going:-

Quiz Master: And what is your team name ?

Team Captain: Transsexual Rooster

QM: *slightly puzzled* Excuse me ?

TC: Himalaya

ba dum ching ...

Well I thought it was hilarious ....

Archived