How many different kinds of asexual’s are there?

Over the last few days I’ve been reading many of the questions posted on this site and I have become curious to how many kinds of asexuals there are? there seems to be ones who date and have sex yet still call themselves asexuals (don’t ask me how) and then there are asexuals who try sex but don’t continue with it there are also asexuals who masturbate how many asexuals are there like who fit in those category ? And how many asexuals out there are like me who havnt had sex and don’t masturbate and don’t desire a romantic relationship or sexual one and are the ones like me the only true asexuals?

Read the AVEN FAQs. Asexual is defined as someone who doesn't experience sexual attraction to another person. It has nothing to do with any of the other variables you mention. I'm asexual and I had sex and relationships for just about all my life. It wasn't fun, but I did it.

It isn't what you do, it's what you don't feel.

Haha dont attempt to put people down by suddenly assuming u know what asexuality the very thought would mean that by some miracle some ingenius stroke of luck youve managed to crack human sexuality people have been doing it for years its just amazing that an 18 year old has managed to figure it out before all the trained proffessionals what a weird world we live in.

Dont persume that just because an asexual engages in sex or masturbation that there not asexual in general most of us take enough sh** we dont need any more, especialy here more people should pay attention to that. But if your still intent on finding out how many types of asexuals there are well.... theres alot were as diverse as the sexual population however where the average society tends to swing towards hyposexuality asexuals from what ive read tend to swing in the opposite direction with about 40% of us celibate. Sort of opposites when u think about it which is mildly interesting so yeah like 10 types of asexuality 10 demi 10 grey a and potentialy another couple of hundred if you add levels of *sensuality* that asexauls find acceptable in a relationship.

Theres alot of polls on this type of stuff in the census forums if you havent been through it yet i would strongly recomend it

Asexuality is simply the lack of sexual attraction. Sexual behaviors do not equate sexual orientation. Just look at ancient Rome (and several other societies throughout history)--homoromantic/homosexual behaviors were the norm for men (at least before they married), but are you going to try to tell me they were all homoromantic/homosexual themselves? Good luck with that.

Like you, I do not engage in "sexual" behaviors. I am also aromantic, but romantic attraction is not the same as sexual attraction. We are not any more "true" than any other asexuals. There are as many different "kinds of asexual's [sic]" as there are asexuals. This is not a contest. Let's please not promote a false sense of elitism.

Really, there are as many 'types' of asexuals as there are asexuals. We are all different.

What is UP with all this "true asexuals" stuff lately? :blink: Can anyone answer me that? Anyway, as they say, "If you've seen one asexual, you've seen...one asexual." Sexuality is a spectrum, so no one is going to fit into a neat little box.

Asexuality is simply the lack of sexual attraction. Sexual behaviors do not equate sexual orientation. Just look at ancient Rome (and several other societies throughout history)--homoromantic/homosexual behaviors were the norm for men (at least before they married), but are you going to try to tell me they were all homoromantic/homosexual themselves? Good luck with that.

Like you, I do not engage in "sexual" behaviors. I am also aromantic, but romantic attraction is not the same as sexual attraction. We are not any more "true" than any other asexuals. There are as many different "kinds of asexual's [sic]" as there are asexuals. This is not a contest. Let's please not promote a false sense of elitism.

Seconded.

What is UP with all this "true asexuals" stuff lately? :blink: Can anyone answer me that? Anyway, as they say, "If you've seen one asexual, you've seen...one asexual." Sexuality is a spectrum, so no one is going to fit into a neat little box.

Seriously...

If you're asking about the spectrum of asexualities, everything is on AVENwiki, like demisexual and Gray A.

I don't know, but I'm done defending my asexuality. I know it's the best way to identify my orientation - that's "true" enough for me.

There are plenty of recent topics you can look at for more information on this, needless to say.

What a good way to get asexuality known: split everyone up into 3,204 different categories. They'll really get that! <_<

Once upon a time there was a website called The Official Asexual Society. This site was covered with creepy pictures of unicorns and Peter Pan. The people of this site did not experience sexual feelings of any kind and considered themselves the only true asexuals. They even had a questionnaire that prospective members could fill out and then the webmaster would tell you if you were asexual or not. This elitist little site could not compete with AVEN's welcoming attitude so they changed it to the Non-libonist Society. It still did not get enough traffic so it died a lonely death.

THE END

The moral of the story is: a true asexual is a person who does not experience sexual attraction.

Once upon a time there was a website called The Official Asexual Society. This site was covered with creepy pictures of unicorns and Peter Pan. The people of this site did not experience sexual feelings of any kind and considered themselves the only true asexuals. They even had a questionnaire that prospective members could fill out and then the webmaster would tell you if you were asexual or not. This elitist little site could not compete with AVEN's welcoming attitude so they changed it to the Non-libonist Society. It still did not get enough traffic so it died a lonely death.

THE END

The moral of the story is: a true asexual is a person who does not experience sexual attraction.

Yay, Shockwave!

Over the last few days I’ve been reading many of the questions posted on this site and I have become curious to how many kinds of asexuals there are? there seems to be ones who date and have sex yet still call themselves asexuals (don’t ask me how) and then there are asexuals who try sex but don’t continue with it there are also asexuals who masturbate how many asexuals are there like who fit in those category ? And how many asexuals out there are like me who havnt had sex and don’t masturbate and don’t desire a romantic relationship or sexual one and are the ones like me the only true asexuals?

There are as many kinds of asexuals as there are asexual people. Or, you could look at it as there being one kind of asexual: does not experience sexual attraction. And then you add to that things like romantic attraction. Dating, masturbation, etc do not fall under sexual attraction (dating doesn't even fall under sexual). There are asexuals who have sex drives, but that doesn't really make them a different kind of asexual. There are asexuals who have sex when they are in a relationship because their partner is sexual and they have some type of compromise. That does not mean they are sexually attracted to their partner. It also doesn't make them less asexual.

Personally, I have had sex, once, and hated it, I don't masturbate, I don't want a romantic or sexual relationship, though I have dated. But, that doesn't make me a true anything. It's that I'm not sexually attracted to anyone that makes me asexual, which isn't stated anywhere in that statement two sentences up.

homoromantic heteroromantic biromantic panromantic polyromantic aromantic monoromantic demiromantic(prefix with it demi does not describe romantic attraction to a gender or object) pedoromantic (and this is wrong and illegal)

that covers most of it