I am so happy to know that I'm not alone!

leftypunk

Hey everyone, I am also new here and astonished that that are actually others in the world that are not driven by whatever's between their legs! Wow... I've been depressed for such a long time, for reasons other than my orientation as well, but that definitely had a lot to do with it. Anyhow, my name is Kara, I'm 18, I live on the east coast of the US (Connecticut,) and I am one of you :D ! Just so everyone knows, I'm more on the straight side of the spectrum. I tend to notice the asthetic qualities of men far more than woman, and I am engaged to the most wonderful man in the world. Problem is, he's not asexual at all and he's having some difficulty understanding that I never get "horny" and only have sex with him for the emotional bonding and because I want to be as close to him as possible. (I would never even consider having sex with anyone else.) We are totally in love though, and I'm sure that he'll come to grips with this eventually. Well, I do not know ANYONE that has my feelings about sex, and I am verrrry lonely in that respect. So PLEASE respond to this. I really hope I can meet some cool people in here that actually understand me and I won't feel like a crazy freak around them. Talk to you all later!

Chia Roscura

Hi leftypunk! I'm new, too, but WELCOME anyway! It feels like winning the lottery, doesn't it? -- to find that this is an actual orientation, with lots of really wonderful comrades waiting with open arms, saying, hey, we are not only OKAY BUT WE RULE! :) Interesting that you are engaged. I'd love to hear what other members do with the marriage issue. (There's probably a thread I haven't seen yet.) I suppose there are as many original approaches as there are people and situations. I'm intrigued thinking of the various angles -- being aware of one's asexuality, and nonetheless getting married to someone not asexual. Then there's the situation of already BEING married to someone not asexual, and discovering, years into it, that one is asexual! Where, up until discovering that "asexual" was an orientation, the previous option was only to wonder (and such lonely wondering!) "What is wrongggggggggg with me?????" [i'm not expert with the proper words here so hope i haven't offended more aware members by using words that show I'm still in the dopey stage!] :oops: Anyway, welcome leftypunk!!!!

Thanx for replying , chia! Yes, I do feel like I won the lottery or something like that. The marriage thing is definitely hard but with an understanding person it can definitely be done. Well I wanna welcome you to this community too, even though I am new I feel like I've been here my entire life :P I'll talk to you later :wink:

--Kara--

Wow, it's great to hear you've worked something out well in a relationship. It's interesting that you have sex for the emotional bonding. Lol, I think I'd be thoroughly incompetent because I don't have much in the way of motivation to even try anything. :) But it is so nice to hear from someone in a relationship... Welcome to the board!

VivreEstEsperer

Welcome to the board Kara!! It's so great to have new people come here. I know, I couldn't believe what a wonderful, utterly undescribable feeling it was when I found this place....to go your whole life thinking there was something wrong with you for not liking sex and thinking you were the only one and then to find this place, chock full of sex haters :) and I say that in the most flattering way possible!, well, that's definitely like winning the lottery.

I'm 19, and I'm from Maine! Although I go to college in Baltimore. Where in CT are you? My grandparents live in Springfield MA, right on the CT border. IM me sometime on AIM if you like, Reishi9154 - I'd love to talk to you!

make yourself at home here

Kate

Archived