age you first thought of yourself as asexual?

hi guy, this is my first post and I don't know much about asexuality, but I just wanted to ask you all what age you were when you realised you were asexual?

Thanks! X

It didn't fully dawn upon me until this past weekend, honestly, and I'm 22. But I realized something was "wrong" with my not wanting to do sexual things with a guy I truly liked at about 18. If I had been at all aware of asexuality back then, I probably would have come to realize it closer to that point since I'd had some small thoughts that maybe I just wasn't attracted to anybody but just didn't think it was possible for someone to be like that.

14 ish. I suspect my (near) lack of romantic attraction made my asexuality more obvious.

I dunno... I'm pretty aromantic... I just thought everyone was like me. :redface:

riddle_me_this

I think I was in tenth grade. I felt as if I lacked any romantic interest towards anyone.

Now that I'm in my second year, I still am curious, although now I 've had sexual thoughts without disgust as I did in high school. However, I still kind of find the action odd.

I've known my whole life ^_^

I learned and confirmed myself with the term a few years back. Beginning of high school I guess. I always used it kind of in an unsure way.

TheMelbourneMethod

16, 17... I'm not sure when it became a certainty and stopped being conjecture, to be honest. Considering all the crap I went through junior year, I'm more comfortable putting the number at 17.5. I discovered AVEN at 16, however, so whatever.

switchtocolours

Around when I started highschool. I figured something was wrong with me when I realized I was the only one I knew who didn't care about sex, and wasn't sexually attracted too... err... anyone. I just considered myself 'nonsexual' or something for awhile until I found out about asexuality.

The day I found AVEN tbh... So 25?

Before then I just thought of myself as an autistic that didn't like sex. I thought it was part of my autism...Probably is, but at least it has a name of it's own if it's not ;)

For the first 60 years I thought I was just weird; now I know I'm weird and asexual.

i always knew i wasn't interested in sex, but i always thought that all girls were like that and that only guys were interested...

i learned i was different from all my friends when i was 17 and one of my friends got pregnant, sadly had a miscarriage, and then got pregnant again b/c she wanted sex so badly that she didn't use contraception and some of my female friends said they could understand what she meant (and i couldn't).

still a bit unsure if I am, but the age I first realised I didn't want sex and didn't 'like' people was about 16. only a few weeks ago found out there was asexuality beyond the type of reproduction! I'm 18 now.

14 (ish) and 18.

I set aside questioning what my sexuality was (or wasn't) the first time, and later on I had settled for the "I'm too busy and I want to avoid sex before marriage" reason. It didn't really sink in how much sexuals want sex at that point either.

I realised my peers weren't still to grow up and be sexual when I left secondary school, 16. At that point I realised everyone in school-based dramas was younger than me.

With 20 years when I discovered AVEN but that was because this forum here gave my situation a name....but basically, I first realised that I was different sexualitywise when I was 18 and fell in love and I talked about it with a friend of mine and she was like "what you do when he wants more?" and I was like "what? why?" :blink:

And she was like "What's wrong with you? Did you have some kind of sexual trauma during your childhood?".. . I said "no" (since I didn't) and then she told me "that this is what a relationship happens to involve,too" and I didn't understand why and I just said "if you say so"..haha, :lol: I'll remember that day forever.....

Though before.... with 15 years of age I played games with a guy and all my friends thought that I wanted to hit on him in a sexual way, and I felt embarassed 'cause that never ever met my mind, I only wanted to play some games like "who's the fastest runner" :lol: ...that was also another hint which made me think about myself very much.

After this day when I was 18 years old, I somehow encountered such similar stances in music and literature which were my only comfort that I'm probably not alone until I found AVEN with 20 years.....

I've still got questions regarding if I am asexual (long story!) It was back in 2007 when I first heard the term, but didn't look into it properly. However, it wasn't until August 2008 that I REALLY started questioning, and then I found AVEN - and was totally blown away just how many people felt the same way as me.

Short answer: I was 32 years old when I found AVEN and other Asexuals... I'm 33 now.

I have felt like this from as young as I can remember. The thing is I thought I was "weird" especially when I was in my teens any my peers started getting interested in sex.

But then I found this place a couple of years ago and stopped feeling weird!

Probably in my early teens but ddin't know what thw word for it was until I was 22.