AVED 2009!

ily

Everybody who stands out catches grief from the majority at some point or another.

And, everybody on the internet gets flamed at one point or another.

Not to say it isn't a valid concern, but it's just something that will have to be endured, whether as a result of AVED or something else.

This.

I, too, have been wondering what kind of crowd we'll be getting right after AVED, but even if it's an arrogant, idiotic one, we'll have gotten someone's attention, and that's where it starts.

Plus, I'm pretty sure anyone who's too much of a butt will get banned before they can say "lolfag."

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, and then you win."

Note to self- apparently putting "Is asexual and happy to be so!" in your facebook status box makes your account mysteriously vanish...

Note to self- apparently putting "Is asexual and happy to be so!" in your facebook status box makes your account mysteriously vanish...

It's the masses fighting back! Wah!

I hope that people are successful and that AVED increases awareness of asexuality and of AVEN.

I, too, have been wondering what kind of crowd we'll be getting right after AVED, but even if it's an arrogant, idiotic one, we'll have gotten someone's attention, and that's where it starts.

Plus, I'm pretty sure anyone who's too much of a butt will get banned before they can say "lolfag."

Yes. The admods are gearing up and arming the trollaput in readiness for such after AVED.

But the influx of new asexy AVEN members after AVED will be a yay!

AkiraCoinTykiGotBetaMuffin

*Goes to try this*

I thought maybe the word "sex" got flagged but I've seen and heard of worse in people's facebook pages than that :S It's just confusing why my account no longer exists only a few hours after I put that on there when it's been fine for years and I changed nothing else... :S

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, and then you win."

I love that Gandhi quote. In fact, I think I posted it on another thread.

Well hey! I wasn't sure if AVED would be a big enough thing to actually get us trolls, but the fact that it might be actually makes me very happy! :D

I'm thinking of making notes that say:

"If you don't give a fuck!

www.asexuality.org"

and posting them on the condom machines in bathrooms in the pubs.

I'm thinking of making notes that say:

www.asexuality.org"

and posting them on the condom machines in bathrooms in the pubs.

:lol:

OMG, I am totally doing something similar.

Did a pseuso Aved thing today, I know its not the day yet but it was a chance for visibility so I took it. I came out to the LGBT group at freshers fair, and told them to look up aven and direct anyone else that asks about it to me. Hopefully there will be someone ace in this years intake.

I think I'm going to make a couple of stickers from mailing labels and stick them everywhere in my school

www.asexuality.org"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

THAT is truly EXCELLENT. I may just steal that...

I, myself, was thinking about just printing out some things with the word "asexuality" or "asexy" or the website or somesuch on them, and just placing them anonymously around campus where people might find them and then discuss them or look it up. However, after reading THAT ^ quote, I'm afraid I have no choice! ;) That line is too good to pass up!

Alright I finished a sheet of mailing labels that I'm going to stick around my school.

I really like one of the stickers I made. It's like:

"We are 1%

(no, not milk...)

www.asexuality.org"

haha

. . .but there are sounds
"We are 1%

(no, not milk...)

www.asexuality.org"

Aww, that's so cute, four awesome points to Violet.

Here's an idea - bringing cake to a class for AVED!..

I was totally thinking about doing this, but it's Canadian thanksgiving so no college for me. I'll just make cake :cake: anyway! So, who's got some cake recipies? :blush: I'm a good cook, I just don't make deserts but this is definitely a special occasion.

i'm sure i read a few weeks back....possibly in this thread....about trying to get something AVED related as a trending topic on twitter. I think this is an awesome idea!!! if there's enough twitter users around maybe we could settle on a slogan or something to use?

. . .

"We are 1%

(no, not milk...)

www.asexuality.org"

haha

I really love this quote for its humor and its accuracy.

On the 12th I will write and post a discussion of asexuality on my Random Musings blog (which does have a few followers) and will include a link to asexuality.org. Naturally, I will wear purple while writing this blog post.

I am also beginning to warm up for this year's National Novel Writing Month (starts in 25 days, 1 hour and 38 minutes), and the idea just hit me to make one (or both) of the main characters asexual in a positive way. It is definitely time for asexual main characters to begin surfacing in fiction, and making at least one main character ace opens up possible avenues of discussion on the forum boards on that website as well.

i'm sure i read a few weeks back....possibly in this thread....about trying to get something AVED related as a trending topic on twitter. I think this is an awesome idea!!! if there's enough twitter users around maybe we could settle on a slogan or something to use?

I think that good ol' #asexuality would be good as a trending topic. I mean, If I saw that in the sidebar of my Twitter page, I'd be more inclined to check it out than if it was '#AVED' or something like that.

The-Snowlion

I'm totally going to cover my HS in post-its. Just bought the sticky notes and a purple sharpie for that perfect AVEN feel. I'll be spending the whole day writing on them. XD

I'm really liking all the creativity on this thread...AVED goes down on Monday!

I don't have school on Monday :(

So I'm going to put some up of my stickers tomorrow and on Tuesday, so people can still see.

I hope I don't get caught... I think this counts as vandalism ><

I'm totally going to cover my HS in post-its. Just bought the sticky notes and a purple sharpie for that perfect AVEN feel. I'll be spending the whole day writing on them. XD

Hmmm... that sounds like something I might want to do, too. It's cheap, I have tons of post-its, and I can walk around the night before and quickly stick them everywhere without anyone seeing me (not so sure I want to tell everyone yet...). Besides, I'm not fancy enough to do stickers! ;)

Hi,

I'm teaching on 12th october. For sure, I'll be wearing a purple shirt and tie. I'll be teaching 2 classes of college students that day, and I'm planning to explain why I have the purple clothes on. It's going to be part of a wider discussion about festivals and festival culture.

I think I'm going to steal that post-it idea.

I'm also writing to my campus's Spectrum chapter, and the independent newsletter, and depending on the weather, I might actually try some chalking (I've heard it may be against the rules, so this is only if I feel really daring.)

I'm going to be Johnny freakin Appleseed, only with AVEN.

I may vandalise my school some... very sneakily though. toilet vandalism is the only way to be unseen. it'd be a nice alternative to the usual highly sexual stuff that's in there too :P could use it as a point of reference; 'you don't want to be *arrows to cubicle comment 'banged'*???? ASEXUALITY.ORG'

yes. they'll like that. in a week or so there'll probably be some 'you FREAK!!!!' comment in reply haha. looking forward to it ^_^

I may vandalise my school some... very sneakily though. toilet vandalism is the only way to be unseen. it'd be a nice alternative to the usual highly sexual stuff that's in there too :P could use it as a point of reference; 'you don't want to be *arrows to cubicle comment 'banged'*???? ASEXUALITY.ORG'

yes. they'll like that. in a week or so there'll probably be some 'you FREAK!!!!' comment in reply haha. looking forward to it ^_^

Nice!

BZZZZZZZZZZT

*regains enthusiasm*

I've decided to still go ahead with my AVED-related activities, but more geared on the Sunday, and non-school ones on a Monday.

Don't say I can't compromise!:)

frozen moment

oooh i'm excited! glad I checked aven this weekend and found out about all this. I've printed off about 15 stickers with a bunch of different phrases on them, and plan to put them on toilet doors around uni. I shall also be wearing my black ring and if I owned anything purple, I'd wear it, but I don't.

My school has a uniform, and my black ring is broken. All I can do is wear my two purple and black plastic/jelly bracelets... Ironically named shag bands in the UK.

I've just posted "Is an asexual. Got a problem with that?" on my facebook...

Standby for the hate. Oh, the unadulterated hate.

Kay, so I've tweeted from my phone because my school has blocked twitter. I'll be posting something on facebook when I get home, too.

edit: Hey, my 200th post!

Archived