Any older asexuals who have never been married?

Guest Tabula Rasa

Hello All,

I just turned 54 and have never been married. I am a Turner Syndrome female, but I don't really identify as either gender specifically,

Are there any other TS peeps who are members, who post on this forum?

• 4 weeks later...

Asexual people can get married? Can give birth to children?

Why don't you look around the AVEN site before you post any more. There's a lot of information here that will answer your questions. Asexuality has to do with feelings, not physical ability. Many of us have had children.

31, and never even knowingly went on a date (once, in retrospect, was a date, but, I was unaware of that at the time), and odds are I will never be married.

None of the Above

I'm 39 years old and have never so much as gone on a date. Was kissed once at a party. She initiated it. It was all right but not something I feel compelled to do again. I always thought of her as "just a friend." Maybe she was hoping for something more and I didn't see the signs...I don't know.

One reason I don't understand other people's desire to get married is the 50 percent divorce rate. I think that is *HUGE*. Plus a friend of mine got divorce and told me about his $350 an hour attorney handling his case. That alone would steer me away from marriage. And of course the complete disinterest in sex.

I'm 39 years old and have never so much as gone on a date. Was kissed once at a party. She initiated it. It was all right but not something I feel compelled to do again. I always thought of her as "just a friend." Maybe she was hoping for something more and I didn't see the signs...I don't know.

From my observations of other couples, her kissing you was a sign of hoping for more, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

51 and never married. Never really dated either. While I identify as heteroromantic and do crave close companionship, my life is a tad easier not having to deal with the complexities of a romantic/asexual relationship.

Aisntllecxtual

I am 50 sumpin, and getting scarily close to the big 6.

Never married. Had a woman live with me for circa a year. She promised she would move on unless I got busy with the humping and bumping. The rest of the story is that she kept her promise.

Also had a great girlfriend and we had an awesome 6 months of sexfree courtship...and then my asexuality clashed with her horneality. End of that story.

I did try to do the sex thing, but it just had too little appeal for me. Telll me again, why do people like it? Oh....never mind!

Now my doctor has me taking some male hormone blocker for the health of my prostate gland, and...well...now let me tell you that "what goes down must come up" is a false statement.

I don't care what you ladies say, I think the existence of santa claus, the easter bunny, the virgin mary and asexual women are all figments of the imagination. An asexual man is just a loser when it comes to the fair sex. I have corresponded with and become friends with some women who claim to be asexual...and it appears that sex is the ultimate glue required for people to form and maintain a relationship.

I would like the companionship of a fellow asexual in my older years, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Maybe there's hope for me yet! smile.gif

Isiscat

I was nearly 49 when I got married for the first time. I now just turned 53 and am still married - unhappily. I left my Croatian wife (left Croatia for the US) for what I thought would be permanently - ended up being 3 months - in the late summer and fall of last year (2012). There were many reasons for leaving but the one that continues to leave the scar of distrust and insurmoutable anger loomed large in decision - rape. Yes, I am a married man (wisdom from age - at least, I like to think so - and muscular from compulsive exercise) and I was raped by a woman, by my wife. I won't go into details - there are two previous postings on AVEN that nauseatingly (sickening as being revelatory) do that. Suffice to say, what amounted to emotional blackmail (that was effectively emasculating to physical resistance, in reflection, in retrospect) of previous successful rebuff (where I turned away strongly and loudly said no, leading her to bolt from bed in anger that was frighteningly volcanic, of which was interspersed with uncontrollable fits of crying) to next night where simple no (didn't dare more vigorous resistance/protestation to avoid the emotional histrionics) to sex was ignored and the pathetic coercive act occurred. My wife said she wasn't much interested in sex before marriage - said in response to my lack of interest. It didn't take her long after marriage to change. And the rape occurred after I came out to her as asexual, in which I spent much time enlightening her as to this discovery, awareness. I have been back here in Croatia for one of two reasons. The one I share here is that I wish to know why she raped me. I can't accept her answer, "for love." How can a partner be flagrantly neglectful in listening - fundamentally disrespect out of love. I will be leaving for America in two weeks, sadly never to return. I will be divorcing. Now, finally, specific to posting, Jay, I know there are asexual women, but, certainly, my experience makes me very suspicious, cautious, so I can understand your scepticism - disbelief. I am conflicted to the maximum degree regarding the decision to marry. There is a big part of me, Jay, that envies you for remaining single. It was a bad idea to get hitched, obviously, yet, conversely, perversely, I have grown and have become much more aware: the experience has paradoxically wounded and enriched my soul at the same time. In effect, what the philosopher Friederich Nietzsche wrote is so true: "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

51 and never married, just wasn't interested. I told my family when I was very young, "I didn't want to be married," and they said "oh you will meet someone" and took bets on the date.

I hope they stopped waiting to collect on that bet.

• 3 weeks later...

In my mid-30s and never been married or a long term relationship. Personally, I find the idea of marriage not for me. If someone loves me and wants to be with me, a piece of paper isn't going to make that bond any stronger. In fact, I think having a bonding piece of paper tends to drive a wedge between many couples who were otherwise happy living in domestic bliss.

Never been married - never even been inside a romantic relationship! And quite happy that way.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 48 and wish I'd never been married! :unsure: BUT, I do have 2 awesome kids as a result, so it was definitely worthwhile for that reason. I can't imagine my life without them! :)

I do not tell my age, but let's say older than 45,.... never married, never even considered it an option.

Don't worry Mountain Pride...we've all been there at some time. Thing about this forum is that they're a very understanding group and if they disagree with something will just ask if you meant it the way they read it :)

49 (since yesterday!) and only been in one relationship-ish in my early twenties; decided such a relationship was not for me. Never dated and not interesting in the dating scene, and definitely never been married. Wouldn't mind a close friendship or relationship with an asexual person though... not sure about marriage. I have a wait and see attitude to that.

• 2 weeks later...

38, Never married and my longest relationship was 9 months. According to the world at large this makes me broken. I'd love companionship, but I like my independence!

I have no plans to get married, really. My parents are worried about me being alone, but I have so many fantastic friends that I don't often feel alone :)

Turning 40 this year, and never been married. My relatives voice their displeasure whenever they get the chance.

Archived