• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 jmerry

jmerry

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

A week ago, in response to the article discussed here, I had an idea. After many hours of reading ignorant comments to categorize their objections, I bring you this:

Posted Image

I also have a pdf version which is much smaller, but it doesn't seem to be possible to attach that to a post. What I can give you is the LaTeX source:
\documentclass[11pt]{article}\usepackage{array}\pdfpagewidth 8.5in\pdfpageheight 11in\topmargin 0.25in\headheight 0in\headsep 0in\textheight 8.5in\textwidth 6.5in\oddsidemargin 0in\begin{document}%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\begin{center}\huge{Troll Bingo: Asexy Edition}\\\normalsize\begin{tabular}{|p{1.2 in}|p{1.2 in}|p{1.2 in}|p{1.2 in}|p{1.2 in}|}\hline She just never had an orgasm.&Don't force your deviance on us.&You masturbate? That doesn't count.\vspace{7ex}&You just can't get anyone.&There are no asexual men.\\ \hline How do you know if you've never tried it?\vspace{7ex}&You're using the word "asexuality" incorrectly.&It's just a phase; you'll grow out of it.&I can't imagine being like that.&You're just depressed.\\ \hline You must be damaged in some way.&You just don't want the pregnancy/disease.\vspace{7ex}&Get your hormones checked. \bf{Free Space}&You were probably abused.&You can't love someone without wanting sex.\\ \hline That's just sad.&Old married women are all asexual.\vspace{7ex}&It's a cover for something else.&You just haven't met the right person yet.&You're just being a tease; you actually want sex.\\ \hline Maybe you're gay.&It must be some religious thing.&You just haven't been with me yet.&That's unnatural.&You're crazy not to use your genitals.\vspace{7ex}\\ \hline\end{tabular}\end{center}\end{document}

Feel free to use and modify it, but do credit me when distributing it. Credit also goes to Orianna, who created the earlier version here that I started from.

#2 Pandoren

Pandoren

AVENger

• AVEN Members
  • 3,271 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic asexual

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

:D nice

Sadly if you put every cliche on a bingo board you'd probably run out of ink crossing them off...

I can cross a few off already...

"Voulez-vous entrer un relation platonique avec moi?" probably just wouldn't work. ~Slavaa
"You know you are asexual when a hot night means an air conditioner failure" ~ApolloSeek

#3 House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras

Its A Wilderness In Here

• AVEN Members
  • 403 posts
  • A/Sexuality:many of us are asexual

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

Cool. That is really pretty neat.

The sad part is that Iíve heard a fair number of these same statements more or less being told to me in real life alone one way or another.

If we use ‘we,’ ‘us,’ etc in posts we are referring to our multiple system (many people/identities/mind sharing one body). We're okay with answering questions, but understand we've already talked to a few mental health professionals about our condition and aren't interested in anyone trying to "play psychologist" over the internet. 

#4 Sammie

Sammie

AVENistor

• AVEN Members
  • 4,216 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Sexual

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

Bingo! twice. I've heared so many of these.
Posted Image

No matter what they think or what they do,
No matter what they feel or what they see in you,
You're gonna get there, whatever they say,
And nobody's going to stand in the way.

#5 jmerry

jmerry

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

This is tuned more toward online comments than anything in person, which is part of why it doesn't match some of the other lists of stock responses. That's why I put the hormones bit in the middle: it came up in every comment thread I used as a source, usually many times. The rest were placed randomly.

#6 XjanuaryXmoonX

XjanuaryXmoonX

A-Mazing

• AVEN Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:12 AM

bingo! haha thats pretty cool

#7 gbrd143

gbrd143

Asexy Authoritay!

• AVEN Members
  • 8,350 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Flamin' Asexual! YEAH, baby!!

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

That is hilarious!
(And oh so true ... )

-GB
Brought to you by:Posted Image
Greybird's Gallery of Death
and by

APositive!

#8 moxyblues

moxyblues

Amoeba

• AVEN Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:37 PM

Ahaha this is great! :lol:

#9 prettyeyes

prettyeyes

AVENistor

• AVEN Members
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

Win! :lol:

#10 GreenMouse

GreenMouse

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 195 posts
  • A/Sexuality:polysquisherous pandemic ace

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

I've gotten the "It's just a phase" response, but other than that I've a clear card! Woot!
Sometimes called Greenie, GM, Green, Mouse, Mousy, GreenMouse of the many Cakes or CrazyCanadian
Pronouns: Sie/hir or other gender-neutral pronouns please.
Apprentice Yada

#11 Salogma

Salogma

Incredibly Stinky

• AVEN Members
  • 2,336 posts
  • Pronouns:She, Her
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual lesbian

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:37 AM

BINGO.

Let's all be friends & drinkers of tea

Squiddles for YOU, Squiddles for ME

#12 swankivy

swankivy

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 275 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic Asexual

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:17 AM

Thought some of you folks might want to know that I ended up using this bingo card in my newest video, and I hope that's okay. ;)

Asexual Bingo on YouTube

Embedded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncoHJo5128Q

If you prefer to live in darkness, put out your eyes. Don't try to put out the sun. Some of us like it where it is.

I have a book about asexuality. If you want to be on the list to get updates about it, join my loop!

#13 AdmiralAddax

AdmiralAddax

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 198 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Heteroromantic Ace

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

Thought some of you folks might want to know that I ended up using this bingo card in my newest video, and I hope that's okay. ;)

Asexual Bingo on YouTube

Embedded:

Dude, I love your video! You're so strong to not let all those hurtful comments hurt you. I'm going to go check out more of your videos, haha! :D

#14 Member33070

Member33070

A-Grade AVENite

• AVEN Members
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

I've only got three unmarked spots on my board... :(

6 Bingos.

But cute idea. Definitely helpful visibility-wise.

#15 swankivy

swankivy

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

I've received every single one of them and could make my own second version with the overflow, but in my video I only had room for a few. :)

Maybe I should make a version 2 and add it here?

If you prefer to live in darkness, put out your eyes. Don't try to put out the sun. Some of us like it where it is.

I have a book about asexuality. If you want to be on the list to get updates about it, join my loop!

#16 AdmiralAddax

AdmiralAddax

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 198 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Heteroromantic Ace

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

I've received every single one of them and could make my own second version with the overflow, but in my video I only had room for a few. :)

Maybe I should make a version 2 and add it here?

After going through most of your "Letters to an Asexual" series, I gotta say.. Swankivy, you're my new hero! :D
I also found Southpaw on youtube, and it was really neat to hear opinions of other aces as well as their advice. :) So inspiring!

#17 swankivy

swankivy

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

After going through most of your "Letters to an Asexual" series, I gotta say.. Swankivy, you're my new hero! :D

Thanks. That means a lot. I've gotten a few people telling me I shouldn't be doing that series because "nobody cares" or I'm "wasting my time" or whatever, and it's really starting to get annoying because seriously, if someone doesn't care then it's not FOR THEM. I'm all for criticism but telling someone no one cares about what they're doing is really not constructive at all. Clearly people care what I'm saying if people like you say so and I have almost a thousand subscribers to my channel. I hate haters. They just don't want to acknowledge that asexual awareness necessary . . . and ironically, they protest that our erasure isn't a problem by trying to erase us. Slick!

Thanks for speaking up. I like getting reminders about why I do what I do. :)

#18 Oggygon

Oggygon

Asexy A-postle

• AVEN Members
  • 518 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual - hetero romantic

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

Swank haters are gonna hate, trolls are gonna troll. Stuff em. I watched several of your videos and that comment one had me laugh so hard I was choking. Keep it up. I for one care :)

Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight
on the empty sky.
-Wizard of Earthsea
Ursula K. Le Guin

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 D.J.

D.J.

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

Thanks. That means a lot. I've gotten a few people telling me I shouldn't be doing that series because "nobody cares" or I'm "wasting my time" or whatever, and it's really starting to get annoying because seriously, if someone doesn't care then it's not FOR THEM. I'm all for criticism but telling someone no one cares about what they're doing is really not constructive at all. Clearly people care what I'm saying if people like you say so and I have almost a thousand subscribers to my channel. I hate haters. They just don't want to acknowledge that asexual awareness necessary . . . and ironically, they protest that our erasure isn't a problem by trying to erase us. Slick!

Thanks for speaking up. I like getting reminders about why I do what I do. :)

Do NOT stop posting videos! Your my hero! There should be more like you!

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: for your work
Please call me by genderneutral (hir, ze) or male pronounces. Thank you.

check out my blog : nothing is wrong here... or is there?

#20 Cygnus

Cygnus

Asexy Samurai

• AVEN Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

Asexual Bingo on YouTube

Embedded:

That was awesome. I gotta watch more. :)
"No society can surley be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable." Adam Smith "The Wealth of Nations"

#21 jmerry

jmerry

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

Of course. That's why I posted the card in the first place.
Great video!

#22 swankivy

swankivy

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

Swank haters are gonna hate, trolls are gonna troll. Stuff em.

I unfortunately know this better than most.

I watched several of your videos and that comment one had me laugh so hard I was choking. Keep it up. I for one care :)

^___^ Thank you so much.

You are so awesome. Thank you for the cake. I wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon--not until I run out of things to say and I think that will never happen--but having support helps. ;)

That was awesome. I gotta watch more. :)

Awww. . . . Thank you.

Great video!

I appreciate that. I might want to make another card because I can definitely say this one doesn't have some of the ones I hear most. Perhaps I could make a second video with the overflow. Haha. Thanks for being cool about me using it!

#23 D.J.

D.J.

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

You are so awesome. Thank you for the cake. I wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon--not until I run out of things to say and I think that will never happen--but having support helps. ;)

Than you. I forgot to give you this :vis:

Great video!

I appreciate that. I might want to make another card because I can definitely say this one doesn't have some of the ones I hear most. Perhaps I could make a second video with the overflow. Haha. Thanks for being cool about me using it!

You should totally make a second one ;)

#24 SJXT 0.o

SJXT 0.o

• AVEN Members
  • 31 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Hetero-Romantic Asexual

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

AWESOME! I've only just started telling people about myself and I have a few squares crossed off already...I'm going to carry this around with me and next time I tell someone I'll pull it out and cross off their excuse SHOUTING. BINGO!
SJXT

#25 charlotte

charlotte

Amoeba

• AVEN Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:42 AM

I love all troll bingo cards! This is excellent! Such a great way to vent a bit of the frustration with humor.

#26 Pandoren

Pandoren

AVENger

• AVEN Members
  • 3,271 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic asexual

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

Great video!

You should totally make a second one ;)

Third one :P

"Voulez-vous entrer un relation platonique avec moi?" probably just wouldn't work. ~Slavaa
"You know you are asexual when a hot night means an air conditioner failure" ~ApolloSeek

#27 Astra

Astra

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual aromantic

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

Love the bingo card, and the video. Also, hope you don't mind me saying, swankivy, but I love your hair in that video too. The blue is fab!

"All life starts with death
All death starts with life"
Skinny Puppy - Jaher

#28 swankivy

swankivy

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:54 AM

Love the bingo card, and the video. Also, hope you don't mind me saying, swankivy, but I love your hair in that video too. The blue is fab!

Wowee, thanks for the compliment! I really enjoy dressing my hair up, and I love how this one ended up looking on the video!

#29 swankivy

swankivy

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:09 AM

Here's a second Bingo card for asexuals, since we get far too many of the same comments to fit on ONE bingo card. (Mine only covers those that weren't covered on jmerry's, though there may be sort of semi-overlap.)

Posted Image

Maybe I will make a video with this one someday. :)

#30 D.J.

D.J.

Mega Mitosis

• AVEN Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

Here's a second Bingo card for asexuals, since we get far too many of the same comments to fit on ONE bingo card. (Mine only covers those that weren't covered on jmerry's, though there may be sort of semi-overlap.)

Posted Image

Maybe I will make a video with this one someday. :)

I just love how nr. 14 and nr. 15 contradicts each other :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users