Any Bones Fans?

Violet_Loves_Iliona

Violet_Loves_Iliona

Some of the characters come across as quite ace, especially Temperance (the main character) and sweets, the psychologist.

As a matter of fact I was going to write something on this site about Sweets being Ace, but then he announced that he was secretly seeing the forensic associate that got on the rest fo the characters' nerves.

He also had an interesting storyline about the scars on his back that Bones (Temperance) saw when someone ripped his top off. Then Bones and Seely (Booth - David Boreanaz's character) invited Sweets to have dinner with them, inviting his to be "join their family", with the three of them in a non-sexual three-person romance. That really sent my Ace radar going, and I've watched every episode since then.

Of course, now the ads are implying that Booth and Bones will have sex, so maybe the non-sexual romance between the three of them won't continue, and they will end up as friends. Personally, I hope not. :)

oooh Bones!

I love Bones!

I dont think any of them are really asexual. Bones has on many ocassions said that she likes and has sex( not that asexuals can't do that). In one of the episodes she was dating two guys because one could satisfy her sexually and the other satistied her intellectually, I think thats how it was. I don't know...I never gave it much thought to be honest. I don't think she is asexual since she has had casual sex on various occasions.

I don't see the three of them (Bones, Booth, and Sweets) as being a romantic threesome...its more of a family circle since they all share tramatic childhoods.

It's kinda a given that Bones and Booth are going to end up together.

pawprint prettysure

Yeah... I've pretty much been waiting for that to happen since season one.

Miselle Serafine

Oooh, Bones! I love that show!

Tempe may be sexual but I like that it's actually a small part of her life - she's not obsessed or defined by it. And she had lots of signifcant, close relationships that aren't sexual at all. She chooses to be defined by her chosen work and what she feels is important. Show 'em, Tempe!

But of course they're gonna end up together. I've heard it said that the whole reason the show exists is for the 'exquisite' sexual tension, but I prefer to see it as the amazingly close and supportive relationship between Bones and Booth. Either way, the show rocks. :D

Violet_Loves_Iliona
oooh Bones!

I love Bones!

I dont think any of them are really asexual. Bones has on many ocassions said that she likes and has sex( not that asexuals can't do that). In one of the episodes she was dating two guys because one could satisfy her sexually and the other satistied her intellectually, I think thats how it was. I don't know...I never gave it much thought to be honest. I don't think she is asexual since she has had casual sex on various occasions.

I don't see the three of them (Bones, Booth, and Sweets) as being a romantic threesome...its more of a family circle since they all share tramatic childhoods.

Yes, you're probably right, but there are lots of scenes and even the occasional episode that set my Acey radar off.

Maybe I read more into the Tempe/Booth/Sweets relationship than you did, and maybe you're right, but I definitely saw it as a platonic romance, definitely for that episode, in any case.

... and while it may be a coincidence, I did also notice that in the episode when Booth was being operated on, that the British buy (can't remember his name) wore a black ring on one of his middle fingers! :cake: :cake:

oooh Bones!

I love Bones!

Yes, you're probably right, but there are lots of scenes and even the occasional episode that set my Acey radar off.

Maybe I read more into the Tempe/Booth/Sweets relationship than you did, and maybe you're right, but I definitely saw it as a platonic romance, definitely for that episode, in any case.

... and while it may be a coincidence, I did also notice that in the episode when Booth was being operated on, that the British buy (can't remember his name) wore a black ring on one of his middle fingers! :cake: :cake:

the British guy..Stephen Fry?

Stephen Fry!!! woohoo

I didn't see that episode I dont think

-must get more Bones

• 4 weeks later...
gray_imagination

love Bones.

none of the characters ever struck me as ace though. Oh how I wish though. Maybe one of the rotating interns will be!

• 10 months later...
The Doctor Who?

I just started watching... but I LOVE it so far. Bones and Booth need to get married already. Hehe. But yea, that whole show sets off my ace radar. I don't know why though all of them have said they like sex at one point or another. :0 x

Aces can like sex. We just don't feel sexual attraction. I've only seen a few episodes of Bones, but I think some of the characters could be asexual even though they have sex.

massive fan of bones

although sweets does shag the annoying female lab assistant daisy wick in many passionate momments.so I would not account him to be asexual not because he shags..but because there is clearly passion and a sexual drive there

have watched every one since the start..and have to agree as attractive women go..bones has some of the most attractive ladies in television

I wouldn't say there is an asexual among them though

But it does have it's amusing moments and Zack was good.

Agreed..zack within the series was a positive and to loose him on such a poor script was dissapointing

I like Bones! My friend got me into it. I like Brennan and Booth's relationship, sexual or not.

I've heard that some of the forensic techniques they use on the show don't really exist, which makes me do this: <_< Is there some sort of resource that explains which forensic techniques used on television exist, outside of just researching forensics a lot and figuring it out myself?