• Announcements

• Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Kelly

New Team members Needed--Moderator and Project Team: Voting   11/01/17

Voting has started. See:     http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163513-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163514-new-moderator-member-needed-qa-co-mod-and-gray-area-mod-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163513-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/  
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePieMaker

So the Tyra Show called me...

ThePieMaker

So I got a cally poo from the Tyra Show today in regards to an email I had sent them I don't even know how many months ago. I had suggested the idea of giving a show on asexuals another shot. Anywho, they want asexual couples (which I can't fulfill) and the lady I spoke to asked if I knew of any (and I does) and I told her I'd get the word out.

The show they are doing is on couples who lead an unconventional relationship and she kept saying how they want to show how these relationships may be different, but are still perfectly fine and fulfilling. The show is taping August 25th in New York and travel and accommodations are taken care of.

If you are willing to do this (awesome visibility and a chance to show them that asexual relationships are pretty ace (pun intended)), then please please please message me. I have all the contact information. She said if she gets calls this weekend, she should get back to the people by Monday.

Again, this is a great chance for some visibility. I'd volunteer myself on there, but I don't fit the current criteria. Please please PM me for the info. It would rock to see a couple of us on there.

Guest Fosco

Nick work Ally. :cake:

Hope there are some folks out there up for this.

Good Luck.

CBC

Ditto! :cake:

I guess I fit some of the criteria... but I think NYC that soon is a no-go for me. :(

I hope you find someone though, because it's a great visibility opportunity!

FallenAngel

I've been wanting the tyra show to do a show on asexuals! Good job :)

Can't they just have a segment where there is like an asexual Q&A? Because I think it's gonna be hard finding asexual-asexual couples.

I want tickets to that show! I live right in NYC! Haha

Guest Fosco

Is it just me, or can I not spell 'nice'? :ph34r:

Not sure how others feel, but it might be an idea to see whether some of the other asexual communities have a couple?

CBC

Is it just me, or can I not spell 'nice'? :ph34r:

haha Wow, I didn't even notice that... :ph34r:

ThePieMaker

What communities could I go to for a call for couples? I don't go on any other than AVEN.

FallenAngel

I know that there are a few blogs. Maybe you can ask there?

Guest EGD

Hope there are some folks out there up for this.

Good Luck.

Oh, are you volunteering, Fosco?

That's too bad CBC... is it bad timing or did you think you needed to pay for travel?

The only other couples I can think of off the top of my head are...

CBC/Zoids--and CBC has defo seen this.

Aimee/Fish.

Rosalie/?

KBRD/GBRD

the Perfects

Hu/Winter

Cale/Imogen

*am sure I am forgetting some obvious ones* >.<

Ally, do you know if they would fly someone from Europe for this?

I kind of have a feeling they wouldn't... ?

. . .but there are sounds

EGD, you should totally check and see if they will do it. It would be awesome to have them pay for you to have a meet : ).

Fi_Loubet

Sounds like a great opportunity for some visibility... if only I wasn't single and living in Australia though!

I do have a little trepidation about the Tyra Show though, my sister watches it, and I have seen it a few times, and I know that Tyra handles some things she doesn't understand very poorly. She has her own ideas and standards, and anyone who thinks differently seems to get judged rather harshly on her show.

CBC
That's too bad CBC... is it bad timing or did you think you needed to pay for travel?

Mainly the bad timing thing... I'm going through a rather, ummm, difficult time at the moment with depression and related issues. Won't get into detail here, but it's mainly personal stuff.

I do hope someone is available, though... :unsure:

Fi_Loubet

Mainly the bad timing thing... I'm going through a rather, ummm, difficult time at the moment with depression and related issues. Won't get into detail here, but it's mainly personal stuff.

I'm sorry to hear that, CBC. I hope things improve for you soon.

zoidberger

There's also the fact that we aren't a fully asexual couple. Both of us don't really like to use labels... but I think we relate more towards Demi.

That might not be the best for the Tyra show...

CBC
I'm sorry to hear that, CBC. I hope things improve for you soon.

And also what Zoids said. I dunno if 'demisexual' is a concept that the Tyra show would want to get into...

Aimeendfire

yeah

they probably want "pure asexuals"

anyways

no can do on my part

hope you get someone else though cause that would be great!

Guest EGD

Um, last year we had one ace couple. And the rest that volunteered were not part of couples.

I got the feeling the Tyra show wanted to do a focus on how even though people were ace they could still have relationships, connect in certain ways, yadda yadda. (I think really they wanted positive visibility for us--it probably doesn't seem so shocking that out of like almost 20,000 members why wouldn't we have like 5 couples. *laughs*)

So yeah, um... for people who weren't here last year or don't remember this--having one ace couple didn't make the show happen last year and I don't think one be enough to make the show happen this year.

Kelly
KBRD/GBRD

the Perfects

Hu/Winter

Good choices :cake:. They are all married; they have all done interviews for asexiness before; I know them all personally and they are all way cool. 8)

DessieX
What communities could I go to for a call for couples? I don't go on any other than AVEN.

I know there's a guy on Acebook who's in an asexual relationship, I think he lives in Canada tho...

Guest EGD
KBRD/GBRD

the Perfects

Hu/Winter

Good choices :cake:. They are all married; they have all done interviews for asexiness before; I know them all personally and they are all way cool. 8)

I know there's a guy on Acebook who's in an asexual relationship, I think he lives in Canada tho...

*claps for both of these*

I um... think Fosco should come to NY. Cale agrees with me.

Well, Cale has to, or else Cale is going on that show with me.

ThePieMaker

If Mr. Fosco agrees to this, you should give the lady a call to see if it's do-able.

AVENguy
If Mr. Fosco agrees to this, you should give the lady a call to see if it's do-able.

This is great! We should be careful though- make sure that whoever goes on has some media training, in a show with this format it would be easy for them to treat us as freaks if we can't get an "asexual people are cool, and isn't this an interesting way to talk about intimacy" point across loud and clear.

ThePieMaker

Yeah, I've thought about that too. I am a fan of the Tyra Show and normally she seems pretty accepting of those who are different (as long as they are different in a way that doesn't hurt anyone). But you never know what could happen come taping.

Guest EGD

I had a chatty poo with Fosco and he thinks it is a little too early on for them.

________

in regards to media training--DJ do you mean the pamphlet or do you mean you'd come and be there? I would have just sort of assumed you would come and be on it in an ideal asexual world.

ThePieMaker

*sigh* It's okay. Aw man, I really didn't want to let them down too. Ah well, perhaps in another year they'll give us a chance.

Guest EGD
*sigh* It's okay. Aw man, I really didn't want to let them down too. Ah well, perhaps in another year they'll give us a chance.

We needs more heads up too, those Tyra douc peoples!

ThePieMaker

Yeah, 11 days really isn't much of a heads up.

kbrd143

Meh.

Nancy and I have done the TV thing, before. Might be up for it again. Though, Tyra might want some slightly "fresher" couples -- either younger, or newer to television.

Nancy has sent you our contact information. Feel free to pass it on. . .

CaleCaesar
So I got a cally poo

Hahaha...EGDisms.

In that case, I agree quite strongly.

Guest EGD
So I got a cally poo

Hahaha...EGDisms.

You noticed that too, huh? :wub:

Tho thank god, that my name is EGD and not EDG for how that would sound. :nono:

In that case, I agree quite strongly.

I thought this might help curry your favor. :ph34r:

And kick A, KBRD and GBRD..