I want drugs to turn me asexual.

Some asexuals have a sex drive....Just thought i'd mention that.

And they generally deal with it the same way that sexuals who don't have partners deal with it -- not with trying to obliterate it with drugs.

Sally is correct indeed.

depechecoin

Okay I am not understanding this one bit. Some of you are getting huffed up, comparing yourself to homosexuals, saying that you are just born asexual etc. yet another bunch of you are saying that I may already be asexual because I have made the decision against my sexuality.. which is it?

Also to those telling me to go to a doctor. No can do.

Min Farshaw

Presumably, there's some confusion because you are asking for drugs to suppress something, but it's not clear what. I'm pretty sure there are drugs out there which will do a passable job in suppressing a sex drive, but that wouldn't make you asexual, as plenty of A's have 'normal' sex drives. Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction, not drive, and I'm not entirely sure a drug exists that can turn that off. Maybe you could try being a little clearer about what it is that you're trying to get rid of, and why.

depechecoin-it's offensive to suggest you can change your sexual orientation to most non-straight people. Essentially you're saying that our orientation is a choice, which means it isn't valid. We could have just chosen to be straight- so everything we get, we deserve. A large amount of gay/bi/pan/a rights/acceptance rests on the argument that this is how we are born- it's not a choice and it can't be changed.

The people who are suggesting you may already be asexual are saying that you can't change your orientation- and maybe it's just that you have a high enough sex drive that it confuses you, so lowering that will fix it. It has been suggested that an asexual with an extremely high sex drive would have every apperance of a sexual because their drive for sexual release would override their lack of sexual attraction, so even though they aren't sexually attracted to the person- they'd still have/want sex because of the drive.

And either way- sexual orientation isn't set in stone. It can change naturally, but I don't beleive there's a way to change it through drugs or force of will. the closest you can get is to take something that kills your sex drive.

chipmunkgirl
Okay I am not understanding this one bit. Some of you are getting huffed up, comparing yourself to homosexuals, saying that you are just born asexual etc. yet another bunch of you are saying that I may already be asexual because I have made the decision against my sexuality.. which is it?

I'm confused. Do you think we took drugs to turn asexual? Do you think we went to the pharmacy and bought bottle X and then suddenly, miraculously, we all had zero sex drive and zero sexual attraction to anybody? Is that why you are asking people on a forum, 99% of whom have zero medical knowledge, for drugs to turn asexual? Otherwise I can't understand why you wouldn't go to a doctor, someone who HAS MEDICAL EXPERTISE and won't wreck your body in an attempt to kill your sex drive. If you are asking people to give you medical advice over the internet, you will be getting suggestions like apples and eye of newt.

An asexual is someone who does not experience sexual attraction. It is an orientation that is not attained through drugs, no more than heterosexuality and homosexuality are. Often you get asexuals asking if there is a pill that will turn them sexual. And there isn't. No more than there is a pill that will turn you asexual. If you experience sexual attraction to other people, you are not asexual.

I second Rdraconis about why people are getting annoyed... so many of us meet up with disbelief and skepticism that asexuality is a legitimate orientation and not a choice, that any suggestion that it is otherwise... that you can make yourself so... will be met with resistance.

Well sure thing sunshine! It's at the drug store right next to the 'Make me homosexual!' and 'Make me heterosexual!' drugs.

Bull's eye.

Asexuality is a sexual orientation.

It is not a physical characteristic, nor is it a behavioral anomaly.

Okay I am not understanding this one bit.

You choose what to understand and what not to understand here.

Some of you are getting huffed up, comparing yourself to homosexuals, saying that you are just born asexual etc. yet another bunch of you are saying that I may already be asexual because I have made the decision against my sexuality.. which is it?

You are deeply mistaken.

Asexuality is not a decision making process.

We have not decided against anything.

You have mistaken us for celibates. You are wrong again.

You, on the other hand, have made a "decision against" your sexuality.

It is you who have made the decision, not any of us here.

You are not asexual, nor could you ever be.

You desire medical intervention.

A doctor is the only source you can go to.

It's your corner to get lost in, not ours.

kitchenwitch

If you can't go to a doctor because you're uninsured, I can appreciate that. But if you're refusing because you don't want to talk about what's wrong then perhaps that's where you should start.

Some asexuals have a sex drive....Just thought i'd mention that.
…plenty of A's have 'normal' sex drives. Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction, not drive…

!!! This so answers my question! I think I've just made a huge realization about myself. Thank you both. Thank you all!