I want drugs to turn me asexual.

depechecoin

Hey, sexual here! I was wondering if any of you know of asexualising drugs? I am most definitely not an asexual, and I'm beginning to hate myself for it. I don't care if it's some psychological issue about my childhood or shit, I just want some pills I can take which will atleast suppress arousal hormones or something? Please. I'm desperate here.

Btw, I envy you asexuals! I know it must be hard, but sexuality is not cool. :unsure:

Hmmmm i think there is stuff out there that can lower sex drive but not get rid of it altogether, even i (as an asexual) still find that i can have sexual dreams (very ocassionally), so it can be like having a dormant sexuality (at least 4 me) . no pun intended there :)

Jewelsandcrowns
Hey, sexual here! I was wondering if any of you know of asexualising drugs? I am most definitely not an asexual, and I'm beginning to hate myself for it. I don't care if it's some psychological issue about my childhood or shit, I just want some pills I can take which will atleast suppress arousal hormones or something? Please. I'm desperate here.

Btw, I envy you asexuals! I know it must be hard, but sexuality is not cool. :unsure:

You need to go to a doctor. Don't take any medical advice from an internet forum.

depechecoin

You need to go to a doctor. Don't take any medical advice from an internet forum.

But you're advising me on an internet forum not to advise you. Also, I don't think I'll be going to the doctor anytime soon, too deep-seated I guess. So please just help with medicating me?

FallenAngel

I agree. The doctor will give you the best advice.

Jewelsandcrowns
But you're advising me on an internet forum not to advise you. Also, I don't think I'll be going to the doctor anytime soon, too deep-seated I guess. So please just help with medicating me?

So go to the chemist and buy P-Hydroxy-Bemdoxylinie-VR-Loinnium-Arginie 0.00001mcg and you will turn into an asexual. You don't need to take it, justs buying it will do the job.

Or if you want to go the natural path eat 2 red apples a day and in 1 week you'll be asexual.

If you come to an internet forrm asking for medical advise, this is what youre gonna get. The internet is the WORST place to come asking for medical advice.

Would you take my advice now?

You can't force yourself to be asexual, just like you can't force yourself to be homosexual.

You can use drugs to suppress your libido though =/

ChaliceFlame

Yes it is hard, especially when you go nuts with wanting intimacy and cannot find an asexual partner. When you are a sexual, it's much easier to find a date.

See a psychiatrist.

Also, hard? Asexuality isn't hard. It's how a person is, not how they decide to be. I imagine that trying to change who you are would definitely be hard, though.

you need to see your doctor about this and discuss it with him

he should be glad to help and listen

mad_scientist
See a psychiatrist.

Also, hard? Asexuality isn't hard. It's how a person is, not how they decide to be. I imagine that trying to change who you are would definitely be hard, though.

I think he meant that being asexual can be hard in terms of the problems we face as expected of a minority orientation (unique relationship problems, et cetera), not that it requires effort.

On topic, self-medicating is extremely dangerous, epsecially based on internet advice. If you want to chemically alter your libido, I agree you should seek the help of a professional.

kitchenwitch

I'll chime in with the chorus of "Please see a doctor," but I'll also say this: from this very limited amount of info you give, it sounds to me like you're mentally not interested in sex, which is, by the way, how many asexuals are. Many of us experience arousal, but either choose not to act on it, or choose to remain auto-erotic (only masturbation), or choose to have sex with our partners because we're indifferent. But, from a very basic standpoint, it seems to me like you might already *be* asexual, and not realize that asexuals still have hormones and other things that complicate the nonsexualness of their lives.

Androcur will do the trick.

If you are male, it reduces testosterone. It also prevents male pattern baldness and acne.

But you will lose a lot of muscle, too.

Well sure thing sunshine! It's at the drug store right next to the 'Make me homosexual!' and 'Make me heterosexual!' drugs.

You have no idea how insulting your flippant attitude is, obviously. Too bad they don't have a pill for tact either... <_<

orangepenmen31

You know, if you're asking for a drug prescription, by definition you will have to see a doctor. Based on the fact that you have no interest in sex, but you still have your hormones acting on their own every now and then, you might be asexual already. That's why we all are here. I think you need to do some more research first. There's no way to turn it off or on. It's a legitimate orientation. You're going to hear this again and again: if you can find a drug to turn someone asexual, then you can also find the drug to "cure" homosexuality.

If you are male, it reduces testosterone. It also prevents male pattern baldness and acne.

Good points.

Androcur will greatly reduce testosterone in males, and also reduce or eliminate a sex drive. But some (many?) asexuals have a "healthy" amount of testosterone.

The two do not exactly go hand-in-hand--one can have very little testosterone yet have a "healthy" sex drive. Androcur works on a complicated method but it is quite effective in killing a sex drive.

Anyway, drugs might not be able to change someone's orientation, but if he was looking for anti-arousal drugs, that might be a good one. 8)

But FYI: It is rather strong, requires a prescription, and is not available in the USA, but is popular in Europe.

I don't think there are any OVER THE COUNTER drug that would lower your libido.

There are a number of drugs that have this effect, but most if not all are meant to treat something else. Your doctor will likely not want to give them to you for worry of the numerous other effects giving said drugs to healthy people can have.

Try a psychologist or psychiatrist. I forget which one can proscribe medications, but whichever you chose, talk to them frankly about WHY you don't want to be sexual anymore. See what they say.

ETA: As alternatives, look into hypnosis, meditation, or self-suggestion.

Guest member25959

As far as i know, there are no drugs tha can turn you asexual, atleast not intentionaly. Some drugs may lower sex drive as a side affect though.

Good points.

Androcur will greatly reduce testosterone in males, and also reduce or eliminate a sex drive. But some (many?) asexuals have a "healthy" amount of testosterone.

The two do not exactly go hand-in-hand--one can have very little testosterone yet have a "healthy" sex drive. Androcur works on a complicated method but it is quite effective in killing a sex drive.

As a matter of fact, I have a naturally high level of testosterone for a woman. Very high. (Testosterone plays a strong role in the sex drive of women as well as men.) On the other hand, I have very little to no drive. So dropping your testosterone levels may or may not work.

Honestly, my knee-jerk reaction is along the lines of ProdeFemme's--it's an orientation, not a lifestyle choice like being a hiker or something. As far as advice goes, get to a psychiatrist. Sexual orientation--whatever it is--is a part of you, and self-hating is not going to do anyone any good. And I'm totally dittoing the advice of most of the thread--self-medicating for any problem is usually a fantastically terrible idea, and that goes double for behavioral drugs. Therapy to treat your underlying problems with your sexual desires is going to be far better for your long-term mental and emotional health than just trying to kill your drive with drugs.

SorryNotSorry

Agreed. If you start experimenting on yourself with steroids to dampen your sexual appetite, you'll likely throw your entire body chemistry out of kilter and not be able to undo the damage.

kitchenwitch
As a matter of fact, I have a naturally high level of testosterone for a woman. Very high. (Testosterone plays a strong role in the sex drive of women as well as men.) On the other hand, I have very little to no drive. So dropping your testosterone levels may or may not work.

I also have an abnormally high level of testosterone for a woman (mine's about 10 or 15 points outside of normal). It's residual from back when I took hormone therapy to try and turn myself from sexual to asexual.

Best thing to do: embrace yourself. It took me years of forcing myself to be sexual, and then trying to force my body with medications, to realize that I am ace. Would have been a lot easier if I hadn't gone through all of that time, energy, and money. And, I stand by my earlier comments: maybe you are ace. You never know until you stop trying to medicate and start trying to meditate on what you're truly feeling.

I'll chime in with the chorus of "Please see a doctor," but I'll also say this: from this very limited amount of info you give, it sounds to me like you're mentally not interested in sex, which is, by the way, how many asexuals are. Many of us experience arousal, but either choose not to act on it, or choose to remain auto-erotic (only masturbation), or choose to have sex with our partners because we're indifferent. But, from a very basic standpoint, it seems to me like you might already *be* asexual, and not realize that asexuals still have hormones and other things that complicate the nonsexualness of their lives.

Your answer is really the best one, he has to understand that asexual doesn't mean angel, we can get physically aroused too, sometimes against the will of our mind, and about 50% of us masturbate, but there are also those, like me, who wish to have no arousal or need to masturbation. There is a lot we can do to decrease the occasions of arousal, like avoiding certain TV shows, movies, some kinds of dance. There are also positive things who decrease arousal: practicing sports, eating pure chocolate, drinking lots of green tea (only side effect: it decreases iron levels for vegetarians, so I sometimes take a herbal iron supplements or I eat lentils), playing musical instruments (especially classical music) and, for believers, of course, praying is extremely useful.

You are already asexual, so don't take any drug and welcome aboard here!

If you are not satisfied with your sexuality you should consult a licensed medical professional or a professional of equal capability.

Min Farshaw

Good points.

Anyway, drugs might not be able to change someone's orientation, but if he was looking for anti-arousal drugs, that might be a good one. 8)

But FYI: It is rather strong, requires a prescription, and is not available in the USA, but is popular in Europe.

It can also have some nasty side effects in some people. It brought on major depressive episodes in me that could be triggered by almost any negative thought, and would then last for days without a break.

Please see a doctor. If anything, repressed sexuality can be a dangerous thing mentally, and a psychologist could help you to work that out. Loving yourself is the absolute best thing that you can ever do for yourself, and a psychologist can help you do that.

Drugs used inappropriately, especially drugs which have bad side effects and aren't prescribed but simply bought over the counter, can have more dangerous consequences than repressed or unexpressed sexuality. You are who you are; how you deal with it is the point.

Good points.

Well, I didn't mean to suggest that testosterone makes anyone who has is sexual. On the other hand, it's hard not to think of oneself as asexual when arousal is impossible, or next to impossible.

http://www.inhousedrugstore.com/transgender/androcur-t.html

Some asexuals have a sex drive....Just thought i'd mention that.