COGIATI

hyenaboy

I was reading another post in which someone off-hand mentioned a transgender test available from the Laura's Playground website. I was curious, so I went looking through the site to try and find said test. I came to a broken link, but eventually found my way to the test that I think was being referenced.

COGIATI

The problem I do see with it (if you want to use it as a generalised transgender test, I mean) is that the test is geared specifically towards pre-op male-to-females, and its purpose is to help decide whether or not transitioning is a good course of action. Anyway, I wanted to take it anyway -- curiosity always gets the better of me; I was wondering if it would tell me that I'm more 'female' or more 'male'. I tried to answer as neutral as possible for questions that specifically involved the assumption that I have a male body.

Anyway, my results are probably skewed a little bit because of that, but I did still think it was interesting!

Your COGIATI result value is: 40 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.

And I think that's pretty accurate for me. (Although, assuming the "score" is 0 to 100, I'm curious as to which binary I'm closer to.)

Discuss! (Thoughts? Issues? Personal results? Know of any similar tests? ...*has an addiction to online tests*)

I took the test, got -105, but it gave me the same message about "type three". Weird.

(edit) Ah, figured it out. Large negative scores are more male, large positive scores are more female. I don't know what the extremes are, but the cutoff for "androgynous" seems to be between 125 and 150 on either side.

I took it years ago and found it to be entertaining. But it might be confusing for some because, as you mention, it was designed for MtF peeps.

Wow. So you had a score of 40 (near the middle). That does not surprise me. I see that a lot of AVENites are not strongly male or female in gender.

-95, I am an androgyne as well.

-95, I am an androgyne as well.

Edit: well the was weird. :huh:

KayleeSaeihr

I got 84 (positive), also Androgyne. It's the 5th time I've taken that test in the last 6yrs. My scores generally have ranged from 60-90 (positive)

Thanks for the link. Today makes the third time in roughly four years that I've taken the COGIATI and scored level three, Androgyne. Each time, I've gone into it fresh, with no recollection of either the questions or my previous answers. I can't speak for the scientific validity of the test, but I must say I enjoy the consistency of the results.

Just wondering when people will stop making quizzes just like they could 'discover the truth' about a person.

Yet, there could be many other answers for those questions.

pawprint prettysure

I like taking all sorts of tests. Doesn't matter if they're absolute shite or not :P

Your COGIATI result value is: 35 Which means that you fall within the following category:

This one's kinda damn hard to take as a female bodied person. I took a few for both sexes- and generally get androgyne. Which is their way of saying "you don't fit hte binary, so GTFO our quizzes!"

KayleeSaeihr
This one's kinda damn hard to take as a female bodied person. I took a few for both sexes- and generally get androgyne. Which is their way of saying "you don't fit hte binary, so GTFO our quizzes!"

Hooray for Genderqueer! :)

-345->FEMININE MALE.

Well, I think that's a full accurate description of me as I am born male, have a male brain, just a more sensitive towards feminine aesthetics. But I guess most avenites are scoring in the androgynous range which means there still is some relation between gender and sex (asexual and androgyne)?

Elliott Ford

Just interested, cos i know what i am, but where have you found things like this for female-bodied people?

Your COGIATI result value is: 20 Which means that you fall within the following category:

Well, would be better if there was a quiz for female-bodied people....

I hope anyone has seen a test like this somewhere. :mellow:

By the way, it's a common conception that asexuals are more likely to score as "androgyne" but would sexual people really score more as "gendered" (female or male)?

I don't know how much correlation there is between biological gender and felt-gender in sexuals (at least in the realms of such tests).....that's why I ask.

Just interested, cos i know what i am, but where have you found things like this for female-bodied people?

Laura's. I still can't find the first one I took, which was like the COGIATI for both.

There's also this one- http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/sage/test.htm

You get a raw score of some number that indicates you are whatever (I got androgynous), what your appearance is (there's questions about how you present, etc), your brain processes are more gender, you socialize as more gender, if you've got a gender identity issue, and what you indicated your birth sex was, an analysis and "notes". It's kind of BS, I got "Female to Male Transsexual in doubt about your ability to successfully transition". Riiiiight.

8.You are alone enjoying some erotic materials of your own preference. What are they?

can you skip questions?

In your early school days, how were you at writing essays, poetry, and reports?

i'd actually miss alot of the essay writing class at school. this was due to speech therapy and i kept a weakness in it

i improved as i went on in secondary school a little bit but nothing substantial. i did do well in english leaving cert (c1) but this was due to political ranting

however in 2nd and 3rd year of college, i greatly improved, in a group report i was the group leader of, we got 94%. in 1st year, there was a clear divide between written subject and mathematical subjects (i did accountancy)

8.You are alone enjoying some erotic materials of your own preference. What are they?

can you skip questions?

I answered it based on non-erotic materials preference. And still didn't have a good answer- I prefer comics. >_>

Some of the questions on that are just crazy. "Do you like Star Trek?" WTF does that have to do with anything?

Is that the one with the questions about all these comic characters? I didn't know a few of them. (I take them, that doesn't mean I remember what's on them)

I think all the tests are BS, truthfully.

i finally completed the test today and scored

Your COGIATI result value is: -35 Which means that you fall within the following category:

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.

KayleeSaeihr

Laura's. I still can't find the first one I took, which was like the COGIATI for both.

There's also this one- http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/sage/test.htm

You get a raw score of some number that indicates you are whatever (I got androgynous), what your appearance is (there's questions about how you present, etc), your brain processes are more gender, you socialize as more gender, if you've got a gender identity issue, and what you indicated your birth sex was, an analysis and "notes". It's kind of BS, I got "Female to Male Transsexual in doubt about your ability to successfully transition". Riiiiight.

My results if anyone is interested:

Your Raw Score is: 355, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Androgynous

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.

You appear to socialize in a androgynous manner.

You believe you have major conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:

Male to Female Transsexual in doubt about your ability to successfully transition.

NOTES:

* Your answers about your sexual orientation were contradictory. S.A.G.E. thus assumes you must BISEXUAL.

(hilarious that last part, cos it's doesn't support the notion of asexuality :P )

Elliott Ford

More or less what i expected, there are too many "Feminine" traits about me for something like this to ever admit that i'm male. Gender stereotyping much?

Your Raw Score is: 355, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Feminine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.

You believe you have major conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Female.

ANALYSIS:

Female to Male Transsexual in doubt about your ability to successfully transition.

NOTES:

Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.

Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

I'll rephrase something for it - Female to Male Transsexual with doubts about his need to "successfully transition" If you have to be uber-masculine in order to pass as male, then i don't want to. I want to be the boy i am, not someone else's idea of the kind of boy i should be.

Thanks RDraconis for finding this test for us. :cake: for you

None of the below?

# Assertive

# Independent

# Adaptable

# Understanding

# Compassionate

Then, none of the below 2: (Back of the neck, in future)

# Just the face

# Face and maybe back or chest

# Face, back or chest, maybe under arms too.

# Mostly legs, maybe arm pits or some elsewhere on body

# Just legs and arm pits.

Fun and Impossible are not mutually exclusive.

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: -330, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Feminine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Male person.

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Female.

ANALYSIS:

Female to Male possible Transsexual

Or, you can just ask my mum, and get the answer "mostly male".

And, aye, cake for the Draconis!

please delete this account

COGIATI result = 5 (third / androgyne)

yey for 0s haha.

Though i was also wondering if could just miss out quesions that had a big NA for me , that and i'm not mtf... which /may/ have an effect :P

Also, free :cake:

Archived