So, who is in their 20s and considers themself "older"

toujours

Winter Hill

I used to 'enjoy' that too...never happens these days :lol:

I was surprised to be carded at an airport restaurant last summer. I had a feeling though that it was just a requirement of the restaurant to card everyone who orders hard liquor (I ordered a whiskey sour) regardless of age. But even so, I still felt flattered to be carded at age 50 :blink:

When I was in Indiana last year, they had a state law that everyone had to be ID'd for alcohol. So you had the strange situation of very old, grey pensioners being asked for ID.

They also have a strange system whereby if you buy alcohol, everyone with you has to show their ID, and be of age. So if there's a couple aged 22 and 20, no booze for either of them. But they take it one further - if there's a mum and her kids, the mum can't buy booze either.

I'm all for cracking down on alcohol abuse, I see the effects of it quite badly where I live in terms of violence and disorder. But the people being violent? All well over the legal age. They're cracking down on the wrong thing.

They also have a strange system whereby if you buy alcohol, everyone with you has to show their ID, and be of age. So if there's a couple aged 22 and 20, no booze for either of them. But they take it one further - if there's a mum and her kids, the mum can't buy booze either.

Checkout operators are told that if they think someone is buying alcohol on behalf of an underage person, they aren't allowed to sell it to them. Can lead to some awkward moments.

belovedless

Checkout operators are told that if they think someone is buying alcohol on behalf of an underage person, they aren't allowed to sell it to them. Can lead to some awkward moments.

Oh, you mean like when parents walk into their local grocery and can't purchase their twelve-pack of beer because they brought their five-year-old child with them. I saw this one happen awhile ago and just shook my head at the ridiculousness of the cashier's implication.

I only feel older on tumblr. (25 here)

Well, there's other places too. I have a habit of meeting 18-23 year old people, it seems.

I am 29. I hit the triple tens in December. Some days I feel older than I am physically but at heart I feel really young. I wake up on most Saturday mornings and wish there were still cartoons worth watching.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am 19 soon to be 20 in November^^''

I don't consider it being old because I look like a 14-16 year old^^''

People mistaken me for a middle schooler^^'' And with my personality doesn't help it^^'' Mature I am but some stuff I like is kind of childish^^''

My Dad always consider me as older but shoot "I'm still just a kid" is how I respond^^

Though I get mad when someone think I'm 14 instead of 19>__>^^''

Also: I can relate to 15-16 year olds than 20+ ^^''

• 2 weeks later...
Grace Barton

Hmm, I'm 27 and I guess I consider myself older. I'm generally younger at times but I'm also told I'm like an old lady. XD I generally prefer older company compared to people my own age.

I'm 27, and I've considered myself "older" since 23. I've always been emotionally older than my age, I guess - in school some of my best friends were the teachers and bus drivers, haha.

They always make me show my ID to buy lotto tickets. I just hand it to them before they even ask for it now. My husband had to show his ID to buy Nyquil when he was sick a few weeks ago, and he's 31. That one had us laughing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scarlet Spider

Just turned 22 on Friday! I just don't look like it, since i'm a relatively small person, well 5.4 (maybe 5.5) But, body structure always makes me look like a teen or way younger. I have no facial features to give it away, maybe some facial hair growing but no fast enough! >=(

Might only notice by my maturity level, rather intelligent but also very quiet and independant.

Archived