So, who is in their 20s and considers themself "older"

toujours

Im 17 and i consider myself older more mature and more respectable than most people who have 10-15 years on me

• 1 month later...

I'm 27 and I should be living in the Victorian Era. LOL! I should be over a hundred years old!

I'm 23, and I still consider myself to be in the "younger" category. However, I can relate to some of the topics on the "older" forum (because I live alone, I work, etc.) and so I post here sometimes despite being "younger."

I'm 21 and I feel ancient. Like I've already missed out on all the good things my life had to offer, but that can't be true at 21, can it?

infinityandbeyond

Im 26 now, but up until I was 25 I was always getting asked for ID for alchohol. I'm pretty sure I dont look under 18 but although I think as myself as older, I probably look younger than my years :)

I tend to gravitate towards older friends, I just think they have more to offer in conversation than the pop culture on offer these days! I think I'm older mentally, have been doin thing independantly of my parents, car, work e.t.c

I'm 25, and I look at these teenages that look like 10 year olds, and go WTF!

Miselle Serafine

I'm only nineteen but I've always felt like I was born middle-aged. :huh:

Sometimes I just feel old.

But then, sometimes I regress to the age of seven :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
InfinityPlusOne

I'm 23, I look 16, and I simultaneously have the maturity of an 8-year-old and an 80-year-old.

I'm 20, and I just seem to be able to better related to people who are older than me. I guess it's, because I feel like (and have been told) that I'm "more mature than other people my age." I just feel like I grew up faster than my peers...most of the time, I just feel old. Gah. :ph34r:

BrokenButterfly

As long as I can remember, I always felt older. Friends and family have used the words "old soul" with me. I'm 31 one, but still look like I'm in my 20's, but emotionally, I feel older. Maybe mid to late 30's.

At 25 I consider myself old. My cousins are now 14 and in high school! Damn, time sure does fly........

I'm 27 and I often feel much older because I have my shit together compared to my 23 year old roommate. If there is one golden lining to being an asexual in today's sex driven world, I can say that my life is not as dramatic as her's and I thank my lucky stars every time she opens her mouth to complain about a guy or wanting sex.

I also work with all older women who are old enough to be my mom. I get along better with them than I do people my age and younger. The youngest person I work with is 10 years older than myself and I suspect she is also asexual.

• 2 weeks later...

Im 26 and from the time I can remember I always felt more comfortable conversing with adults. I stopped talking to my peers during high school because I just felt that they did not get me or feel they were always just talking about kid stuff, which for some reason I felt I was past that already. I feel I was going on 25 from the time I was 14 now that I am already past that, I feel the same with an older brain inside my skull but same thing, still have older friends and get along with them much easier than peers.

I feel both. Mom used to joke that I was 14-going-on-40 when I was a young teen. 23 on Wednesday and sometimes I see teenagers and 18 year olds and think 'so young!' even though I'm not that much older than them. I think in some ways cause the world has changed around us so fast. When I was a young kid the internet didn't really exist outside about 1000 people (okay, more but not muuuch), not many had their own PCs or at least not many working class people. Our school had to do a class on how to turn a computer on and get programs running. There were toy mobile phones (but they were bulky, cause mobile phones were then) because no bloody kid had a real one.

Now everyone has a mobile, everyone grows up with a computer and the internet and they don't remember Princess Diana being killed and there are kids going to my senior school who were born after I started.

I was talking to an older teenager the other month and they could not remember the internet not being common and every business and their mother having a web site. Some of the teens haven't ever lived under a Torry government.

But at the same time, I feel stupidly young cause I still live with my parents, never haven't and it's kinda hard to see a time soon when I won't. And some other things related to that.

ETA: I don't consider myself older, it's jut that sometimes it boggles me y'know?

KieranTheWerewolf42

I feel older and have always felt that way. I'm 19 right now. I have never had anything in common with my peers and it has always been hard to socialize because I am intellectually much older. As a matter of fact my brother who is 10 refers to my child hood as "back in the stone age" because the internet was not common at all. I still remember when having AOL was a big deal.

I feel older and have always felt that way. I'm 19 right now. I have never had anything in common with my peers and it has always been hard to socialize because I am intellectually much older.

I felt like this in high school (I'm 18), but I tend to hang out with people I can relate with (at my age that's a little hard to come across.) I know for a fact, though, that not very emotionally mature, and so I tend to be a little bit awkward even then.

Anyway, I don't feel older necessarily.. If anything I suppose I feel younger than my group of friends.

I'm 21, and while I don't feel old, per se, I often find myself feeling distinctly older. This might be because I'm the most stayed and steady of my group of friends, or because I'm actually older (by between a few months to three years) than most of them, or it could be because of difference in life experience. There's something to be said about the differences in maturation that running a business gives as opposed to going to school. I find myself uneven with them a lot; my priorities are different, my experiences, and some of my interests.

Of course, in juxtaposition, when I was running said business (I've had to stop because of the economy, and funnily enough try to get back into school), I was by far - often at least two decades - the youngest person in the market. A good deal of the people I worked alongside at art fairs were my father's age, and I was judged for it in both negative and positive lights. I did fit in well enough with the other artists/vendors, when they'd let me. I had a surprising lot in common with them. Sometimes, though, I was shut out of the social aspects or looked down on for being young. And that went doubly for customers.

So it's quite obvious that I'm both not old enough and too old, at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
Skeleton key

I do. I halfway through my 20's and have significant graying already, though I actually look under my age otherwise. I feel old enough to live in a senior housing project sometimes. I have been told by friends and family that I think and respond like an "old person", so I guess its true. Plus I tend to gravitate toward subjects older people find interesting, and love chatting with wiser people outside my age group, especially the elderly. So much to learn.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like I have a lot ahead of me, but at the same time I feel pretty ancient sometimes. I blame the common misconceptions of what it means to be young or old.

Then again, I do feel different from most of my peers. I don't have a desire to go out there and see the world before settling down, for example. It seems to be natural to most others, but I really have no problem being rooted in one place. In fact, I hate it when people are 100% sure that whatever's wrong with you can be cured by discarding all your sinful material possessions and walking to India with your bare feet or something like that. I see something new every day and learn new things, even in familiar surroundings. I enjoy that. I don't enjoy traveling, it doesn't suit me. Every time I travel I become homesick and I can easily experience that somewhere closer than the other side of the globe.

Also, I'm not a very ambitious, passionate person. I don't crave for very complicated, abstract things. People who do usually wear me down pretty fast. I enjoy some of the most simple things in life and I enjoy them with such intensity that it ought to make up for the narrow range of emotions I have.

In ways I am older, but in others, I am very much younger. I'm very playful and given to doing harmless practical jokes. Fortunately my roommate doesn't mind rough housing. I bought some Legos recently. I like that I have relatives to fall back on and take me to buy clothes, groceries and help pay my rent. At the same time I don't feel rushed to do things like it seems a lot of people my age do...I don't feel like time's running out or that I have to do everything now.

• 3 months later...
Trolley Girl

At the age of 23, I consider myself "older" in the sense that most people who are even older than me often think of me as being more mature than most other guys my age. It seems to be a trend among people with Asperger's Syndrome, like me.

Guest Dead Silent

At a young age of 21 I feel a lot more mature than I did at say 18. Most of my friends are a couple of years younger than me so that kind of clashes with the way they act sometimes.

kiramekuchan

I'm 21 but I've always felt older. mostly because I grew up taking care of my parents. (my mom always said she wanted to be like me when she grew up. o_0) I never got to act young and childlike until I left home. But I still feel older than alot of my peers

The Friendly Ace

Orz, how did that happen? I had two tabs open in FF, and I swear I posted two separate replies.... :huh:

I'm 29, BTW.

29 is an awesome age. I've been 29 for six years.

Hahaha, I know what you mean! :D

Someone I used to know, used to refer to their birthdays as "The Xth anniversary of my 29th birthday." ROFL.

I'm 32 so I'm old compared to y'all.... :D

Pfffft. Whippersnapper. I'm 34!! :rolleyes: ;)

The Friendly Ace

Even though I'm 34, I'll consider myself an "older" asexual in about 10 to 15 years time. ;)

Are you perhaps floating lazily down De River o' De'Nile?? :lol: I'm right there with you, BTW. Caek? :cake: :D

The Friendly Ace

I'm 27 and I should be living in the Victorian Era. LOL! I should be over a hundred years old!

Clearly, you have never read From Hell, littl'un. ;)

The Friendly Ace

Hmmm, mark me down as another one who always used to get carded/mistaken for my age, but felt older....Especially when I was working in a Uni town. Them: "What are you taking?" Me: "Life lessons in the School of Hard Knocks. I'm not a student."

I say used to though because I'm finally (Finally!) getting grey hair, which hopefully means I will start looking my age, or at least stop being mistaken for a teenager....My very age-conscious Baby Boomer mother, on the other hand, seems to think it reflects badly on her that I now have grey hair, and she keeps trying to pull them out! :lol:

Is it an ace thing, do you think? Looking younger for one's age, but feeling older than one actually is? I always used to feel older when I was younger, but now that I'm older, I feel younger.

Whoa. I just made myself dizzy with that last sentence... :huh:

*killer*queen*

I'm 29 but I've always felt older than my peers. I think that's why I never got along so well with those my own age, we just had totally different interests. I have better connections with those older than me, sometimes far older.

Archived